“The place for all locations”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed at the hotel because of a friend's wedding.
What a gorgeous place and fantastic view. We felt like beeing in a real movie scenery.
The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable.
B'fast was a bit pricey but loads of great dinners close by as alternative.
Very good bar food.
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed November 23, 2011

We recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Sea Crest Hotel, and what a fantastic time we had, including all of our guests as well. Many of our guests were flying in from overseas and all parts of the country so most people booked a three night stay at the hotel. The setting of the hotel is absolutely gorgeous with the beach and ocean right on your doorstep, which already sets the mood for a very relaxing stay and atmosphere.

The ceremony was held out in the lovely courtyard area, where I believe many wedding ceremonies now are held. Although it was a bit windy on the wedding day, the sun and ocean in the backdrop was amazing, and having our pictures out on the beach was great fun. The food during the wedding was delicious according to all of our guests so hats off to the Head Chef and his team. The Banqueting Team and servers were also very professional and friendly to everyone. The newly renovated dining room where the wedding reception was held has excellent views of the beach, with a nice area for a cocktail reception as well.

The Red's Bar is a casual, great place to have drinks and good food as well, and this is where many of our guests hung out during the course of the weekend. The Front Desk Team were all very friendly and nothing was too much to ask of them, even assisting with flight check-ins.

Most of the rooms are newly renovated with modern furniture and bright, airy colors on the walls/carpets. The Oceanfront Rooms have wonderful balconies and views of the ocean.The Suites are fantastic as well with plenty of room to host a small gathering.

Overall, we could not really fault anything with the hotel and are so glad we chose to have our wedding there. We have heard that there are more renovations to be completed in the next few months, including a new indoor pool area and spa rooms so that is nice to hear.

Would recommend this hotel to host a wedding reception to anyone looking to have a fun and relaxed wedding in the Cape!

Looking forward to visiting again in the future, and so are many of our guests.

Thank you to the Sea Crest for an amazing time!

Room Tip: Ocean Front Rooms are excellent with fantastic balconies and views.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crazytravel31
CLARK-K6, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

I am so very happy to read your review. Thank you for taking the time to share how pleased you were.

My entire team makes me proud, but I'm thrilled that you found Banquets and Catering, as well as our Executive Chef, to be completely on target!

All the best to you...and by the way, the Sea Crest is PERFECT for Anniversary parties and family reunions...so come back, same time next year. We'll be waiting for you!

Clark Guinn

Reviewed November 17, 2011

This our 4th time at the Sea Crest this Summer (ok, it's now late Fall) and this place is a true gem. I can tell everyone from 1st hand knowledge that the old Sea Crest was worthy of the negative remarks it received, but this new and VASTLY improved Sea Crest has the look and feel of a Caribbean resort. Inside/outside heated pools (outside is salt water), amazing outside pool bar, outdoor food order window, gorgeous beach, outstanding bar and grill inside (Red's) and a two different rooms offering sea view dining. The rooms are just gorgeously appointed with fridges, coffee maker, flat screen tvs, and amazing views. You just can't go wrong with this hotel. The accommodations are one thing, but really stands out to my Wife and I are both the helpfulness/professionalism of the staff and the quality of the food. The front desk people are very well trained and extremely helpful. The housekeeping staff helped us out greatly by bringing us up a pack and play for our 8 month old Son as quickly as we asked. Very nice people indeed. As for the food, it is GREAT. This stay, at Red's, we started out with a bunch of appetizers - shrimp cocktail, calamari (5*), and the clam chowder (another 5*). From there we had a couple of wedge salads, the steak frites, and my Cousin who joined us had the 'Big Red' that was the biggest hot dog I have ever seen. Our waitress, Laurie, turned out to be the same girl we had when we were here over July 4th. We had so much fun sharing laughs with her back then and again this time, very outgoing personality and a great waitress. My Cousin who lives 2 minutes away from Sea Crest said that even the locals are abandoning some of their regular restaurants (Chappaqouit, Courtyard, etc..) to come in for dinner and drinks at Red's, which obviously says that they are doing the right things to make Sea Crest as popular as it is becoming. Last, but not least, the main person in charge of making this all work at Sea Crest is Clark. This is one hard working and dedicated guy!! He personally came over to us each time we came here this Summer to see how everything was going. Not only that, but when he found out that our friends were here for their anniversary, he sent complimentary wine and cheese up to their room. Just a fantastic guy who has his staff all on the same page in making the guest feel like they are truly valued. As I told Clark, with number 2 baby on the way, all of our trips in the near future will be local (ok, we are about 2 hours away) and Sea Crest will be in the majority of our plans!! Sea Crest is HIGHLY recommended!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CdrMcBragg
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This hotel needs a multi-millon dollar renovation. I stayed in the main building so I don't know about the other areas. Perhaps that's why the reviews are either great or bad. The staff was average. The only positives I can offer are the location and the restaurant/bar.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the main building.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ScrewBeeDo
CLARK-K6, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that our recent improvements were not evident to you...we are beginning our third phase of renovations now and are very excited about the upcoming changes.

