“I won a ''drawing" from the Harborwalk too”

InnSeason Harborwalk Resort
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Like some of the other reviewers here, I was also contacted by the HarborWalk saying that I'd just won a drawing they held("Congratulations - isn't that exciting!?") and they were giving me 4 free airline tickets to just about anywhere. All I had to do was to go visit their hotel to pick up the tickets. They couldn't mail the tickets to me - too risky. They said, "no pressure, we're not trying to sell you anything. We don't advertise - this is our way of getting the word out about us."

They may want to think twice about how they're getting the word out, because based on the stories here, and how similar it sounds to what they offered me, this sounds like a scam. I wouldn't want to take anything 'free' from this company, and it's disappointing that anyone would want to run a business in this way. Why not just advertise like other companies if they want to get the word out?

A big thanks to the people who posted here previously to save me the unpleasant experience that you went through.

Stayed: August 2007
9  Thank Red4Green
There are newer reviews for InnSeason Harborwalk Resort

Reviewed August 4, 2007

This was a really nice weekend for my family.
We were invited to stay and attend a presentation in exchange for a dinner certificate as well as some other perks. The tour was short but--we said no. I guess i was the heavy and my husband was the good guy.
Harborside is in a great location . The best part of this trip stay was that we had access to the other Innseason properties in Falmouth. Innseason Surfside is close and has a beautiful private beach. The only downside to this beach was that the rocks really hurt and you absolutely need beach shoes to swim.
We ate at Boat House( nice ) and Friendly's (you know). You can walk to friendly's with the kids from this place as well as lots of shopping and dining.
We were lucky with the weather. It's really what you make of it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank notnow
Reviewed April 1, 2007

I agree with the person who said that the Innseason resorts is a big scam. I also received a phone call telling me I had won 4 airline tickets as well as a bunch of gift certificates. I knew it was too good to be true but decided to check it out for fun. The salesman was a sleaze. The entire presentation was tailored to hide the fact that they wanted you to pony up $12,000 and pay about $250 a month forever, basically. They gave us a $25 gift card to use at Mashpee Commons that didn't work and the $50 gift certificate was essentially a rebate card. They'd pay you back for gas/food you bought. And the four free airline tickets? only good if you use them to one of their properties, and you pay for your stay. The property they gave the presentation was a major DUMP. (Cape Cod.)

Stayed: April 2007
21  Thank Melaine
Reviewed February 18, 2007

Stayed as a member and stayed as a non member. Members stay in the nicest rooms in Falmoth. Great View. Walk to downtown.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank albrtr
Reviewed September 26, 2006

The rooms shown on the internet are of their resort rooms. Most of these rooms are unavailable because they are for timeshare customers only. The room we stayed in was similar to that of a room at Motel 6. The room was poorly lit and dirty. The bathroom was tiny and the shower curtain was moldy. The ironing board was stained and moldy as well. I was very disappointed, especially because it was our honeymoon.

Stayed: September 2006
10  Thank tro
Reviewed July 20, 2006

This property is located on a harbor with passenger boats that go to Martha's Vineyard and other fishing boats. We found this hotel to be clean and adequate for $200 for two nights(on line special). We had a studio with one queen bed, a refrigerator, an area with a sofa and a chair and TV. We did not travel to this hotel on a timesharing deal and, therefore, we were not approached by the sales team.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank plans
Reviewed November 3, 2005

We decided to stay there as a promo for a tour of the time share. When I arrived my husband fell ill. They would not let me go on the tour without him and I had to pay full price for a room I would not have chosen to stay in. The room was smelly and old and the bathroom had mold in it. I also caught fungus on my feet from the bathroom, which was quite unpleasant. They did not wash the bathroom thoroughly.
Aside from all of that,I wrote them an email to speak about my displeasure with the price and front desk and no one ever responded. Do yourself a favor,do not stay there. There are far too many choices in town. It's your vacation and your money;spend it wisely.

• Stayed: November 2005
39  Thank MsCecile
Management response:Responded March 7, 2006

I would like to offer an apolgy for the unpleasant stay that you and your family had at InnSeason Resorts Harbor Walk. Harbor Walk is a new venture for InnSeason Resorts having been recently purchased in the Spring of '05. This property was a former (seasonal) Best Western. For travelers who have frequented Cape Cod for many years and have stayed in properties that have been closed over the Winter months, unfortunately rooms tend to be musty. Harbor Walk is presently under renovations to become a year round property with many upgrades to the rooms. The lack of cleanliness in the rooms has been and will continue to be addressed once the property re-opens in May. Unfortunately your concerns during your stay or the email that was sent were never received otherwise they would have been handled immediately. We hope that you are able to visit the Falmouth area again and that you choose Harbor Walk to see the numerous improvements that we've made.