New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Inn on the Square

Inn on the Square
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
UK
“Charming New England Inn.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our first visit to Falmouth and this Inn was very welcoming and attractively set in landscaped site just 5x minutes stroll into Main Street for all restaurants/ bars.( I could'nt believe that it did'nt have a lounge or bar for residents!) Bedrooms are spacious, comfortable and immaculately clean. Breakfast in the attached brand chain was brilliant- great choice of food options and generous portions- I'm on a diet now! Do take the ferry shuttle to Woods Hole- free, to Martha's Vineyard/ Nantucket. If going to Vineyard haven,- all tourist shops, avoid and get the bus to Edgartown. Nantucket is picture postcard perfect! Charming streets, shops, restaurants and bars in beautiful New England style and the people are so friendly. Note- if you take your car to Woods Hole, beware of the parking meters! they are money makers and innacurate- we got a 10x dollar violation fine although we were well within the time- payable at Falmouth Town Hall. All in all though, worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Middletown, Rhode Island, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Inn on the Square for two nights for a wedding in Mashpee just recently. Unfortunately the weather wasn't great, raining most of the time, but we had fun none the less! We used the hotel's indoor pool both days we stayed and the front desk gave us some tips about where to go in town to eat and shop. (there was a fantastic tea room on Main street that I fell in love with) The rooms were super clean and well maintained, sheets were all starched and bright white. Most of the guests at the wedding were staying at an awful place in Hyannis, Everyone was very jealous of our hotel and said they would check it out on their next trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The wife and I stayed 3 nights here recently and I offer the following: the onsite staff (housekeeping and front desk) were all really excellent while the offsite reservation staff is less so. My strongest recommendation is to reconfirm any and all reservation details with the front desk. Previous postings have indicated that the street facing rooms are subject to considerable road noise. I can confirm this as our first night was in one of these rooms and even though we were beat dead tired we still couldn't get any sleep. The front desk moved us the next morning and I've got to say that it made a night and day difference. I would stay here again.

Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a short trip to the cape. While the staff is beyond helpful, there are issues with the hotel that are out of their control.
The room we were in was separate from the hotel. This meant, when it rained (which it did the whole time), we had to walk outside to get ice or use the pool, or anything related to the hotel.
The room itself was terrible. For what we paid, I would have expected much better accommodations. The room was beyond small, the photos that are online depict rooms completely different from how the rooms really are. Y
You can walk one person at a time at the foot of the bed to cross from the bedroom entry to the bathroom. The bedding was still damp on the bed when we got there.
The TV was not working properly, and while they did someone to fix it, there were just so many things wrong that should have been checked in advance for a one night stay, it was just not enjoyable.
I also must disagree with the location ratings. The hotel is on the tip of Main street, so while it is walkable, you are still talking a 1/4 mile walk to get to restaurants etc.-it s not as though you are in the heart of square.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Falmouth hotels

East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just returned from a last minute stay at the Inn on the Square. After reading so many negative TA reviews I was a bit hesitant, but knew to make certain requests with the Inn when booking so that I did not run into the same problems as others here.

Requested and received an early check-in on a Sunday for a King sized bedroom with Jacuzzi. Check in was quick and easy and all of the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I also requested a quiet room away from the pool. They put us in a secluded back corner that was easy to get to, and away from the busier common areas. The room was immaculate, not a speck of soap scum on the jacuzzi or shower. Sheets were clean, everything was easy to find and use. There was a dvd player in the room as well, should we have been stuck inside. The only negative I had was that the bedskirt was old and dusty and had some interesting looking stains on it. It was obvious that doesn't ever get changed, but other than that it was perfect for a nice night away. Jacuzzi filled up fast and with plenty of very hot water, room AC was cold, but easily adjustable-unlike so many other places. Well worth the money and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: back corner rooms behind the restaurant were very quiet.
1 Thank katiegreeniz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My Fiancé and I booked at the last minute on a hotel website. We had very affordable rates for summer, in town, and in season. The room is updated with granite everything and a surprisingly comfortable king size bed. Very lose to everything. Park the car at the hotel and enjoy a walk around town. I will tell everyone to stay here for great service and an affordable weekend getaway.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked the Inn on the Square for an overnight business trip back in April. I chose it because I had work to do in Mashpee, and there are zero hotels in Mashpee. Falmouth was reasonably close and after taking a look at options, Inn on the Square seemed to be the best bet.

On the website, they have beautiful pictures of the exterior, the courtyard, and the rooms. When I got there in person, the exterior was nice - very "Cape" just as shown in the pictures. Check in was alright - the front desk staff gave me a bit of aggravation because I was checking in early. Common spaces were fine. There was a big brochure display with pamphlets highlighting all the area attractions - not something you usually find in the nicer hotels that have concierges who will make recommendations based on your interests.

The room was so so. Furniture was dated and looked a bit country. The bathroom was in need of an update and not well lit. One nice unexpected feature - there was a mini-fridge in the room.

The indoor pool looked like it could use some attention. I was also surprised that there wasn't any sort of fitness room.

Location is alright - it's an easy walk to Main Street where there are some nice restaurants and boutiques.

My stay was fine, but given all the options in the area, I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dansoleau
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Dan'l Webster Inn
Dan'l Webster Inn
#1 of 11 in Sandwich
4.5 of 5 stars 561 reviews

Been to Inn on the Square? Share your experiences!