“Had my wedding here. So disappointing!”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Boston, Massachusetts
“Had my wedding here. So disappointing!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had my wedding here in September and you can sure tell that the coordinators get paid off commission. I an writing about this 4 months later because I am still upset about how they handled myself and my guests at my wedding.
They will lie to you to get you to book the wedding and not follow though with any details.
First of all my husband and I were 27 and 26 at the time and we had 180 guests of all ages. The coordinator told us that we had to keep the noise down... IT WAS a WEDDING.. There is dancing and music and people enjoying themselves!!! And the coordinator Caitlin Concannon all but had a fit.
So the next morning I got a call from this coordinator to meet up in the lobby so, my husband and I went to meet with her on our first day as a married couple. She decided to tell us after our entire wedding was paid for and over and the contract signed that we Owed an addition $600 for our cake! Obviously we didn't pay it and we had no legal obligation since the contract clearly stated that we had already paid for the cake. Meanwhile they were storing the top part of our cake for us until we left. When we went to get it before we left, they said they could not find it anywhere. So very nice and professional of them to throw away our wedding cake that we were saving for our anniversary.
Those are just a couple of examples of how our wedding was handled so poorly but there are many more. But with that being said, the rest of the staff at Reds and the pool bar were great. The day after the wedding, the bar tenders treated us great and so did the hotel staff. Lindsay Tousingnant was great to work with also!
I highly recommend staying here for a night or 2 but do not have your wedding here! I paid over $30,000 on this venue alone (not to mention the hotel guests for our wedding and the money spent at the bats the next day) and they couldn't even make us feel special on our very special day :(

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank LRD9202013
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your disappointment with your wedding experience at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel. We pride ourselves on providing memorable experiences to all our guests, but most specifically to those who choose to start their married lives with us. I am deeply apologetic and would love to opportunity to welcome you back to the Sea Crest and to meet you personally. Please call me on my cell 508-564-2551 so we can arrange a time for you to come and make new, positive memories with us.

Clark Guinn
Regional Director of Operations
Scout Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Reviewed February 19, 2014

BED BUGS. Room 503 This was a second time I stayed at this hotel, because I really liked it the first time. I still liked it the second time except couple of things that made me give it lower rating. Biggest one is the BED BUGS!!! I didn't notice them before and the very last night of my stay I stayed up till 2 or 3 A.M. because I was watching movies on Netflix (by the way very speedy WiFi is a Plus) and I noticed 3 little bugs crawling away from me on the bed, I screamed and jumped, waiken up my husband, he squished them and left 3 bloody marks on the sheet of the bed.. NASTY!!! Until they get rid of them I will not be back...
FAMILY FRIENDLY??? So this was a second time we stayed there with our two kids 4 and 2 year olds. They claim to be family friendly, but really there is not much that kids can enjoy doing during cold winter months. They have a picture online of a club-house room for kids - NOT TRUE! it been closed out for 2 years now and kids cannot play in there. They do have a new game room in the pool building, but it is really for older teens and adults: there is ping pong table that is all broken, 2 arcade video game machines and that is it... There are no playgrounds at all; indoor or outdoor, kids under 16 years old are not allowed to use whirpool, water in the main pool and kiddie pool is very cool for yong kids - their lips turn purple after just 5 minutes of swiming in there..
So to summarise it up basically here are the Pros and CONs:
Pros:
1. Hotel service stuff was very police, pleasant and helpfull
2. Breakfast area is very nice
3. Breakfast variaty was very good: fruit salads, fruits baked goods, cereals, omletes, etc.. and all that is a buffet style - you choose your own stuff in any amount (can get pretty pricey)
4. WiFi speed was very good, no lags at all while watching movies from NetFlix or Amazon
5. Beach is really nice during the summer.

Cons:
1. Bed Bugs in room 503
2. Breakfast cost us around $50 + tips every morning for 2 adults and 2 children 4yo and 2 yo. with us just getting 2 little fruit salad plates, 2 plates with waffles (2 smal waffles per plate around 3" in diametr), 2 small cups of yogurt, 2 small cups of coffee and 1 cup or orange juice.
3. No play area or playground either indoor or outdoor for children.
4. Game room with bloken ping pong table and missing balls
5. Children yonger 16 yo cannot use whirlpool. This rule really shold be relaxed...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank tinafofa
Thank you for your recent review of the Sea Crest Beach Hotel. I was pleased to see that you found the staff to be warm and friendly, and our breakfast buffet satisfactory. I was very discouraged to see that you felt you encountered bed bugs. Rest assured that we do not have bed bugs. Upon learning that you suspected your room to be infected, our pest management company came in and did a thorough check. The report from your claim came back conclusively that there were no bed bugs found. I am happy to provide you with a copy of that report, which I quote below:

"Inspected Selected Areas. Room --- was inspected. No bed bugs were found."

We take great pride in our service levels, and our cleanliness. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of service to you personally. My cell number is 508-564-2551
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have been to this hotel 3 times. Twice in the fall once in the winter. We have had the same room each time. Its a nice clean room with a fireplace. The property is well kept and the staff is very friendly and helpful.We love down town Falmouth and the off season is really nice time to go to Cape Cod. This is nothing fancy,but feels like home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
West Wareham, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This place is a great place. It is super clean and a friendly staff. I highly recommend this place and a great location.Me and my wife was very happy with our stay.It is a great getaway for couples it is very romantic and right near the ocean.

Room Tip: The fireplace room was great but you dont get a oceanview.But we were very happy with our room anywa...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston... ish
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Checked in only hours ago - this after the Cape received record snow last night -and it already feels like vacation! Kind, informative staff, nicely appointed, spacious rooms... Pool is crowded but hey, it's school vacation week and my kid is totally enjoying the free pizza after running around the beach which is literally steps away. Snow covered beaches offer their own unique benefits!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LarsenWard
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 23, 2014

From the moment we checked in we knew this was going to be a great experience. An upgrade to a splendid king bed balcony room. Even in December the view of the ocean in the rain was beautiful. We took full advantage of the salt water pool and hot tub. When there be sure to check out Reds the Bar was a real experience. The service was so personal and attentive the food awesome, I recommend the mussels and calamari. And what compliments those dishes a Cape Codder or two. The brunch had a classic Cape feel with with the dining room windows bringing you onto the beach and the waves right there while you enjoy. Great stay a must destination.

Room Tip: Just ask for ocean. View there are plenty.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JohnZabjr
Arlington, MA
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Reception was very friendly and had pretty good information about directions, shopping and food.

Our corner room, which the receptionist said was the "best of the cheapest rooms," was fantastic. The bed was comfortable, the windows had two views of the beach, and there was plenty of room. There were almost enough outlets for our electronic devices. The housekeeping staff were unobtrusive and did a great job cleaning the room while we were gone.

We found this place through Hotwire and got an exceptional deal on a corner room with views of the ocean and a king bed. The bed was very comfortable, the rooms clean and quiet enough (There were several families on our floor and they tended to talk to each other in the hallway, which could have been a problem, except they were happy conversations and never chatted so we could hear them at night or in the evenings.)

The few drawbacks were: there were limited quiet places to talk on the phone outside the room.

There were several nice spaces, but they were occupied by families and groups. The air conditioner/heater tended to be a bit loud when it cycled. I didn't mind the white noise, but the on/off cycle was a bit distracting.

We felt it was terrific and an almost perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: If going for the cheaper rooms, try to get a room on a corner with at least one corner on the beach.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NikoHH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#8 of 20 in Falmouth
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!