“Great place to vacation - lucked out with the weather”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Metro Boston
“Great place to vacation - lucked out with the weather”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

This resort hotel was recently renovated for around $10 Million and it shows. It's very tastefully designed and decorated. It's right on Old Silver Beach having clean, soft, fine sandy beach with clear water. There is a refrigerator in the room for convenience but no freezer.
Shanon and Mikaela at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful.
Many of the staff are from Eastern European countries and are very pleasant and helpful, always a smile on their faces.
See many PHOTOS and more comments at:

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

The location alone would bring me back...but the newly renovated Sea Crest offers fabulous accommodations...it was hard to leave the beach front bar to go in for dinner...but the food at Reds while we watched the Ocean was outstanding! Pribably the best baked Oysters I have ever had. Jeff the Chef has done it up right!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Jdn45220
Oxford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

We had stayed at Sea Crest years ago with family and watched the service and hotel fall into disrepair. So when we found out that Sea Crest was getting a facelift we were very excited to give it another try. My husband and I traveled with our two young children and my parents and were not disappointed. The rooms are beautiful and the service is phenomenal. One night at about 7pm my husband wanted to get an ice cream when he asked the front desk if there was any place he could get one she immediately went into the kitchen and came back with treats for everyone (at no charge). A different day it was raining in the morning so we were trying to decide what to do. The hotel had crafts for the kids in the indoor pool area that kept everyone entertained until the sun came out. That same night they showed "Nemo" at the pool on a big screen. We barely spent any time in our room. We no longer live in New England so this was a wonderful getaway to remind us why we love the Cape. Thanks for making this a wonderful trip. We will be back next year!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CLARK-K6, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
It makes me happy to see reviews such as yours, so thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I want the staff to feel empowered to take care of our guests, so to hear that your husband’s sweet craving was handled so graciously makes me proud.

I await your return next year!

Clark Guinn
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had reviewed the Seacrest last year, and gave it favorable marks largely due to location (fantastic beach), convienience (access to the beach without parking/driving), and the fact that it is a uniquely Cape Cod resort. I stand by all of this, but now with the improvements to the hotel complete, I felt compelled to follow up with a few new notes.

Although I travel frequently, and have been to the Seacrest a number of times over the last 10+ years, the most notable improvement is the overall service we received from the entire staff. I can't always say in the past that the attention to the customer service was this good, but it would be notable for almost any hotel to do as well as the Seacrest staff did during our recent visit. The bartenders and waitstaff get extremely high marks, but everyone else was certainly attentive and warm without being intrusive. The weekend we visited was very busy, and beach chairs were at a premium. It appeared that management went to a local store and bought more just to accomodate guests at some point during the day. Wow. They could have just apologized for running out, but they actively did something about it...that really struck me. The rennovations, especially the pool area, outdoor bar, and restaraunt, came out quite well.

Of course, there is always room for improvement (the rough surface in the outdoor pool steps, the pool gates that close a bit loudly, some interior hallways in the main building that look untouched) that other reviews touched on - and management responded to - so I won't revisit those topics here. I would add that we likely would have eaten at Red's more if the evening menu was a bit more expansive...but again, it is a huge improvement over the last few years. Also, having servers taking drink orders from the beach would have been a big plus...this was notably missing from the days of the "old" Seacrest.

At the end of the day, the beach trumps all. There are few places on the Cape where you can find a beach as nice as Old Silver, with the ammenities of a place like the Seacrest to enhance a great vacation spot. I already know we'll be back.

1 Thank TrevorMorris
I agree – the beach trumps all. It is one of the absolute best on the Cape. I have to say, however, that what makes me most proud are your comments about our staff and service. We are in the hospitality business…paramount at all times for my team is providing hospitality – warm, caring, non intrusive service. I’m so glad we made the grade.

I agree that there are always improvements to be made. We are compiling a list of areas of the Hotel that need attention, and will continue on our quest to provide not only exemplary, memorable service, but a hotel where every area has been improved upon.

I look forward to seeing your review again after your next stay, and to meeting you in person.

