Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Had a very pleasant stay at Sea Crest.

This is a great place for families. Lots of different things going on: beach, outdoor pool, indoor pool, toddler pool. Game room. Some activities which we didn't take part in.

The room was in excellent condition. Kind of standard decor, but everything worked and was clean. I was worried about the air conditioner, but it worked great and was reasonably quiet.

I like to list amenities, because sometimes it's hard to find on a website. Seacrest had all the standard stuff: hair dryer, shampoo & conditioner, iron & board, plenty of outlets for plugging in devices, free wi-fi which worked pretty well. Ice down the hall. Tap water was fine. My room had a small fridge (NOT mini-bar), but I'm not sure if they all have that. Not many hangers, though!

TV did not work well, and was disappointed in the channel selection. But we didn't watch it much.

We had a "courtyard view" room which also had an excellent view of the ocean. An oceanfront room would not have been worth the extra money to me, in this case. Perfectly fine view of the water and sunset.

Only ate at Red's, but the food was surprisingly good. In places like this, you can easily encounter food which is an afterthought, at best. The prices certainly were not cheap, but it is a beach resort after all. There are plenty of choices near by if you want to save a few bucks.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Rantipole
Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Overall a great experience at this hotel. The service was beyond exceptional. Want to call out Alex who went out of his way with charm and friendliness and snagged us the smaller ocean chairs we needed (they had run out, but he found us some anyway) and made sure we always had a drink in our hands! One thing to remember, bld. 1 is not as nice as the other bldgs. The website only posts pics of the newer, more updated rooms, but bldg 1 is more like a standard motel room. We were disappointed in the rooms overall. LOUD air conditioner that kept us up and low pressure shower. BUT, the restaurants were wonderful, and the service was just exceptional. Beach is lovely, but waves are non existent, so if you are there to boogie board, you will be disappointed. Private beach is well maintained. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in bldg. 1
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bkjohn2014
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We were married on the beach at Sea Crest in August of 2013. We just recently came back to celebrate our 1st anniversary together. We cannot say enough about the attentive and friendly staff, the amazing food, and the most romantic atmosphere. I wish we had the beautiful weather we had on our wedding day, but that is not Sea Crest's fault. We stayed up late to enjoy the beach at night before the rain came. This place is great for a couple needing a weekend away or bring the family. I was excited to see how many family friendly activities they plan for their guests and children. Maybe we will bring our daughter next year, but then again, we might just take advantage of our one weekend a year by ourselves :-) a must stay! Hopefully your weather will be better on Old Silver!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheProduce
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Though at the hotel for a conference, my husband and I really enjoyed the beautiful beach. We also took advantage of the hot tub. Since the weather was so good, we didn't swim in either the indoor or outdoor pools. There are watersport rentals right next door, and I enjoyed ocean kayaking in the bay; the bay waves were just right. Being there in high season, we didn't do much traveling due to traffic, but did enjoy a short trip to Hyannis. Dinners in the restaurant while viewing the sunset over Silver Beach were first rate!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris F
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Fantastic beach hotel with private beach. Lovely hotel with great facilities. Indoor & outdoor pool, good on site restaurant & poolside bar. Excellent buffet breakfast with more than you could ever want to eat. Friendly & helpful staff. Nightly family movies which are great for kids. Great beach facilities with loungers, umbrellas & towels. Best place to watch the sunset on old silver beach.

Room Tip: A sea view room is great.
1  Thank Manda110874
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I almost hate to write this review because we love the Sea Crest so much, I'm not sure I want to tell about our beach-front getaway. The Sea Crest hotel has been renovated with a lovely beach motif and is great place for families, couples and retirees. There are very few hotels directly on the beach anywhere on Cape Cod, so the Sea Crest is a gem, with a gorgeous, sandy, private beach, next to Old Silver Beach in Falmouth. We live an hour away and love the option of driving-down to Sea Crest early, and getting and extra day out of a one night stay. Even if the rooms aren't ready, you get all the amenities the moment you walk-in, and that includes the beach chairs, umbrellas and towels and access to the beach/pools etc. No need to pack beach gear and towels; just pack bathing suits, sunscreen, hat and pails and shovels (if you have kids). Parents will love the security and kid-friendly atmosphere. There is an indoor, and outdoor pool which overlooks the beach. Family Movies are played each night in the courtyard, where the kids are given popcorn.

As for food, the Sea Crest has a great brunch in the main dining room, a café for quick breakfasts and the Restaurant, Reds is good, with ocean views and has an outdoor, beach service option. The staff is very well-trained and extremely friendly and helpful. The bartenders know their business and their customers and always serve-up great drinks and conversation. I love being able to sign for drinks/food and not carry around money. During the summer weekends, the Sea Crest has great reggae or oldies bands that plays-out along the pool and bar. We love to go down with friends, but always seem to meet new people on the beach or bars every time we visit.

Is the Sea Crest expensive? Depends on your point of view. My family only likes 1-3 days at the beach. For years, we rented Cape cottages, which go for $2000-$2500 a week for a ten minute walk to the beach and then leave early because we've had enough. For less money, we can stay a night or two at the Sea Crest, get the several days at the beach we want, and I (the Mum) don't have to cook, clean, do laundry, make beds or deal with the basic comforts or "un-comforts" of a rental house. At the Sea Crest, I am met with a smile, friendly "Hello, can I get you anything." I get to happily sip adult beverages while resting or hanging-out with friends on the beach. A beach, which is steps from my room, and I might add, the sunsets are SPECTACULAR! The rooms are tastefully-decorated rooms, and has a decent sized fridge to keep cold drinks. My husband and I have even enjoyed a "kidless" night in the winter at the Sea Crest, (talk about a cheap getaway in off season), and had a great time with lovely views and time to spend in Falmouth. Oh, and did I mention that Falmouth is a wonderful, Cape Cod town full of great restaurants, shops, entertainment and family-oriented things to do. It also has the ferry to Martha's Vineyard.

All in all, I think the Sea Crest is a great family getaway. I would say the only drawback is that if you make a reservation in the peak summer season, you can't cancel if the weather is lousy. Also, I would suggest if you are at the Sea Crest in the summer weekends, go down early to the beach around 7:30am and have the crew set-up your chairs/umbrellas in a good spot, as it gets crowded and you want a good spot.

4  Thank JALance
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Terrible beds...expect backaches. Glorified motel rooms which had strong musty odors and squeeky carpet. Very small bathroom, broken fan. Had a moment at the front desk with two other unhappy customers - asking about repair of a broken elevator, citing broken fan, being talked down from true frustration about their trips, etc. Staff is young, unable to solve problems beyond an "I'm sorry". I watched an older staff member hear this and walk back into the office, offering no assistance to the young staffer. The location is their strong point on Old Silver Beach and the food in the restaurant was quite good with very friendly wait staff. Regardless, this is at best a mediocre facility, we will not return.

1  Thank Julie S
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with our beds. With our recent renovation, not all of the beds were replaced. However, we intend to replace the older mattresses and pillow in the near future.

Our elevator was briefly out of order, but almost immediately repaired.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beach, the food and our friendly wait staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Harbor View Hotel
Harbor View Hotel
#2 of 4 in Edgartown

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!