“Sea Crest. Lovely staff and nice location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Midweek 20% off Savings
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
London
“Sea Crest. Lovely staff and nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have just returned from a 5 day stay at the Sea Crest. We went via Trailfinders so did not know what to expect. We arrived at night so the drive there was a little challenging in the dark roads, but we found it, more by luck than judgement and seeing a sign to the Old Silver Beach. The outside pools were shut as it was out of season and we were really there for the ''fall" and to see New England anyway. The hotel is modern in places, and dated in others. The lift to the 3rd floor you always had your fingers crossed it was going to make it, which it always did! The room was clean and great views. The bed could of been a bit bigger for 2 adults. Coming from a KKing size to what felt like a normal double was hard to get used to! The indoor pool was well kept and very warm. The biggest asset this hotel has is its staff. Everyone was so friendly and went out there way to advise and help. A big thanks to Ashlee who really went the extra mile every morning, even ringing her mum to ask for best places near her to see foliage for us! Reds restaurant did nice food, but the beer was very expensive. $7.50 for a pint of Stella?? Overall I enjoyed my stay here and would like to go back in the summer when the beach and outside pool were an option. You would definitely need a car if you stay here, and it does get busy if there is a conference or wedding going on which we experienced on 2 days.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was quiet and away from the lift.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dtpesca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
MrsBGray
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the end of September 27/28 for a race I ran which started and ended at this hotel.

Check in was quick and easy, parking was ample and plenty. First thing I noticed was the odor of sewage in the lobby and outside. Hotel is cute and appeared to be updated not to long ago. Some areas of the hotel appear newer than others.

My room was on the 3rd floor - king room. Room was spacious. King bed, desk, Coffee station on table, mini-fridge, chair, flat screen TV, and bathroom. My room overlooked the roof of another part of the hotel (I didn't have a ocean view room when I booked). The bed was not very comfortable...Not sure why the room didn't have a new bed if everything in room was updated. The toiletries were bath and body works. I had no issues in my room it was clean and quite.

I'm not a fan of beaches in New England..I travel to the Caribbean to go swimming in the sea. I have to say I was pleasantly shocked when I walked out to the beach area. The water was clear to my surprise! Beautiful in fact. The sand was soft ...soft powdery sand! The private beach alone is worth staying here. The hotel has a outdoor deck and bar are which abuts the outdoor pool. The hotel has a indoor pool as well...Very nice.

We had dinner at Reds which overlooked the ocean...it was good. The service was slow but the waitstaff was very polite and friendly. We had breakfast in the banquet room across from Reds. It was a buffet breakfast. It had a omelette station and Belgian waffle station. Breakfast was very good.

The hotel had a small gift shop and had a little cafe to get coffee, bagels, cereal, etc.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely! Despite the smell ..I heard people talking about it saying it was because of the time of year...you can't smell it in the room or restaurants or out on beach. It was only in the lobby and out front. The beach was gorgeous and I can't wait to go in the summer next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrsBGray
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Room was clean and comfortable. The resort is on a very pleasant stretch of beach. Dinner at Reds, overlooking the ocean and a perfect sunset, but the space was chilly! Would stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gill W
Lincoln
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Attended a wedding and stayed overnight. We had an ocean view room-not very big, but we had had one of the most scenic views that we've experienced in the Falmouth area of Cape Cod. Also a nice deck which overlooked the pool and the beach. Wonderful, classy and caring staff made our stay very enjoyable. Our only real issue was the heater in the room. Every time it came on, it was so noisy that it woke my wife and I several times during the night. The food was fantastic, though pricey. We, however, didn't mind paying a little more because the food and service were excellent. Prices are fairly steep, but what a great spot to hide for a weekend or just a relaxing getaway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Norm C
Sarnia, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Sea Crest Beach Hotel cannot be adequately described and pictures don't do it justice. We just returned from celebrating our anniversary at Sea Crest. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our anniversary was memorable. The rooms were clean. The bed was comfortable. The food was great. And the view was incredible! We stayed in a room overlooking the outdoor pool and the ocean in the Impala building. We fell asleep and woke up to the sound of the ocean. It was so calming and relaxing. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. We enjoy travelling off season to avoid the crowds and will return to Sea Crest again, hopefully for our next anniversary. Some of the dining areas were closed for the season, but that was not unexpected. The wait staff were helpful and very friendly. We felt that we were welcome there and were made to feel so comfortable. Whether we were dining at Red's or in the breakfast room, we were never more than a few feet from the ocean. The pictures on the website don't show how large this resort is, but you feel like you are staying at a small, intimate hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a beach getaway!

Room Tip: Get an ocean view or ocean front room. It's worth the extra money!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Hi there!

Forgive my delay in addressing your recent trip advisor review, for which we thank you for taking the time to complete. I’m thrilled that everyone took good care of you over your anniversary weekend. Make the trip an annual! Look for updates to our website soon…we agree that it doesn’t adequately represent us.

Happy Holidays!

Clark Guinn
Regional Director of Operations
Scout Hotels
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

If you want low key, with great sunsets, beach, privacy and superb hospitality head to the Seacrest Inn in September or anytime it suits you!
Went to a beachside wedding there with family and friends!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith K
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at this resort a few times over the past two months. I found it to be very modern and clean. I did stay one time in the king size bed/ fireplace room and found it to be a little more dated than the solely king size bed rooms. The beds were very soft. Very comfortable. The complimentary bath products are of higher quality as well as the coffee/tea products provided in your room. My only complaint was the breakfast experience. I got there at 15 min prior to closing and was told that I was free to have a seat and enjoy the continental buffet mind I didn't care that they would be configuring the dining room around me to accommodate a large party very soon. Two things... No more than 3 minutes after I arrived, the woman who appeared in charge, gave the same spiel to the next arrivals but, told them they were free to make up plates to go and accompanying coffees at no charge. Which they did. Not only was I charged full price but they started disassembling the food area before I could even go up and get more milk for my cereal. Everything else was darn near perfect and I would return.

Room Tip: Stick to the king size bed rooms instead of the ones with the fireplace for I feel they're a bit...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Blue Water on the Ocean
#4 of 21 in South Yarmouth
4.0 of 5 stars 510 reviews
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!