“Great Pies”

Pies A La Mode Cafe
Ranked #5 of 11 Dessert in Falmouth
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I ordered a quiche here for lunch. It was very very good. Everything is fresh and well made. Ordered pies for holidays. Excellent. Nice place to grab a good lunch.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Pies and ice cream and desserts O MY

Wonderful friendly staff and great food. Bring home dinner AND dessert

Reviewed September 19, 2012

ginger molasses cookies, the mariners lunch which has meat on one end of the pastry and apple pie on the other...and the gelato is delightful!

1  Thank nananina50
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We read great reviews and decided to go here for dessert after a wonderful dinner at the Fish Monger. It began when I attempted to order blueberry pie with ice cream. They didn't have a blueberry pie that was already cut, and they wouldn't cut a new pie for just one slice. My wife ordered a slice to solve the problem, though that's not what she would have otherwise ordered. Then we went to a table to wait for our pie, but all the available tables were dirty. We stood by one and motioned to one of the staff who came out and cleaned the top - but wiped the crumbs onto the chairs and left. I cleaned it with my handkerchief. Then we sat down and waited. And waited. We watched people after us get served, but not at the same time. One person was served a piece of pie a few minutes after anther was served quiche. We began joking that perhaps the ice cream was made to order. After several more minutes our pie was served - HEATED. They never asked if we wanted our blueberry pie heated, and if they had, we would have said no. I took a second bite and decided I didn't like it, so I took it to the counter and complained, asking for a slice of cold pie. They resisted, saying I had already eaten some of it, and we argued before she said she would get me another piece of pie. I sat down. A second person brought the pie, explaining they had to charge me because I had eaten part of the pie so this was my second slice, and again we argued until she relented, but then she said she couldn't give me new ice cream but I could scrape the ice cream off the first piece of uneaten pie if I wanted. I was increduluous and stared at her; she turned on her heel and left with the plate of uneaten pie with the ice cream.

So we spent $11 (obviously, no tip) and half an hour of our lives for one slice of mediocre pie with ice cream and one without. And were treated shabbily. It has been decades since we have been this disgusted with a restaurant.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

You might still fall off your chair, they are so good. I am sorry to say that I went back a second time, but could not even try anything else because that is all I wanted

1  Thank Carnocycle