“King Room with Fireplace Room 815 on 4/16/2012”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The room was larger than most hotel rooms; the bathroom was roomy as well and had a double sink. We did not feel cramped and the room seemed clean and updated. Fireplace did not work, someone had to come and turn it on and we had to leave it on, once we shut it off, it never turned back on. The pull out couch looked new, but no bedding was provided, had to call for bedding. Both times service (fireplace & bedding) was quick and friendly. The hotel was under construction, so the indoor pool and hot tub were closed and part of our stay the bathrooms were under construction so while we played on the beach we had to go to the other side of the hotel to use the bathroom. We ate at Reds, the items on the menu are bit overpriced. Of season, they were only serving breakfast; an omelet with a handful of home fires that were over cooked and two strips of bacon was 10 dollars. Overall it was a nice place, and I would stay there again, but I would not eat at Reds again because the food was just ok for the prices they were charging. All of the staff was friendly, the beach was somewhat clean and the board walk had broken boards. Like I said, they were under construction, so we did not expect perfection, but we did expect to use the indoor pool and spa and were disappointed when we got there to find out it was closed. We feel they should have told over the phone when we called to make a reservation.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I was disappointed with the renovations at the Sea Crest. We couldn't see the ocean from the lobby and had to be directed down a dingy hallway to the restaurant and bar for a drink. It was not obvious where the restaurant was located. The room for our ballroom dance event was uninspiring - low ceilings, no windows. Most disappointing was the buffet style meal. We had heard that the Sea Crest had a new chef who wanted to focus on catered events. This meal was at best mediocre - overcooked salmon and chicken, mashed potatoes, mesclun greens mercifully with plenty of feta, apple crisp. What a shame!

Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Mestephen
CLARK-K6, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your recent comments about your stay at the Sea Crest in April. We appreciate any and all constructive feedback.

I have reviewed your comments regarding the meeting room and meal at the Sea Crest with our Director of Food and Beverage and our Chef. The function space was assigned based on the size of the group and need for a large dance floor. Our Chef personally checked on the event through out the evening, and received positive feedback from several attendees that night.
We are very pleased that we have completed our renovations and hope that you will return to experience the finished product and allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to quality food and beverage and service.

Clark Guinn

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Seriously, we will just keep coming back because of the serious attention the staff puts into making sure the guest is enjoying their stay. I have had the pleasure of talking with the manager Clark many times, and suffice to say he is very proud of the staff he has assembled at Sea Crest - and well he should be! Clark is a very nice gentleman who himself will go out of his way to assist the guest, so it is easy to see that he leads by example.
Our stay this time: First impressions. Upon arrival I was greeted by Mike at the front desk and explained to him that our 1 year old Son had been having a hard time making it through the night without a few crying outbursts lately, and as a courtesy to any guests on either side of us I was hoping to get an end unit (thus only one guest might be bothered), or a room that had no one on either side. I already knew there was a big event planned that Saturday night, so I didn't expect miracles, but Mike very cordially invited us into a complete upgrade to a fireplace king suite that was an end unit with no one next door.....now, how perfect was that! Just brilliant, and kudos to Mike. I asked him what the procedure was to use the pool at Holiday Inn (since Sea Crest's pool/workout area is undergoing serious renovations - re-open again May 15), and he handed me a card that allowed us to show up over there and get towels and use the pool. Overall, a fantastic and VERY fast check-in procedure.
I love the prime rib over at Jay Miller's place (Courtyard), so we decided to have dinner over there with my Cousins but I will say we were curious to see if the menu at Red's was still as good as the last time. Well, we didn't have to wait long to get our answer. We started the day off with the fabulous Sunday buffet in the main dining room. Great omellette and waffle stations served by very friendly cooks. There really is everything you could hope to find in a buffet, although I will say that it is a little steep at $18/person when there is no carving station or champagne - doesn't bother me, but as a reviewer I felt it worth a mention. Our waitress, Sierra, was fantastic, and it is not the first time she has been great for us. We then got out and about to enjoy the sunny but chilly 50 degree day. At 3 pm we decided lunch was in order and called over my Cousins to join us for lunch at Red's - and here is where the fun started. We literally sat in that restaurant/bar from 3 pm to 10 pm (close), just talking and hanging out with the staff and having a great time. The food was great starting with the scallops and going to the sandwiches we had for lunch, they even made chicken fingers that weren't on the menu out of season for our Son - - - dinner was great too!! We started off with the bartender Ryan, who I remembered (and he remembered me as well) from the first time we were at Sea Crest with the new ownership and he had helped me carrying drinks up to the room. Great guy. Then Tom, the new bartender came on, and we got inventive and started making new drink recipes (ok, old ones, but pretty exotic stuff like a Bermuda Rum Swizzle!). Lots of fun. I had a nice chat with Michael the restaurant manager who was a great guy as well, and even our old friend the waitress Laurie stopped by to say hi. It just felt like we were hanging out with friends and relatives, that is the atmosphere that Sea Crest instills - a true vacation!
Bottom-line, when you need to relax and be pampered a bit on vacation, as well as being treated like part of the family, make sure that you consider Sea Crest, we always will!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank CdrMcBragg
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The view of the ocean and sunsets are breathtaking. The room was modern and comfortable and the ocean view was lovely. The renovation seems to be wrapping up in the indoor pool area - will be interesting to see how it turns out. The restaurant was very nice and the service good. Other reviews complained about the prices but coming from Boston, I found them reasonable. All of the staff were warm and responsive. Even though it was "off season", it was full of activity and we were greeted everywhere by the staff and offered help.

I can't imagine a more beautiful sunset than the one we watched from the restaurant's huge windows. The cod was so fresh and flakey - delicious!

We will definitely return "in season" for the full Cape beach experience.

A number of other reviews mentioned that the rooms were too small for families - I don't see it but we weren't here to "hang out" in our room.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank NEHotelie
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I planned our company Clam-b-que at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth, MA last year site unseen. I'd "googled" in "clambake in Cape Cod" and found them in the results. Everything I did was over the phone or via email. I dealt with Lara and Sharon and I can tell you that they are the reason that I'm planning this year's event there too! Capable, helpful and knowledgeable; these women certainly know how to get things done. You can depend on them making it the best experience for your event and/or stay. The rooms were delightful and airy, and our employees were all near each other (making it convenient to sit outside in the courtyard and relax, chat and mingle). The food was FAB (from appetizers, entrees and desserts) and I'm currently planning this year's menu (can't WAIT to have the homemade warm tortilla chips...it was "love at first bite!"). I planned manager's meetings/brunch, a corporate meeting with audio/visual and and executive meeting with breakfast...and I can honestly say, everything went as planned. The staff are all accommodating and friendly too. This is a kid-friendly environment if you're looking for a weekend getaway. It's fun for just couples or a girl's weekend retreat. The hotel is right on the beach and the lounges are comfortable and trendy. Food, entertainment and atmosphere---the Sea Crest Beach Hotel is the trifecta of a perfect getaway!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Just stayed at the Sea Crest for a conference and was impressed by the renovations. The rooms look great and had a convenient bar area with fridge, which was very helpful to bring my own snacks/drinks. The pool isn't finished yet, but if they do as good a job as the rest of the renovations, I think this place will be fantastic.

Only complaint was the sheets and towels had a few questionable marks, which is unfortunate given that they are probably brand-new with the renovations. Hopefully, they've invested in a good washing machine to keep up with their new look.

One word of warning to fellow conference attendees, be sure to bring a sweater. The conference rooms were freezing!

Room Tip: Buildings 3 & 4 have extremely easy access to the beach