What is most concerning to me is your comment about the staff being "average." We spend a lot of time and resources when selecting and training our staff, so I'm disappointed that your experience was less than inspiring.

I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future. I wholeheartedly believe in the Sea Crest Beach Hotel, and the service we are trained to provide. Please do come back!

Reviewed November 2, 2011

This hotel was a nice surprise at the end of our Boston/Cape Cod vacation. The front desk staff moved us into a king room at my request. This was a great room, with a fabulous view of the ocean! The room was just as pictured on website and the ocean view was better!!! Bed was comfortable and room was clean. This location is an easy drive to the Main st. area of Falmouth which was where we were meeting friends and running the marathon. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: The beach view is worth the extra $$
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a two night getaway. The locations is fabulous....the beach is just gorgeous and peaceful. We stayed in August so we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the beach.
The food and service at the outside bar were great.
We checked into our room but soon noticed that there were some problems with things not working right. The employee from maintenance promptly reported to our room and tried his best to fix what was wrong. When this could not be accomplished, we were moved to a different room. Although we had to pack up our stuff and move everything during a downpour, we were relocated to a room that was nicer so it made the effort worth it.
I found all of the staff to be helpful and accommodating. I would stay here again if we are lucky enough to get another getaway!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2011

How Would You Rate Your Overall Experience?
Highly dissapointing, will never recommend the hotel to another person, so upset that I recommended that my wedding guests stay here.

Value For Price
Spiders in the room, awful male stain on cushion, BLOOD stain on sheets, burn holes in bed runner, various objects under the bed that were not from us. You tell me if over $200 a night is worth it.

Housekeeping
First, when we called to let housekeeping know of the large and horrible dried up blood on our sheets, and asked that they please let themselves in and excuse themselves when they were done, as we wanted to go and spend time with friends who were located in another building(which was very upsetting as well), they said they would not do this that they did not have a master key? Then, when the woman came to change the sheets she proceeded to tell us that "this happens" No it does not nor should it EVER. Having my phone stolen was the topper, thanks a lot, the phone was found on whoever stole it, so, Mr.Guinn you may want to dig a little deeper for a guest who claims they have had something stolen from one of your rooms instead of trying to fight the guest who simply wants the matter resolved in the most fair way possible, hanging up on a client who brought your hotel great revenue for that weekend, hugely unprofessional and completely uncalled for, you should rethink that action in the future. Thank you SO SO much though, to the employee who actually resolved the matter and found my phone, it means a lot although we already had paid for a new one it is nice to know that this person cares and not only works hard, but does not stop until the matter is resolved, at least someone at the hotel does.

Special Event/Corporate/Wedding
Our brunch was amazing, the staff was wonderful and they worked so hard to keep everyone happy. Thank you so much for that!

Reds
Matt was our server there and he was amazing so nice, a pleasure to talk to and all around very happy. The deck part where we ate was so pleasant the view was wonderful and we were very pleased with the food.

Reds Poolside Bar
We did have drinks by the indoor pool, it was very nice and they didn't give us any grief about bringing them to another part of the pool which was nice.

Staff Sense of Urgency to Fulfill Your Requests
I have worked in hotels for three years. I have never once complained at a hotel or anything because when/if a guest has an issue, this is usually where a hotel will give themselves a chance to redeem and give the client a sense that whatever has happened should never happen, has never happened before, and show how much they care and prove their loyalty to the customer. The things that we found, we were not even trying to look for which is the saddest part and the part that should be looked into thoroughly. But beyond that, this hotel showed no sympathy didn't care that it was our wedding night and a mini honeymoon for us, and had no problem with putting in no effort to their work, and cares so little that they steal from hotel guests, how can that be okay? Take responsibility and pride in what you do, you see a stain on bed sheets? Change them out! It takes no time at all and the guest can see over other minor things.

