“Good Service”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Seattle, Washington
“Good Service”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I checked in late on a Friday night. The cavernous front lobby is beautiful and clean and the hotel is situated on a quiet street in a residential neighborhood. I felt safe and the place seemed quiet. The woman at the front desk helped me weed through my Priority Rewards numbers (there were 3 different ones) and then checked me in, upgrading me to a quiet top floor room that ended up being a junior suite with a king sized bed. The room was clean and quiet, but I should mention that there was a bag of someone's old dirty laundry hanging in the closet, and a couple of the lights didn't work. I'll still give 4 stars for cleanliness and good service, but if you stay here, make sure to check the closet when you get into your room. I'll go back, though.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SJS2013, Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear BostonGal13, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth. We are pleased to hear that you found the hotel comfortable, clean and quiet. We also apologize for the closet! We have shared this review with our entire housekeeping staff and can assure you, this will not happen again. Please come back and visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
connecticut
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Outstanding staff transforms average hotel into superior stay … go Sophia!
This hotel is like many others built decades ago. It is an older hotel that has been refreshed. It is clean and bright, the TV is flat and large, wireless is everywhere, the bedding and towels are new and of good quality – and I don’t remember, but the shower curtain rod is probably one of those new curved ones. The bones of the hotel, however, haven’t changed. And why would they? You wouldn’t expect a house built in the 1980’s to have the look or feel of one built today. You can redecorate and renovate, but in the end, it will always look like it was built in the 1980’s. That said, on a relative basis I’m sure that the overall quality of the Falmouth Holiday Inn is the same as it was when it was opened decades ago – it’s just not new. (I don’t think there is a new hotel anywhere in the Falmouth area.) It’s not the Ritz Carlton, but it was never intended to be. It is a Holiday Inn, and a good one. (I have no idea when the hotel was built; just using the 1980’s to make the point.)
That said, the staff is anything but average. The service you receive here goes way beyond that of the typical Holiday Inn. Ask and you will receive … no kidding! And you don’t even have to ask. When I checked in this past week, solo, Sophia at the front desk went out of her way to place me in a quiet room – and gave me an upgrade! Sophia also took the time to discover that I am an IHG Rewards Club member with a balance of more than 25,000 points – I had no idea. If I didn’t know better, I would believe that Sophia had some ownership in the hotel – she is an Inn Keeper from days past, welcoming harried travelers to her hotel, and going to extremes to ensure a restful and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank carencn
SJS2013, Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear carencn, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our "outstanding staff"! Our employees work very hard to ensure the happiness of all of our guests. We have just begun upgrades to the hotel and hope that you will be pleased with the results. Please come back next summer and check out our new look!
HOPE VALLEY
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We spent New Year's Eve 2013 at this property. Staff was very friendly and helpful, room was spacious and clean, room service was not without problems, but manager Cindy and staff member, Amy rectified. Sophia at the front desk was magnificent! She is a terrific ambassador of this hotel...always smiling, there to correct problems, wanting everyone to have the best experience they can.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rona M
SJS2013, Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Rona N, Thank you for taking the time to rite a review of the hotel. We are pleased that you found the staff "very friendly and helpful" and the guestroom "spacious and clean". We are sorry to hear that you had a problem with room service! We appreciate your feedback and we plan on sharing this review with the entire staff, especially Sophia. Cheers!
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed here with two of my friends on a short girls trip to Falmouth. The hotel is your typical Holiday Inn. The room was nice and clean and the staff was friendly. When the lady at the front desk found out we were tourists, she pulled out a map of the town and circled some recommended places to eat. That was very nice of her.

The only negative to mention is that the hotel was very busy when we checked in, and there was only one person staffing the front desk. We had to wait in line for a bit before we made it to the front, and there was a small line growing behind us as we checked in (and went through the map, etc). We requested a rollaway bed and were told it would take some time to chase one down as there was only one person working the front desk. No bed appeared throughout the evening, and when we called the desk at 10 pm to check on it, we found out that the desk person hadn't had a chance to look for it. She did knock on our door shortly thereafter to say that there were no rollaways available. It wasn't a big issue for us, and we weren't upset. However, I think everyone could benefit from increasing the staffing on busy days! We got the rollaway for the next night of our stay and all was well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
SJS2013, Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear gellen86, Thank you so much for your feedback about the hotel. We apologize about the rollaway bed! This should have been taken care of immediately. I have shared this review with the management team, hoping that we can learn from this error. However, we are pleased to hear that you found the hotel comfortable and are staff helpful. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
Shoreham
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Very accommodating hotel Housekeeping was spectacular
Super accommodations
All around nice people.
Every person made it a point to always be professional and address you personally
Looking forward to my return there.
They made a bad job turn into a fun visit. Will always go there

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank BernardCrowl
Dear BernardCrowl, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth! We appreciate the kind words and are especially pleased that you found our staff to be "professional and courteous". Please come back and visit us again, soon!
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and as we walked up to the front desk the woman at check in told us "There is no Hockey tournament this weekend its next weekend" . My wife was about ready to cry after a 2 hour ride . I looked at her and said really the whole teams in the parking lot . Then she chuckled and said i was just kidding. Funny! room was not ready at check in. so they gave us another room.Room was typical two beds bath no fridge or microwave.pool was nice workout room small. Kids eat free at the restaurant attached to the hotel but the dinner menu is way over priced $14-$20 a meal . I payed in cash but they still charged my credit card for twenty dollars more then i payed for my room . Went and asked them why i was charged if i was paying cash and heard .The woman who checked you in made a mistake.maybe if she wasn't planning bad jokes she would of correctly charged me for the room. IDK, it took 2 days for the money to clear and go back to my bank account which led to us having a pretty tight budget for the weekend. We weren't planning on paying double .We do this tournament every year next year we will stay somewhere else.The potential is there for a great hotel,Location amenities it just seemed like a tourist trap.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Jeremy F,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience and regret the issues you encountered during your stay. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, we want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to our service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wareham, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Mike ..I sent mom and dad away for an anniversary weekend, just 30 minutes away due to health problems. They have not stopped thanking me since. From the first phone conversation to book thier stay to check out the management and staff were very helpful and always pleasant. The standouts were the salt water pool, comfort of the rooms, cleanliness of the hotel, and the restaurant. Thank you again and again to the management that made it quite special. I will be booking again soon.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to ask Ms. Barrett for her advise, they are very accommodating to every need.