“Local Breakfast Place I Always Go To”

Mary Ellen's Portuguese Bakery
Ranked #44 of 167 Restaurants in Falmouth
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I probably go to Mary Ellen's several times a week.
The waitresses know that I want a large glass of water, and just how I like my eggs.
It is a friendly place and so local.
I don't go much on the weekend ,but when I have, it has been packed, and because of such if you are solo you have to sit at the counter, which I don't like to do.
Their eggs beny are great with their sausage pattie and their fried dough (ask for it warmed)is tasty.
I take home a loaf of bread, and a few eclairs. Both the best!
You definitely will want something from the bakery case!

3  Thank Polly N

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Mary Ellen's is a great place for a real down home breakfast. I love the Portuguese Sweet Bread, and a few eggs and I was good to go. My cousin had the Portuguese Sausage and said it was very good. The atmosphere was great!

Reviewed August 1, 2011

recently purchased a summer home in Falmouth. Saw this place out of the corner of my eye while driving by and thought it had the potential to be a hidden gem.
its not bakery, its a diner ! $5 breakfast special.
they sell muffins and danish, but I bought 4 and they all were in crumbs by the time I got back to the cottage ( a mile) - stale ?

as far as portugese bread - i did not see any - thats what a portugese bakey i all about !!!!

will have to stick to Dunkin Donut muffins I suppose, as far as fresh bake bread - the search continues

1  Thank OneBHF
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Great place for breakfast, kind of hard to find without directions (behind Dairy Queen). Two eggs, toast, meat, potatoes for only $5.00. Service was good and people friendly.

Reviewed August 6, 2009

The food here is very good and freshly made. The breakfast deal is 2 eggs, meat, home fries and toast for $5. Certainly enough to fill you up. Lunch is also good. I really liked their clam chowder. This place seems to get a lot of regular locals that come in. Pretty casual atmosphere in the last place you would probably think to look. They're located in the back of a Dairy Queen.