“Great Family Destination - Khalid a standout in customer service.”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Great Family Destination - Khalid a standout in customer service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

I want to begin by complimenting Khalid, a superior representative of the resort who works in food/beverage arena. Khalid provided excellent customer service when I reached him on the phone prior to my stay, and continued throughout our stay to go "above and beyond" to make our vacation easy and memorable. Thank you to SeaCrest for having this very special manager as part of your team.
Overall, we found the resort to be very family friendly and the beach and pool amenities were outstanding! We were impressed by the friendly and accomodating attitude of staff and service providers. We loved the rooms and their easy access to beach and outdoor activities. We enjoyed the well maintained property and the family atmosphere.
It was a great 3 generation weekend and we would certainly return in a heartbeat!
Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Buildings 1 and 2 have easy access to volleyball, horseshoes and the beach! #3 great balconies!
1 Thank duffyco
CLARK-K6, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding Khalid. He truly is an integral part of the service team here at the Sea Crest. It makes me very proud to see reviews such as yours, and to know that everyone demonstrated a willing and friendly attitude. We look forward to your next visit!!

Thank you again!
Clark Guinn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Newton, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

Two years ago we went to the Seacrest and walked out. We vowed never to return. We heard that the hotel was renovated so we thought we'd give it a try. We loved our stay! The room was newly renovated, very clean and comfortable. The staff was amazing. There were plenty of towels, chairs and umbrella's on the beach. I love the new morning coffee bar/shop. Once again, this is a perfect weekend place to go with children. We're looking forward to returning later this summer.

3 Thank karenandjeff
Townsend, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

This was my 7th year and my sister's 3rd year vacationing for three days at the Seacrest. I have seen many changes in seven years. Since i bring my 3 grandaughters and she her 2 grandsons we need a child friendly resort. This is the best resort on the cape for children! The beach, the indoor and outdoor pools, the snack bar, and the lovely restaurant for breakfast is first rate. Service was attentive and friendly. The renovations are very beachy! Now that my granddaughters are older they really appreciated how nice this resort is! They felt pampered! We will be back next year! Thanks Seacrest for some great memories!

1 Thank Charrons_10
San Rafael, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

We came for a little R&R after visiting family. We booked online and requested an ocean view room...well, that does not mean ocean view as we learned. Ocean Front is an actual view of the ocean..the front desk was not clear on explaining this to us.

The update is mostly cosmetic with updated decor in the rooms. However, I think this may be the only hotel we have ever stayed at that does not have queen sized beds..the option is one king or 2 full beds.. The entrance to the rooms is slippery tile and not all room have a balcony on which to dry bathing suits, etc.

Their is no room service and the breakfast option is either a continental for $12/pp which does not include anything cooked, ie: waffles/eggs or the buffet which is $18/pp. My 3 year old son had 1 muffin and we were charged the full continental price...a la carte would be a helpful option especially those of us with young children. They do not offer drinks or food service to the pool or beach..nor are there any tables to make eating at these locations more pleasurable.

Unlike other reviewers, we were never checked for arm bands and we saw plenty of people both on the beach and in the pool who did not have them. If you arrive at night, have the bellman direct you as there is limited lighting on property. There are also no elevators. If you stay in Bldg 5 -- be aware that gates to the pool area slam shut and you will hear them in your room constantly.

They have an excellent location on the beach and have converted both pools to saline which is a benefit. However the outdoor pool has a very rough surface and caused blisters on our feet.

2 Thank tropigl
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

Sea Crest has been completely remodeled - the amenities as well as the service. Both are very very good now. You really owe it to yourself if you have only experienced the "old Sea Crest" and disregard any reviews pre-Summer 2011. I stay at A LOT of resorts and I was pleased to go back and see what the new owners have done in terms of space and fantastic service. Perfect for families and you cannot beat the location in terms of warm water beach access. Congratulations on a fantastic turnaround. I am an admitted hotel snob and really enjoyed this place. Thank you-

Room Tip: I stayed in a fireplace room in building 8. Loved it.
1 Thank Colotep
Oceanport, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

