Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$291
Mariner Motel(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$189
Inn on the Sound(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$319
Red Horse Inn - Falmouth(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$228
Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$179
Sands Of Time Motor Inn & Harbor House(Woods Hole)(Great Value!)
$309
Woods Hole Inn(Woods Hole)(Great Value!)
$379
Official Site
Treehouse Lodge(Woods Hole)(Great Value!)
$289
$277
Official Site
Green Harbor Waterfront Lodging(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$214
Hotwire.com
The Seaside Inn(Falmouth)
Priceline
1,031 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolsilver beachpoolside barcape codbeach staffbreakfast buffetocean frontchairs and umbrellasgreat beachoff seasonpool sidemain buildingprivate beachwedding guestsnew ownersking bedno elevator
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed here during Thanksgiving weekend.

The hotel itself is nice, very large space. The best part was the breakfast room. It overlooked the beach and was just a stunning view to sip coffee.

the room with the fireplace is nice, but slightly dated.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank malanks
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Keurig (sp) individual cup coffee maker is fine, the cups are not. I want real cups, especially after driving the distance to get there when I wanted to kick up my heels with a cup of coffee and peruse the schedule and maps. They had these miserable styro/paper/whatnot cups that just don't cut it for as nice place as this is. In addition, as in all hotels, they have the individual packets of sugar, coffeemate, and fake sugar with stirrod, one of each. Although I am trying to get off sugar, I wanted more than just one teaspoon in my coffee after my arrival, to get up more steam for the night to come. Anyway, this means one needs to forage through more than one packet, thereby throwing the other items out, which is not so bad as they are fake. In addition, my preferences are for brown sugar which is offered in most places now. Again, I am trying to get off all sugar, so this would have been a bigger issue if I were not.

The rooms are lovely, the mattresses comfy, the Queen Anne (?) chair perfect for perusing what to do and when. Upon arrival, I found the light over the chair was out. I called and it took 15 minutes to get a new bulb, not bad. But I was impatient and wanted it more quickly.

We had our New Year's Eve party there and what a spread! Apparently, this is one of THE places to go for a NYEve buffet and dance. The food was unbelievable, as were all the cakes, cupcakes and chocolate waffles with chocolate icecream and chocolate sauce, but with strawberries and blueberries to top it off. I ate that first (not off sugar yet), then went to the meats (huge side of roast beef and whole chickens) and sides (potatoes and such), then to the salads and fish dishes, and finally back to the desserts for the cakes and cupcakes. There were other platters of foods, such as an antipasto platter which I did not have. There is so much and there is no need to overdo it! At midnight, we each got a glass of champagne to toast each. (By the way, I thought the band was good, yet regulars complained about this band or felt this band was better than last year. No accounting for taste!)

This event cost $85 for the dinner, band and dance. Since I went with a group, I paid a total price for the hotel, the dinner/dance and the huge breakfast the next day of $269. They even had the chocolate waffles for breakfast, but I decided to protein it up with bacon and eggs only. Oh, and this time I got a coffee in a ceramic cup. All is well, that ends well.

P.S. I would add pictures if I knew how.

Room Tip: We had parking lot side rooms. I am sure that the price would have been more if we were on ocean side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carfash
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at the property in December on business. I enjoyed how peaceful it was. Despite the typical December weather, I enjoyed wandering on the beach. I recommend splurging on an ocean front/side/view room for the view of course and the soothing sound of the waves. I found my room to be very clean and nicely appointed. I stayed in a Sundeck room. The staff was very nice both at the front desk and in the restaurant. This is a great resort for on the Cape.

Room Tip: Any room facing the ocean is worth it as the hotel has its own private beach.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank all0verthemap
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

I’m so pleased to hear that you liked us enough to stay twice in one week. I am sorry that you thought our restaurant expensive, so opted not to dine. Believe me, our culinary staff does a terrific job.

The best part of your review for me was reading that you found our staff service minded. That makes me the most proud.

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to review us. Do come back soon!

Clark Guinn
Regional Director of Operations
Scout Hotels

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I liked this hotel a lot. Stayed here the first and second times this week. The room was large, light, recently redone, fireplace, entirely new bathroom, up-to-date plump bed, beach/ocean view from the bed. The exercise room and (3) indoor pools were fine. I didn't eat at the restaurant because I thought it was expensive, and there was just me. (Why two stays? Excellent rate during the week, except there was a conference one night in the middle.)

Looong walks on the west-facing (full-face sunsets) soft, white sand beach. And the water was crystal clear. ...OK, sweater and jacket, but there is a LOT to recommend a winter Cape beach walk. ...A big part of recommending this hotel in the winter.

Oh - the staff were very service-minded. And especially: As I was checking out, conference attendees were checking in, and the staff really worked as a team as people with variations on arrangements hit the usual conference speed-bumps as they checked in.

[NB: I gave room service, below, a "5" so as not to draw down my over all "5" rating, though I didn't use it.]

Room Tip: The 800 building has fireplaces.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Firewind
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The Sea Crest is one of my favorite spots on Cape Cod. My family and their friends started going there in the mid 70s and we always had a wonderful time. The beach there is soft and white and cleaned daily by the staff, and the water is usually warmer than on the Atlantic side. We stayed there when visiting our families and watched its steady decline. Finally, as put four years ago, when we were there, we said never again. The place was moldy, the rooms in deplorable condition, and in general, had gone "to the dogs." Last year, we read that the hotel had been redecorated and was under new ownership. We went back and were totally impressed with the new decor, furniture, carpets, lobby, dining rooms, and coffee shop: an astounding transformation.
We were there last summer and the staff was wonderful. Plenty of umbrellas, towels, seaside games and service, plus music in the afternoon. We had a wonderful time and told our friends and relatives. In October, the hotel was booked! Two weddings and parties galore. We were there for a 100th birthday party a few miles away, so my brother-in-law and wife booked too. They had such a nice time and saw how child friendly the place is, that they're going to bring their family and grandchildren next summer. Food was good, some of the nicest wait staff ever!

Room Tip: We prefer ocean front or ocean view rooms. There are no elevators in the building over the indoor pool, and other separate buildings. If you need accommodations, stay in the main building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family