“Not great”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here last week and the place is old and needs a major refurbishment. The door was falling off the cupboard, the fridge was sitting on top of a coffee table and there were no luggage racks to put luggage on. We went to make a coffee and the milk provided was off and curdled in our cup. The restaurant Reds was not any better, the service was slow, the glassware was filthy and we had to ask for it to be changed as there were lipstick marks on it, the tables were filthy and we had to get them wiped down as there was sand and dirt all over them. One person in our group was served a glass of wine in a glass with a crack in it. I would definitely not stay here again, it's old and dated, the place is noisy and generally lacking in any style.

3  Thank Fionaeid
There are newer reviews for Sea Crest Beach Hotel

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I recently stayed at the sea crest hotel in Cape cod for 3 days. Our room was big but very tired and could certainly do with a big face lift. The staff were not helpful at all. Shortly after checking in I checked my bank account to find that they had taken $320 dollars from my account as a holding deposit for two rooms, they hadn't told me about this amount on check in. I am aware that a lot of hotel hold a little money in case of damages but this was excessive. Not only that but a
To date this money has not been returned despite the fact that I called them on Monday 16 June I spoke to my bank today who told me that they didn't put the money on hold they charged my account and I had to wait fifteen days and they would then raise an order for the money to be returned. This hotel denied taking the money but couldn't answer why it hadn't been returned. Staff were unhelpful and I would say to anyone thinking of going there think again. On the 3 days we were there they had conventions every day and at night you couldn't get served at the bar as it was so busy and noisy and not enough staff. Not good at all

6  Thank Julie M
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stay at the hotel last week for business and it was a great trip. The staff was exceptional and took care of everything I needed. The food for the meetings/ events were outstanding and dinner in Red's was delicious the sordfish was cooked perfect and you can not get a better Loster Roll down the cape! Drinks at the Pool Bar with the amazing view end the day just right!The beach was breath taking and the pools were refreshing! My room was clean and neat and houskeeping did a great job making sure I had everyhting I needed. The Beds were comfortable and I slepted like a baby. I would recommend this hotel to freinds and family and can not wait to go back!

Room Tip: Pay the additonal price for ocean view it is worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Food and Service were totally Amazing. Staff was attentive and Very Friendly. I went for a meeting and will return for a mini vacation. I have worked for Marriott and 5 star resorts. This is a Gem. Highest possible recommendation!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The View, to die for. The food, scrumptious. The catering staff, attentive & friendly. I didn't even know this place was here until this event, would have booked a room but they had no vacancies :(
Our entire table at the wedding also raved about the food, service and location. A good time was had by all! Good job Sea Crest.

Room Tip: We didn't stay, so cannot write an accurate review.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I recently stayed at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth, Mass. I have to say the location is absolutely beautiful, the restaurant on the first floor, Red's, had delicious food at a reasonable price. We stayed for an entire week and found that it was best to eat at Red's than to go out to other local restaurants, it was just that delicious. However, my reasoning for giving this hotel an average rating is because housekeeping was absolutely terrible. We came to the hotel and our bed sheets had hair and lipstick stains on them, when we asked to have this changed, they did not come until the next day..only to use the same bed sheets. It was absolutely disgusting, we could not sleep. Additionally, they did not provide us with enough towels or toiletries. The hotel went through renovations and have a beautiful first floor and the front desk workers are pleasant, but when you go out the stairs, the carpets are dirty with huge stains on them, when you walk into the room it had an awful odor. Would not recommend this place to anyone and would not stay with this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank B P
Clark_Guinn, Regional Director of Operations at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel. I am so very disappointed to hear that we completely missed the mark with regard to your housekeeping service, though I do much appreciate your kind words regarding Red’s and the front desk staff. While I am proud of food and beverage and the front desk, I sincerely apologize about the lack of cleanliness, and our lack of response to your requests for service. I know you stated that you wouldn’t visit us again. I hope that you will not let this one experience, albeit it most unpleasant, deter you from giving us another chance to demonstrate that we do care for our guests and their experiences. Please call me at 508-564-2551 so I can personally assist with your next reservation.

Kind Regards,
Clark Guinn
Regional Director of Operations

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My family and I have stayed at Sea Crest Beach Hotel several times since 2010, and found each experience to be memorable. The natural beauty of the setting and and closeness to the ocean are unique; water views are lovely, ever-changing, calming. Fun swimming.
Also the service is unparalleled. The front desk staff is cordial, friendly, and eager to be helpful. The beach staff, servers in the restaurants, and housekeeping staff are all friendly and concerned that guests have a happy experience. Restaurant meals are delicious and we never miss the extravagant weekend brunch in the lovely room with non-stop ocean views. We will be visiting the SeaCrest several more times this summer!

Room Tip: Love the rooms directly facing the ocean...whether 1st or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Blue Water on the Ocean
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Inn on the Square
Inn on the Square
#8 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!