“Disappointed”

Smitty's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 11 Dessert in Falmouth
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I will try it again but my last visit I had black raspberry ice cream but it tasted like "mint". Must have had a flavor transfer by being near the mint ice cream I assume. Next time I will do a taste test before deciding.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We tend to stop a lot for ice cream when on vacation and this was one of the best we have ever had. The hot fudge sundae -- WITH HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM -- should not be missed. Friendly staff let us sample several flavors and made a great recommendation. There were tables inside and out., and plenty of grass for the kids to run around. This is a not to miss...

1  Thank CityPlanningProf
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Three great ice creams on the Cape. Each is a little different that the others: more or less cream, "truer" flavors and more or less variety. Smitty's is just about in the middle for me. Not too much cream, more variety but not as a deep flavor. But all that only counts if you are a true ice cream freak. I you are are "normal freak" you'll love it and they do have wacky flavors for the kids. Like a lot of summer time places, the service can be quite uneven but at least at Smitty's you won't have the long and longer line.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I thought this ice cream was just okay. I am not sure what everyone else is ordering and may try again next time I am in town but a root beer float was not great, a hot fudge sundae was lacking in the hot fudge and overflowing with the ice cream which I am not a fan of (hot fudge sundaes should not have a few drips of hot fudge on them, they are expensive, be generous). Our kids give you 5 stars as they are not as picky and love any ice cream that they are given. I really was excited to go here after seeing the reviews and was really disappointed since it was quite a hike on the opposite side of town to get there (not a big deal if the experience had been better). One plus despite not the best experience, the staff is super friendly and were out cleaning tables as they were cleared. i loved that!!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

ice cream was very good...although a bit expensive ($8 for 2 dishes). Smitty himself was there serving.