“Excellent food at a reasonable price.”

The Copper Stallion
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in Fiskdale
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Discover the warm and friendly atmosphere of a real British pub right here in historic Sturbridge, MA. You'll be a stranger here but once. Life is too short for average food.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent food at a reasonable price.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

It is hard to believe that Copper Stallion is rated 9 out of 10 on Trip Advisor. We must have hit the place on a very good night. We had a wonderful meal and a great experience. The place is small and intimate with lots of atmosphere. My wife had a hamburger that made her eyes roll back into her head it was that good. I had the curry of the day and was warned to expect It to be really hot. While it was hot, it was not intolerable. The curry taste was excellent and I would not hesitate to get it again. The desserts were well made, tasted great and were also reasonable priced. Overall, we thought it was a nice experience and good food at a reasonable price. (Of course, after eating at the Publick House the night before anything looked cheap.)

• Visited May 2013

Auburn, Massachusetts
“WORST DINNING EXPERIANCE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This dingy, over priced, poor service restaurant has to be the worst dinning experience I have ever had. The food was tasteless, the prices astronomical. the service incredibly slow and even found my server to be rude. The bartender (who later we found out was the OWNER of this "English Pub", was drinking beer after beer on the job) STAY CLEAR OF THIS DIRTY PUB!!!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank brooke b
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“Good for appetizers and beer, not dining”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I went with a friend who had stopped here for a few brews and appetizers and enjoyed themselves. So we went in and sat near the "Employee only" door at a cozy table for four. My friend ordered the "Malibu Coconut Encrusted Chicken" plate with rice pilaf. I had the "Prime Rib with Yorkshire Pudding" meal.
Their wasn't much coconut on the three small slices (not even a whole chicken breast) of meat that came with the very plain and dry looking pilaf. While this would be a good diet plate, for the $17 price tag, my companion was very disappointed with the portion size and lack of coconut. Why not serve a whole breast so that the meat would stay juicy and the coconut "encrustation" would be more evident?
The prime rib I had was an average piece of meat and was nothing special good or bad, but the "Yorkshire pudding" was nothing like the real thing. It was a popover the size and shape of a small cupcake or muffin. It was not made in a square pan with meat drippings or lard, and had none of the custard like texture of the middle of the pudding, which when done right looks like the offspring if a crepe and popover mated. The service was good, and I felt sorry for the waitress who heard my companions' complaint but didn't do anything other than offer to take it back. As a side note, the "employee only" door is not a good place to sit, for even though we only saw three waitstaff, a bartender and a barback, at least 12 different people went up and down the drafty stairs on the other side of the door while we ate, including the barback who brought down a case and a half of wine two bottles at a time. Skip this restaurant if you want fine dining.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank StevF
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

A friend suggested meeting here, as it's about midway between Boston and Hartford. I was pleasantly surprised! The pub is a bit hidden away in a plaza, and while it isn't large, it's well decorated and wasn't too loud. The service was good and the food was EXCELLENT. The chicken was among the best cooked pieces of meat I've had - fully cooked and yet moist and delicious. My friend tried the fish and said it was excellent as well. I also appreciated the focus on locally sourced foods. It's a bit pricier than the chains, but the quality made up for the price differential, and I understand that locally sourced food in New England will be a bit more expensive, as the costs of farming are higher here. Overall it was a great find and I hope to return!

• Visited October 2012
Ontario, Canada
“service wasn't very good”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

First of all, the food here is good, no problem with that. However, the service leaves a lot to be desired. The owner doesn't obviously know how to make people feel welcome to his establishment. I felt very uncomfortable here and would never go back. I didn't appreciate his comments. Too bad because it could be really good but I guess he doesn't seem to want to bother making it better by his attitude.

• Visited September 2012