“Needs facelift”

Coco Key Water Resort at Courtyard by Marriott Fitchburg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Needs facelift”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The hotel was pretty decent. Hallways need vacum. Our room was ok. Batbroom floor had some dried lotion. The waterpark was too crowded and the older kids are very pushy and thelifeguards do nothing. Hot tub water was dirty as well as the caked on dirt on tbe hottub tiles. Holes in walls on the hot tub on the outside. They are closed mon-thurs so repairs and cleaning should be easy. They let way too many ppl in at a time as well as too many parties going on so there were no seats available. This was our fourth visit and this was the worst one. Too many kids unsupervised. My kids had fun except when they were being shoved into walls by rowdy kids.

1 Thank Bobbydinger

Manchester, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Rude on the phone”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

When I called to ask questions about the place the girl on the phone was so rude, and when I asked her another question, shes like that's what I said and hung up. From the reviews I have read and the tone of voice from that girl I got our money refunded. I would rather not waste my money on a place with bad reviews and from what I see bad staff.

3 Thank DoneDeal33
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Good for one visit per winter season”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a good break from the winter doldrums for us New Englanders. We took advantage of their "Lucky Duck Friday" (a 4p to 9p session) and found signs hung when we got there at 4:30 to say that it was "sold out" though internet tickets would be honored. Phew... In that case, seating is at a premium, and though you don't sit much at all, putting your stuff on available chairs seems like a "safe enough" alternative to expensive locker rental. Once inside, the attractions are three slides (one body, two ride-on tubes), a splash/water play area, the lazy river, a lily pad-type balance area, and a pool with a basketball hoop (which was should-to-shoulder). There was also a hot tub for adults and an arcade (outside the deck area) - we didn't take advantage of either of those. They have food available but we ate before we got there, and after we left, outside the facility. (There are your typical fast food restaurants 10 minutes away in Gardner.)

The lifeguards are on their game. It is a tropical environment. My 6 year old daughter had a ball - the body slide and the water/splash/play area were tops with her. The lazy river was a distant second (it would bottle neck and then release because of the amount of people). She was an inch too short for the slides with the tubes, but was ok with not going on those. The facility and the changing/bathrooms all seemed very clean. It is easy to lose an eager child in such a busy space - set rules ahead of time about not running ahead or leaving the immediate area without a parent, and knowing where parents are at all times.

We showered and changed in shifts (we had our 6 month old with us, too!). This worked out well, because as the session was winding down, everyone was trying to use the changing rooms and showers. With that volume, they could easilly use double the showers/changing areas they have.

It ends up being an exhausting treat, but the kids fall asleep with smiles on their faces!

3 Thank Carol F
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great for very young children under age 10”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We took my granddaughter here for her 4th birthday as she loves the water. It was excellent for our 4 and 6 year olds but would be too minimal for 10 and over children.

The water was very warm. The slides for the larger kids were fun and had a 5 minute wait to get on, not bad. The staff was extremely alert at all times. I was extremely pleased to see how actively the staff mingled with the patrons, not imposing just very vigilant!

1 Thank Phil R
Boston
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Bad guests, great lifeguards”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went with a group of 9 yr old girls for club outing. The place was over crowded and dirty. However to be fair we did arrive late afternoon so that could be attribute to the dirtiness. The lifeguards were fantastic, they always had eyes on swimmers, did safety checks regularly and were strict against roughness. But they had to be given the clientele. Irresponsible, degenerates is how I would describe 50% of the "parents" there. Tons of toddlers by themselves in the pool and wandering. Saggy dirty diapers on kids and lying next to the families, women bringing their 6, 7 yr old sons in the womens changing rooms, crying snotty nose kids left unattended, just endless irresponsible parenting. I felt dirty just being there never mind getting into the water. Then while we were there an unattended toddler took off their poppy diaper in the pool. The lifeguards had to search for the parent. And it was time for us to go.