“I love this place so much: relax with friends or alone”
Review of Chaibo

Ranked #27 of 109 Restaurants in Fitchburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Chaibo attempts to provide an alternative to the big chains. Travel the world without leaving Central Massachusetts. We offer Coffee from Sumatra, Chocolate from Belgium, Wine from Chile, Tea from Kashmir, Cheese from England & Beer from Belgium. We also serve a delicious lite food menu, Chocolate & Cheese fondue and Fitchburg Famous (we hope to soon be world famous) locally made Ice Ceam & Gelato.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a wonderfully relaxing and relaxed little cafe restaurant. I went there recently when I had missed my dinner and wanted to relax after a long day, plus get a good light dinner. I made a beeline to one of the overstuffed easy chairs and pulled out a book to read. There are also comfy couches and a bunch of people were lolling around on those and chatting.

I got a panini, which was delicious. Nothing particularly unusual about it, but I always love panini, and they had a nice selection. They also offer a big selection of teas, and they bring you a big pot with freshly brewed loose tea. It was really wonderful, and I like when a place makes good tea and gives you a big, generous pot of it. (For around $4.50 or $4 or so, which is a good price nowadays)

They also offer cheese fondue and dessert fondue, both of which sound delicious. I'm going to come back either with a date or some friends for those.

The setting at Chaibo is really perfect: you can look out the window at the world going by. With a little bit of neon lights, and the old-fashioned downtown, I really liked the view. I think this would be the perfect place to go on a snowy evening: to look out at the snow and feel all cozy with tea (or wine) and a big pot of fondue and a comfy couch. There was a sign up that they have open mike nights, too, on Friday, which I'm planning to go to.

3  Thank gettin_there

Reviewed July 30, 2013

great little spot right under Destare, another great place to go. excellent food made fresh as well as various desserts and gelato. got hooked on the fondue! could go there almost everyday if budget allowed.

1  Thank J B
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was circling the block looking for somewhere to park and a place to have a light snack, and saw the little Chaibo signboard sitting by the road. Chaibo itself is not easy to see. I pulled around and parked in the garage next door. I still was not sure if I was hungry enough for a restaurant, but the sign said "smoothies" so I figured it would have something I wanted.
Inside I saw about six people sitting on comfy chairs and sofas, and then a lot of empty tables. I read the menu by the counter, placed an order and looked around. It wasn't a college crowd- mostly 8-5ers on a lunch break with books or friends chatting softly. One man told the server he was taking a break from the office. I also opted for a sofa. The table by it was full of crumbs but I did not care...the sofa was as comfy as it looked.
I had a pannini with hummus, apple and carrot. It was very good. For someone who was not hungry, I wolfed it down pretty fast. They also serve a selection of loose teas, so I chose an earl grey which was worth the $2.95.
I did not see any of the desserts, and no one had ordered the fondue that I could see (I was very curious about the fondues since there was quite a selection.)
But what a hidden treasure. The servers were sweet, the food good,and the wifi free. What more could you want?

1  Thank CSSnowshoer
Reviewed May 16, 2013

WOW! I found this place through an online search for coffeehouses in the area and checked it out because it was one of the only ones that wasn't a chain. What an awesome little hole-in-the-wall! The food is fantastic (GREAT menu), the coffee and tea are high quality and always well prepared, the service is pleasant and relaxed enough to allow you to really savor your meal, and it's affordable! AND! The ambiance is so out of character for this area, but so in line with what I was looking for - an honest-to-goodness coffeehouse! Great music, comfy couches, books, games...they even have a little stage set up for open mice. There also free parking in a city lot that is right next door. All in, this place is worth a trip into the wilds of downtown Fitchburg! It's always a treat. I go a often as I can, and whoever I bring along with me is always stoked to go back!

1  Thank Sarah R