Pool
Indoor pool area is awful, I am not sure how a hotel could open that pool for service and think it is okay. "Sauna and steam room" blocked off by ply wood, come on, spend the extra money and AT LEAST have a nice door, that is locked, put in so it looks presentable. I was asked how anyone could take a shower in the bathroom to which I had to reply, "you don't have that option because the shower door is screwed shut" but even if you did it looked as if it had not been cleaned since the day they cheaply screwed it shut, with bottles of shampoo on the floor along with hair. The downstairs bathroom was unbelievable, rust stains around the toilet and supplies in it, where are we a gas station? I did step into the hot tub but not without a drink in me first, no money could be put there huh? Not even a quick paint job just to try and hide the dirt marks around it? To top it off, when we came downstairs from getting into our bathing suits(while changing we didn’t dare shut the door to the ladies locker room because it was held open by a street cone and we did not want to get stuck in there, therefore while changing someone walked in on us, not a problem we are all girls but I'm sure they didn't want to see it, so thanks for that and my apology to the girl who walked in on us)there was a PCB pipe going from a hole in the ground to the pool filling it up I guess, as we are walking next to it what happens? it comes flying out landing in the pool and spraying water everywhere scaring the crap out of us, we don't care about the freezing cold water or getting wet, it was the staffs response basically with a laugh making fun of us because we screamed, thanks again for caring. And then, did he put a caution wet sign down or even sweep up any of the water flooding that area? nope. It's the little things that count.

Were your accommodations what you expected based on information you received when you made your reservations
No, I was told that my husband and I would be put on the same floor and near our other younger guests I gave our sales manager a list with names and astericks next to the ones we preferred to be next to so that it would be easy for us to have fun and be together. We were put next to ONE other room with two OLDER guests staying in it which was funny to me because I was told they could not be linked to our reservation, and yet you put us next them? We never get to see our friends and family THIS was our time to do that, spend time with them after the wedding and hang out, which was my main point of having all of us close together so that we could walk to different rooms say Hi and hang out a little and whatnot without having to go to a different building or even floor and so that we wouldn't bother anyone. She was great overall but that one little thing that I made it a point to go the extra step and make sure she had all the names of who we wanted to be next to and then not being next to ONE of them, really upset us a lot.

What can we do to make your next stay an even greater pleasure?
It was never a great pleasure or much of a pleasure at all, we will never stay here again, we are going to a wedding at the hotel next year, however, unfortunately we will without doubt pay for the cab ride home and again miss out on the opportunity to spend extra time with our close family and friends who will be attending the wedding. Hopefully, Mr. Guinn if ANYTHING happens during their stay you are kind enough to at least no accuse them of lying and just take care of the matter in a fair and civil way.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Stephanie E
CLARK-K6, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Thank you for your candid review of your personal experience at the Sea Crest recently. I’m disappointed that you felt it necessary to write such a long and gratuitously negative review of the hotel, even after our staff made several attempts to assist you and enhance your stay (even picking up the charges for your room). I’m glad that you had a positive experience with our catering and event staff, and that you enjoyed Matt and your experience at Red’s.

With regard to grouping your guests near each other…every attempt would be made to do so; I’m sure you understand, having worked in the business, that a request is a request. I’m sorry we were unable to honor your request. From my understanding, your room was upgraded. Due to our sold out status, we would not be able to upgrade everyone.

I’m happy to say that our indoor pool area will be renovated starting November 6. We are adding a spa treatment area and doing quite a bit of work in and around the pool, including working on the heater.

I’m sorry that you didn’t find it necessary to remark on the fact that as a gesture of good faith, we sent you a check to replace your phone…and then you found the phone. My employees are vetted and are integral team members… Accusations of theft are very serious matters and are not taken lightly, as something like a theft accusation, especially if unfounded (as in this case), could be quite damaging to an individual’s career.

I hope that you are the type of friends who will allow your friends coming to the hotel, who have booked with us on good faith, the opportunity to make their own memories, and develop their own opinions. It would be sad if you were to make them feel poorly for selecting us. We will do everything in our power to ensure that your friends (and their friends and family) have an experience that is enjoyable, memorable and most definitely not at all similar to yours.

Whether you choose to stay with us next year or not, please know that I welcome the opportunity to demonstrate to you that I do care about each and every guest, including you. Let me know if you plan on returning.

Kind Regards,

Clark Guinn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
#1 of 3 in Vineyard Haven
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!