We arrived and were very happy with the location. The beach was perfect for small children! When we got to the room we didn't get the room we reserved ( king sun deck with a sleeper sofa). We had two full sized beds. We then needed a cot because our daughter would have nowhere to sleep. We tried to call, but the phone did not work. My husband walked to the front desk to let them know the phone was out and we needed a cot. It took 4 hours and two reminders to get a cot...and the phone was never fixed during our stays.
The doors did not have high latches on the doors to securely lock the room while you were inside, or to prevent the kids from opening the door. That would be a great thing to have.
The air conditioning was very loud!
We didn't mind wearing the wrist bands and no one bothered us during our whole stay, except for our last morning. We were asked several times to show our wrist bands.
Check out is at 11, which is rather early. We asked if we could have a late checkout (an hour or two, but we were told no).
The outdoor pool has a very rough bottom. My daughters foot had to be bandaged up after she scraped it on the bottom.
The restaurant was great! Great service and food!
Ryan the bartender was our favorite!!
The breakfast buffet was a little expensive for kids. I'd like an option to order from a menu (especially for kids who eat cereal and oatmeal). We wound up going out for breakfast all but one morning.
The rooms were kept neat.
The one drink ordering is a bit annoying, but we understand why it has to be that way.
The hotel is full of a lot of policies!

3 Thank Jennie41077
CLARK-K6, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you for your posting. We are very family friendly…and you are right, the beach is perfect for children of all ages! Let me apologize for the long and very unseemly delay in getting you a cot for your daughter. I will follow up with both the front desk and with housekeeping to make sure that we respond quickly to our guests’ requests.

I was unaware that the pool had such a rough bottom. I will put this on the list for when we close the outdoor pool this winter. I’m sure there is something we can do to address the surfacing of the pool.

I will make sure to let Ryan know that you were impressed by him. I’m so glad that he took great care of you and that you found the restaurant quality to be superior.
I agree – we do need to look at the children’s pricing for the breakfast buffet, or at least offer an a la carte option.

Policies are in place to help protect our guests and the hotel. We try not to be too stringent and do review policies continually to make sure they work for all parties.

We look forward to your next visit!

Kind Regards,
Arlington, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

It looks pretty when you arrive, but looks can be deceiving. Our room looked nice but the bathroom door had to be slammed to close, the fridge was extremely loud, the tv had limited channels and kept losing cable signal Our main complaint is the annoying outdoor staff. You must wear a bright wristband to use the pool, beach or other amenities, When we first arrived we decided to walk around and see the changes, and we were approached with a young girl wearing a white polo who yelled "were are your wristbands, you must wear your wristbands." The next day at the beach we requested 3 chairs and 2 umbrellas but were told only one umbrella per room, so if you have 3 of 4 people in a room two of those guests are apt to get sunburned. The outdoor staff walk around the beach with clipboards checkeing to see if you have a wristband.
We came to the Seacrest to enjoy the beach, in the past years the only time staff interupted us on the beach was to ask if wanted a drink, wristabands were used in the past but staff to not bother you to see them.

3 Thank pbjpowers
CLARK-K6, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
I’m so sorry that you found our Beach staff to be intrusive. It certainly is not our intention to make our guests feel not taken care of. We do ask to see our guests’ wristbands in an attempt to keep our beach private for our paying guests. Because we are blessed with such a gorgeous beach, we have many non registered guests who will try to take advantage of the location and the beach chairs and umbrellas. I have scheduled a meeting with the Activities Manager to review and retrain on how to best approach our guests.

I have asked the Director of Engineering to inspect your room to correct the door issue and to check the refrigerator – I’m surprised that the new fridges are so noisy. Additionally, we are working to resolve the television issue.

I hope that you will allow the staff of the Sea Crest Beach Hotel another opportunity to serve you in the near future, and to demonstrate to you our commitment to your total satisfaction. If and when you decide to return, please call my office so I can personally ensure that your stay meets your expectations, and ours!

Kind Regards,

Clark Guinn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Blue Water on the Ocean
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,036 reviews

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!