“Not worth the money”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

It's dirty. Full dirty linen bags left in the hallway, sand in the hot tub, hair in the bathroom....And the $18 for their breakfast was a complete waste of money. Drive the 10 minutes into town to find a better place to eat. Will do more research for a better place to stay next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank 000Angela777
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
I am so disappointed that we failed to impress you, and to read your recent review. I too would have been less than happy to have encountered such accommodations. Rest assured that what you experienced is definitely not our standard or the norm. I am surprised by your review of our breakfast buffet. Usually, our guests find that while it may be a bit more than they have paid elsewhere, the omelet station and waffle station make up for the difference.

I do hope you will allow us another opportunity to show you that we truly care about our guests and their experiences. Please feel free to call me at 508-564-2551 if I can ever assist you personally

Clark Guinn, Regional Director of Operations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Hingham,ma
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

My Third Year @ SEACREST Review....
What a wonderfull, unasuming, funky, gracious Jewel of a Resort .
A Great Getaway with a group of girlfriends ,like we just did.
FUN BARTENDER & RESTAURANT STAFF!
WARM, WELCOMING STAFF!

The BEST HISTORIC DOWNTOWN close by.
Lively & Lovely Shops & Restaurants.
Bring your GPS and explore the back roads.
I just find the whole area friendly and welcoming.
I own 2 Shops in Ct. & wish I could retire here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank building19
Thank you for your recent review of the Sea Crest..so glad you enjoyed your third year with us and look forward to many more!

I agree that we have a warm, welcoming and fun staff. I consider myself lucky to work with such professionals.

Come back soon!
Clark Guinn, Regional Director of Operations
Belmont, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here with a few friends for a weekend in Feb for a bit of a boys weekend away. The staff was very helpful and kind. We ate at the restaurant at the bar and had great service. One of the waitresses was very helpful, had a unique name, but was beautiful, tall and knew tons of places to go in town. We ended up going to a few places she recommended. Anyway, the food was delicious and the breakfast buffet was good too - a bit pricey but worth it for the waffles! We are looking forward to returning in the summer! Only regret was not spending more time at the restaurant with the attractive waitstaff!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Scott P
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had our wedding at the Sea Crest last August and I can't say enough about it! The venue is GORGEOUS and perfect for a feet-in-the-sand beach wedding! The staff was amazing & accommodating in every way -- everyone from our wonderful wedding coordinator, Caitlin, to our reservation contact, Lindsay, to the girl who set-up our beach chairs for us every morning, to the bartenders -- everyone went out of their way to make sure we had a great time (and we definitely did!). Many of our guests stayed for the weekend and truly enjoyed the resort. With the beach just steps away from the rooms and good food & drinks in the restaurants you don't have to leave the property. There is both an indoor and outdoor pool, too, which the kids loved. I only wish we could do it all over again! Oh and as for the rooms...we weren't in them very much, but they had great views, were very clean and the beds were comfortable, so no complaints there. Thanks again to everyone at the Sea Crest for making our wedding weekend a dream come true!

Room Tip: The oceanfront room is by far the best as it has a patio which opens directly onto the boardwalk. Yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mandy E
Brookline, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I wrote a post on May 27th, 2013 about our amazing wedding experience titled "Beautiful Wedding, Excellent Service" and we just recently went to the Sea Crest again for dinner. Over the 10 months since our wedding, we have heard how wonderful the Sea Crest staff was to all of our wedding guests and some are even planning to visit them again this summer. Other recently engaged couples asked for my coordinator's information and I was happy to give it to them. Caitlin Concannon was the most efficient and helpful part of our entire wedding planning experience. In addition to her expertise, the wait staff, kitchen staff, and front desk staff provided 5 star service.

I say all of this again because our recent visit proved just as 5 star as our wedding. Several staff members recognized us and asked us how our married life has been. I also love that the service has continued and I still hear from Caitlin, who we have promised to say hello to when we stay there again this summer.

I highly recommend every aspect of the Sea Crest from the restaurant, to the beach, staff, wedding team, rooms, etc. Definitely a place to check out!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea M
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had my wedding here in September and you can sure tell that the coordinators get paid off commission. I an writing about this 4 months later because I am still upset about how they handled myself and my guests at my wedding.
They will lie to you to get you to book the wedding and not follow though with any details.
First of all my husband and I were 27 and 26 at the time and we had 180 guests of all ages. The coordinator told us that we had to keep the noise down... IT WAS a WEDDING.. There is dancing and music and people enjoying themselves!!! And the coordinator Caitlin Concannon all but had a fit.
So the next morning I got a call from this coordinator to meet up in the lobby so, my husband and I went to meet with her on our first day as a married couple. She decided to tell us after our entire wedding was paid for and over and the contract signed that we Owed an addition $600 for our cake! Obviously we didn't pay it and we had no legal obligation since the contract clearly stated that we had already paid for the cake. Meanwhile they were storing the top part of our cake for us until we left. When we went to get it before we left, they said they could not find it anywhere. So very nice and professional of them to throw away our wedding cake that we were saving for our anniversary.
Those are just a couple of examples of how our wedding was handled so poorly but there are many more. But with that being said, the rest of the staff at Reds and the pool bar were great. The day after the wedding, the bar tenders treated us great and so did the hotel staff. Lindsay Tousingnant was great to work with also!
I highly recommend staying here for a night or 2 but do not have your wedding here! I paid over $30,000 on this venue alone (not to mention the hotel guests for our wedding and the money spent at the bats the next day) and they couldn't even make us feel special on our very special day :(

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank LRD9202013
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your disappointment with your wedding experience at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel. We pride ourselves on providing memorable experiences to all our guests, but most specifically to those who choose to start their married lives with us. I am deeply apologetic and would love to opportunity to welcome you back to the Sea Crest and to meet you personally. Please call me on my cell 508-564-2551 so we can arrange a time for you to come and make new, positive memories with us.

Clark Guinn
Regional Director of Operations
Scout Hotels
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 19, 2014

BED BUGS. Room 503 This was a second time I stayed at this hotel, because I really liked it the first time. I still liked it the second time except couple of things that made me give it lower rating. Biggest one is the BED BUGS!!! I didn't notice them before and the very last night of my stay I stayed up till 2 or 3 A.M. because I was watching movies on Netflix (by the way very speedy WiFi is a Plus) and I noticed 3 little bugs crawling away from me on the bed, I screamed and jumped, waiken up my husband, he squished them and left 3 bloody marks on the sheet of the bed.. NASTY!!! Until they get rid of them I will not be back...
FAMILY FRIENDLY??? So this was a second time we stayed there with our two kids 4 and 2 year olds. They claim to be family friendly, but really there is not much that kids can enjoy doing during cold winter months. They have a picture online of a club-house room for kids - NOT TRUE! it been closed out for 2 years now and kids cannot play in there. They do have a new game room in the pool building, but it is really for older teens and adults: there is ping pong table that is all broken, 2 arcade video game machines and that is it... There are no playgrounds at all; indoor or outdoor, kids under 16 years old are not allowed to use whirpool, water in the main pool and kiddie pool is very cool for yong kids - their lips turn purple after just 5 minutes of swiming in there..
So to summarise it up basically here are the Pros and CONs:
Pros:
1. Hotel service stuff was very police, pleasant and helpfull
2. Breakfast area is very nice
3. Breakfast variaty was very good: fruit salads, fruits baked goods, cereals, omletes, etc.. and all that is a buffet style - you choose your own stuff in any amount (can get pretty pricey)
4. WiFi speed was very good, no lags at all while watching movies from NetFlix or Amazon
5. Beach is really nice during the summer.

Cons:
1. Bed Bugs in room 503
2. Breakfast cost us around $50 + tips every morning for 2 adults and 2 children 4yo and 2 yo. with us just getting 2 little fruit salad plates, 2 plates with waffles (2 smal waffles per plate around 3" in diametr), 2 small cups of yogurt, 2 small cups of coffee and 1 cup or orange juice.
3. No play area or playground either indoor or outdoor for children.
4. Game room with bloken ping pong table and missing balls
5. Children yonger 16 yo cannot use whirlpool. This rule really shold be relaxed...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank tinafofa
Thank you for your recent review of the Sea Crest Beach Hotel. I was pleased to see that you found the staff to be warm and friendly, and our breakfast buffet satisfactory. I was very discouraged to see that you felt you encountered bed bugs. Rest assured that we do not have bed bugs. Upon learning that you suspected your room to be infected, our pest management company came in and did a thorough check. The report from your claim came back conclusively that there were no bed bugs found. I am happy to provide you with a copy of that report, which I quote below:

"Inspected Selected Areas. Room --- was inspected. No bed bugs were found."

We take great pride in our service levels, and our cleanliness. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of service to you personally. My cell number is 508-564-2551
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#8 of 20 in Falmouth
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!