“Beautiful views, good for conferences”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Beautiful views, good for conferences”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property for a 2 day business meeting and found it clean, comfortable and pleasant. Highlights included :

balconies off of each hotel room which offered spectacular ocean views and easy and

convenient check in (pre registered) and check out.

The conference rooms were frequently refreshed and the banquet staff was friendly but non intrusive. The only complaint that I overheard from colleagues was that they struggled a bit with wifi service. I personally didn't experience this issue. Also, the indoor pool & fitness facility looked great, but I didn't get to use it. It seems that this hotel does a lot of conference business and I'd definitely recommend it for that purpose .

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank LB02111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Boston, MA
Reviewed September 17, 2013

To be clear, I have reasonably low expectations of your average Cape motel but the Sea Crest has been surprisingly nice:

The Good:
-Clean and good in-room amenities
-friendly staff
-more than you'd expect for an average motel on the Cape
-updated rooms with comfy bed
-updated decor
-Good food, excellent catering (here for a corporate event)

The Not as Good:
-surprisingly, not much but be warned that the layout and structure of the place is your average motel format--rooms along a U-shape overlooking a pool/ocean setting. If you're looking for a different setting, you won't find it here. However, the Sea Crest does a ton to make you forget that you're in a motel setting and should be commended for bringing the amenities and poshness of a hotel to a motel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kate F
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were guests at a wedding at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel this last weekend, and knew nothing about the hotel. I booked the room when I received the 'save the date' before the invitation and really didn't think much about it again for 8 months! I received a nice email reminder the week before our arrival - which was a nice touch, as again, I hadn't looked at my reservation since I had made it. The place seemed very large when we pulled in, and at first confusing, but the staff was ever so helpful and our room! WOW! View facing the ocean straight on! SPECTACULAR! Room was very clean and furniture/bedding very nice. We are 2 children 2 adults, so the two beds were good, but they were full size and not queen - - might have been good to ask if we wanted a rollaway for one child - but we did do fine. The refrigerator was great to have and the balcony was beautiful.
We enjoyed our pool side dinner the first night, and enjoyed the beach and pools before the 4:30 pm wedding. It was so nice to be so close to everything. We went to the breakfast buffet and felt like we were really at a special resturant. Everything was great and quite reasonably priced. We had lunch pool side and truly enjoyed the bartenders/servers ( I think steve and owen) they were fun, patient and great at their jobs. The mojitos were superb. Again, pricing was really fair. The wedding was on site and the reception and dinner were fantastic. The food at the wedding was truly delicious ( I don't say that often for wedding food, or banquet food) While we were at the wedding we had a babysitter take care of our children ( hotel does not provide babysitter names, I got ours off of sitter city) and the sitter and children had dinner at reds, and went to a movie set up for kids. The sitter was having as much fun as the kids! We wanted to get a late check out, but someone was booked for our room - instead the staff welcomed us to stay and helped us store our beach things - and encouraged us to use changing rooms and showers by pool. We again had another poolside lunch and were pleased.

I can't wait to figure out when we can go back - unfortunately it won't be until next summer -but if I lived closer, I'd certainly go anytime.

For the ratings - I can't comment on room service or the spa, but everything else gets the highest rating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelDaisy1
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a couple of drinks at the bar and tried their Clam Chowder; this was the best we had on our 8 day trip of the New England Coast. This got our attention and we proceeded to the restaurant for Dinner. We enjoyed Steamers for an appetizer. . The main course I eat seared Scallops and my Wife had a tender Filet over mashed potatoes and asparagus. We topped the dinner of with a lemon tart and fruit.
This was truly the best meal on our trip.

1 Thank Chris C
Long Valley, New Jersey
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Upon arrival, this place looked like an overpacked resort, but once we parked and entered I was pleasantly surprised that there were not crowds of people everywhere! There is so much space between the indoor and outdoor pools and the beach and the large common areas that it was never crowded anywhere. The room was average, but clean, which matters more than extra space to me. There is lots to do for the kids, craft hour, movies at night, and the beach of course, where the employees are very helpful in pulling out chairs and umbrellas for you...the restaurant there was ok and very convenient. Overall I'd say its great to to with kids...I would certainly return and recommend to friends.

• Stayed August 2013
New York
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Most importantly, this is a great place to watch the sunset. We went the week after labor day so it wasn't crowded, but it was still lively and very few kids. The sand is soft, the water is clear, the attendants at the beach setting up umbrellas and chairs were awesome, the bartender at the outside bar was super friendly, the outside seating area was really nice, the complimentary breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We stayed in bldg. 3 in one of the rooms on the side of the building so we had a decent ocean view. A couple of things worth mentioning: the balconies on the side of the bldgs. have almost no barrier between them, so if you're not crazy about your neighbors... well, what can I say. The more expensive ocean front rooms have a wall between balconies. We didn't make advance reservations b/c they didn't seem too booked, but I researched prices and specials on the hotel website before we got there so I knew we were eligible for a specific deal but the girl at the front desk didn't know about it til I told her and she seemed surprised when she found it on her computer. She wasn't very forthcoming with information compared to other employees I overheard speaking with customers. The deal we were supposed to get included complimentary breakfast and taxes. I had to go back to the desk in the morning to see how the free breakfast worked and she said oh, I forgot to give you a card when you checked in. When we got our bill we were charged tax, but actually I was pretty happy with the place and didn't feel like nitpicking the extra charge. So, word of advice, know what you are supposed to be paying before you check in. The room had everything we needed, including a nice little kitchen type counter over the fridge. The balcony had cigarette butts and old coffee when we arrived, but the room was very clean and comfortable. We would definitely go back.

Massapequa Park, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The resort was great and the staff was excellent, especially Tracy! The Asst. Resturant Manager.The food at reds was good, and the service was as well.The room was very clean and we couldnt have asked for more. We stayed at hotel on Sept 4th 5th and 6th. This was a good time of year to go as crouds are gone but hotel is still well staffed and stocked. We will be back.

Room Tip: rooms on north side are quieter