“Great Rooms and Rates Off Season”

Red Horse Inn - Falmouth
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My extended family and I rented a number of rooms so we could catch an early ferry to the Vineyard. The rooms were spacious and clean. The owners were a delight to deal with and very accomodating of our late arrival. I would not hesitate to recomend this Inn and would consider it for an extended stay in the picturesque Falmouth area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for one night as part of their "Dining and Lodging" package. The room was lovely, the service excellent and our dinner at the Coonamessett Inn was delicious! You can't beat the location either as the inn is right near the center of town! We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit at the red horse inn. The suite was adorablely decorated, jacuzzi was fantastic, comfortable bed. We at dinner at the coonamesset right up the road, and we were blown away by the food, services, and the warm cozy atmosphere. I highly recommend the red horse inn, the service was exceptional, great value, thanks again. We will be back!

Mr. And mrs. Cloherty

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I didn't actually stay at the Red Horse -- I had a reservation to stay there two weeks ago which I had to cancel with less than 24 hours to go. I called to cancel and was told, very politely, that if they could sell the room to someone else they would refund my money. "Yeah, very likely," I said to myself. I figured they wouldn't try to sell the room (it's the middle of winter in Cape Cod, who's going there anyway?) and if they did, they wouldn't tell me -- they'd just get double pay for the room.

Boy was I surprised when my credit card statement arrived and there it was -- a full refund! They'd sold the room.

In addition I can say that I had to deal with changes to the reservation twice before canceling, and each time the happy woman that answered the phone was friendly and professional.

Not sure when I'll be back in Falmouth, but I'm sure to stay at the Red Horse when I do!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OffWeGo2010
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Very nice hotel. It was clean and extremely roomy. The rooms were the largest rooms I have ever been in. The room was a bit dated but very clean. If your looking for a decent place at a good price Red Horse Inn is it! Plus its in a prime spot just down the road from the Island Queen Ferry launch and just a short trip to the beach.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband arrived for our two-night stay (Nov. 30th and Dec. 1st) after the office was closed. Our key was in a labeled envelope with a map to our room. Great parking. We had room 12- a queen cottage.

After a nearly 3-hour drive, I needed to use the bathroom, only to find long hair on the floor and hair from a man's shave on the sink. Not impressed. The bathroom was also very, very small. There were stains on the white lamp shades as well. The bed, however, was really comfortable and the sheets were soft.
The owner, Cathy, did accommodate us well, though, letting us use some wine glasses (that were dirty...) and allowing a late check out on Sunday. That was really kind. The location is good, but even off-season, the traffic is definitely noticeable. I was able to walk into town though!

Walls are thin, and we could hear the two people in room 11 talking and slamming their door. Come on people, be quiet! Luckily, none of the noise disturbed my sleep.

Continental breakfast was good enough! Coffee, tea, OJ, bagels, muffins... warm yogurt.

I guess compared to other places we have stayed this place is only ok. We would stay again as they offer a military discount, but we would not pay full price to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
RedHorseInn, General Manager at Red Horse Inn - Falmouth, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I only wish that in addition to this review, that you had spoken to me directly concerning your dissatisfaction, on one of the 3 separate occasions that we held conversation in the front office. I wholeheartedly apologize that I was unable to make things right for you while you were still here as a guest. Cleanliness along with our guests satisfaction are our top priorities and our goal is always to go the extra mile. I thank you for bringing these situations to my attention as without our guests input we have nothing to go on.
Cindy

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My son and I went for a quick trip to Cape Cod last week. We like the Falmouth Heights area, usually stay at the Motor Lodge which is not open at this time of year. We tried the Red Horse Inn and were not disappointed. Cindy at the Red Horse was great. We were late arrivals and she left an envelope with our room information and key for us outside the office and the lights on in our room. The room was lovely and one of the largest motel rooms I've ever been in. Plenty of room for just the two of us. Nicely decorated, clean and very comfortable. Cindy gave us great choices for breakfast the next day and dinner at the Quarter Deck in the town of Falmouth that night. We were the only guests at the Inn that weekend but Cindy said that she was booked for the Thanksgiving weekend. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had one of the double queen rooms. Really happy with it.