I had reviewed the Seacrest last year, and gave it favorable marks largely due to location (fantastic beach), convienience (access to the beach without parking/driving), and the fact that it is a uniquely Cape Cod resort. I stand by all of this, but now with the improvements to the hotel complete, I felt compelled to follow up with a few new notes.
Although I travel frequently, and have been to the Seacrest a number of times over the last 10+ years, the most notable improvement is the overall service we received from the entire staff. I can't always say in the past that the attention to the customer service was this good, but it would be notable for almost any hotel to do as well as the Seacrest staff did during our recent visit. The bartenders and waitstaff get extremely high marks, but everyone else was certainly attentive and warm without being intrusive. The weekend we visited was very busy, and beach chairs were at a premium. It appeared that management went to a local store and bought more just to accomodate guests at some point during the day. Wow. They could have just apologized for running out, but they actively did something about it...that really struck me. The rennovations, especially the pool area, outdoor bar, and restaraunt, came out quite well.
Of course, there is always room for improvement (the rough surface in the outdoor pool steps, the pool gates that close a bit loudly, some interior hallways in the main building that look untouched) that other reviews touched on - and management responded to - so I won't revisit those topics here. I would add that we likely would have eaten at Red's more if the evening menu was a bit more expansive...but again, it is a huge improvement over the last few years. Also, having servers taking drink orders from the beach would have been a big plus...this was notably missing from the days of the "old" Seacrest.
At the end of the day, the beach trumps all. There are few places on the Cape where you can find a beach as nice as Old Silver, with the ammenities of a place like the Seacrest to enhance a great vacation spot. I already know we'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel is located on one of the most beautiful beaches on Cape Cod. Just 70 miles from Boston, Sea Crest Beach Hotel is perfect for a wedding, reunion, corporate event, or just that perfect Cape Cod vacation, Sea Crest Beach Hotel on Old Sliver Beach will make your time on Cape Cod memorable. Sit by our outdoor saline pool, lie on our pristine, white sand, beach overlooking Buzzards Bay, go windsurfing, swimming, or just relax with a good book. The Sea Crest Beach Hotel is Cape Cod’s finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Sea Crest Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
- Sea Crest Falmouth Ma
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod