“Great weekend getaway”
Review of Inn on the Square

Inn on the Square
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Decided to take a last minute weekend getaway. Found the Inn on the Square online and booked it. This was a great choice. The room was nicely furnished and spotless. It was very quiet and the staff was friendly and professional. Jill at the front desk was especially helpful with great recommendations in the area. I look forward to our next stay at The Inn on the Square.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kurt1340

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I am writing this review from our hotel room (recommend room 239 in the Cottage Building) and am very happy with this hotel. I want to come back again!

We drove down from Boston Friday afternoon and it took only an hour to get here. We took the Bourne Bridge route to avoid the traffic. Found the hotel without any problem. There was no one at the front desk when we arrived (a sign said the attendant was addressing a guest problem) so we had to wait about 10 minutes to check in. But after that, it has been sooo relaxing.

We can hear people talking just a bit through the walls, but nothing to keep us up at night. The beds are great, with two comforters and soft pillows. The heater worked great and our room has been the perfect termperature. The bathroom is modern with marble counters and has coffee available. The tub is small, but fills up quickly and the water is hot, though not very very hot.

Good tv, dvr, microwave and fridge. The windows open.

I am very comfort, noise and temperature sensitive, and I found this hotel rivals my favorite, the Skyline Hotel NY for the combination of all three.

Try Anejo, the mexican restaurant for dinner. I had a cucumber margarita and ahi tuna tostada. Mmmm.

Room Tip: Cottage Building is great
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelPixels
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Near to everything downtown if you like to stroll, hotel very very clean and comfortable. Front desk staff very helpful and friendly. Percey's restaurant is attached and is kid friendly and has a good menu with quality food. There is a small coffee shop just across the street that opens at 6 am for early risers. Part of a large group-wedding-and everyone was happy with the Inn. Would sty there again with no hesitation

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank flSandy
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Went there during April school vacation and found the price reasonable. There is a small refrigerator and microwave in the room which was a nice surprise. We stayed one night with kids. The pool is nice, clean and well lit. The hotel is convenient to downtown Falmouth, within a mile. It is a nice hotel at a reasonable price. If you are looking for romance or upscale this is not it. But great place if you need to be in Falmouth and are not worried about being on the water.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at the Inn on the Square in April before the tourist season started. The hotel has a great location, easy to walk around in Falmouth, easy to reach other places such as Woods Hole. The staff was very nice and exceptionally helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I'd stay there again without a second thought. The indoor pool was great. My colleague was disappointed that there isn't a work out room, but found jogging locally a great substitution.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Was visiting Falmouth area to participate in local road race, and although I have friends who live in the area I prefer to stay at Inn on the Square because of exquisitely clean rooms, especially those equipped with in-room spa tubs, a hotel staff that is second to none and will do their best to accommodate the most obscure request and a convenient location allowing you to walk to the downtown shops and restaurants. Pre-race nothing beats breakfast from legendary Percy's Restaurant, while post race a soak in the hotel pool hits the spot. My local friends recommenced it years ago when they didn't have room for me, now I stay here whenever I'm in the area. If you check it out, make sure to walk the property and enjoy the wonderful landscaping too.

Room Tip: request a room with a 2-3 person hot tub......it's worth the small upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was visiting Falmouth in February 2012 for some business I had in the area. I have never stayed at this wonderful hotel before, but I will never stay at another Hotel on the Cape ever again. This hotel is just a wonderful place. The staff is so helpful and charming. I had an issue with the Wi-Fi, I called the front desk, and the manager, I think his name was David was so helpful. He informed me that he was resolving the problem with the provider as we spoke. The hotel has an old timey feel to it, but it kept up with very well. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying on the Cape, you will leave relaxed and very happy. I give it five stars

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank AS03
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
#1 of 7 in Sandwich

Been to Inn on the Square? Share your experiences!