My Best,

Clark Guinn
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Best Hotel on Cape Cod - Period! Caribbean-like sandy private beach faces west back toward Southeastern MA so you have incredible Torrey Pines-like Pacific sunsets over the Atlantic. I got married here years ago in their main dining room so perhaps I am a bit impartial. Wearing an objective hat though I attended two weddings this June; one at Wequassett and one at Popponesset so they are fresh in my mind and I think this is much better, and much more accessible for guests (no windy Cape roads). This resort always had the potential to be a Chatham Bars Inn (without the extra hour or two drive) waiting to happen. Well it looks like it finally happened! Amazing what millions of dollars and what must be a commitment from top management down to each server, desk person and bellman can do. I live in Falmouth and stayed here with my relatives this week who were visiting my family. I stayed here in years past and have held some of my company’s holiday parties here. They always did a nice job and the views and beach were great then too but it was always a lower cost version of what it could be, it was sort of the little engine that could beachfront hotel. They always needed improvements, some serious ones too which would put you on the bubble of choosing another location each time you made a reservation. The only slight challenge is now they are asking for the money (though it’s still pretty reasonable) that they could have asked for years ago if the prior group had invested back into it. Pool improvements now open it up to the ocean significantly and courtyard feature look great. Jet skis available in addition to the usual kayaks, etc. are an unexpected plus. I wouldn’t be surprised if prices go up next year, but it still may be well worth it. Especially since further improvements seem likely.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed at the Sea Crest for two weeks in July and were very impressed.
The location is wonderful. So close to the Bourne Bridge so you avoid a lot of traffic. It is 10 minutes from downtown Falmouth where there are cute shops and restaurants, grocery and convenience stores. There are plenty of other restaurants and ice cream shops within a few minutes drive.
The outside of the hotel looks nice. The lobby area and grounds are beautiful. The actual room buildings are old school beach motel looking but the rooms we stayed in are lovely. We checked in early and were provided bracelets for the beach. We had two rooms and one was not ready until 4. We were told they would call but they did not so we just checked in at the desk at 4 and hung out at the beach until then.
We were in building #8. We had requested a pack and play for our baby and it was not in the room when we arrived. They brought it over within 10 minutes but he didn’t know how to set it up so his manager came to set it up very quickly. The room was beautiful. The renovations made the room look brand new. It is very tastefully decorated and spacious. There was a pull out couch and the king bed which was very comfortable. The mini fridge was great to keep breakfast items and doggy bags. The bathroom was very nice and large. Our only complaints about the room are they did not have pack and play fitted sheets, there is no safe, and no swing or chain lock on the door. That means if you don’t turn the deadbolt (which opens when you turn the handle) anyone with a key can get in. It isn’t that hard to get a key. I asked for one for my parent’s room and it was given to me, no questions asked, no id presented. No chain or swing lock also means your child can easily get out. It is as simple as pulling down the lever. It is dangerous if you are there alone with your child and you are in the bathroom. Not having a pack and play specific fitted sheet is also dangerous and this is the only hotel I have ever been to without the specific fitting sheets. They used a double (or queen or king) sized bed sheet and just folded it on there. A smaller baby could get tangled up in there and I would be VERY nervous about that. Luckily our child is old enough that the only thing he did was pull it off everyday and throw it on the floor. Word to the management-buy fitted pack and play sheets. Room service was pretty good. I asked them to come between certain hours every day and they did all but one day. They did not change the sheets which was kind of annoying as we had a sandy kid jumping around in the bed some days.
The pools were good. The outdoor pool is surrounded by glass (for the wind maybe?) and was warm each day. The bottom and side of the pool is hard pebbles so that is really uncomfortable but swimming around is fine. The indoor pool building shows it age. It seems to need to be renovated. The pool surrounding is falling apart a little. But it was also warm and it was wonderful that the pools were open until 10 pm. There are two hot tubs for adults only.
The beach was great. The employees there brought you a chair and umbrella and set it up for you by request. The only day we did not get them was when a huge conference was there and they took them all. I wasn’t sure if the conference people were staying at the hotel or just got the use of the beach for the conference day. If they were not overnight guests, giving them all of the umbrellas and chairs was wrong. The water was warm and on calm days, you could see all the way down to your feet. It was amazing for a MA beach to me. There was a ton of seaweed the first few days we were there but it went away eventually. It was also not that crowded whereas the public section next door was packed. There are boats, jet skis and the like available to rent right on the beach too.
The staff was very nice (with the exception of one awful bartender). They were very willing to accommodate requests and it felt very first class to have the doors opened for you all of the time.
The food was quite good. The restaurant never seemed too crowded and had a good, varied menu. Red’s takeout next to it was a smaller menu but the food was excellent. Great burgers. It was pricey though and I wish it was open later in the evening. Be prepared to spend a lot on food and drinks if you are using the hotel restaurants. The drinks at the bar were good but also very expensive. $11 or $12 for daiquiris. The breakfast buffet was great. A chef station with omelets and waffles and the regular items-cereal, eggs, sausage, bacon, oatmeal bar, breads, fruit, etc. There is also a small café where you can pick up small items like muffins and croissants if you don’t want a large meal. You can charge all of this to your room which is helpful.
They have a few activities going on which is nice for families. There were games on the beach during the day and on the weekend, outdoor movies and free popcorn which we loved.
We were very pleasantly surprised at the Sea Crest. It was a great hotel, clean, modern, friendly staff, good food and great beach.

Room Tip: The fireplace rooms are lovely and large. The ones at the far end have a slight view of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank daisy47
Framingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

we arrived tired & road weary, were pleasantly greeted at the front entrance with smiling door openers, and bellman the hospitality continued at the front desk, at Reds by the pool and beach area everywhere we went someone wanted to know if we needed anything they cant do enough for you the newly renovated bar and restaurant is terrific and the food was great. all in all a definite upgrade in amenities and staff attitude we will definitely be back

Room Tip: we always get a room in bldg #7 which is standard but the matresses are very comfortable
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Blue Water on the Ocean
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,036 reviews

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!