“Saved by your reviews!!”

InnSeason Harborwalk Resort
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed January 14, 2008

THANK YOU TRIP ADVISORS!!

You saved my hubbie & I from what sounds like a horrible experience! I filled out a form to win a trip at our local boat show last weekend - mistake #1.
Mistake #2, letting this guy waste my cell phone minutes tonight to tell me about the 4 wonderful tickets ("believe it or not") I actually won! WOW! After 10 minutes, he says he'll be in Falmouth (before he said he was in NH) & that I could pick up my tix from him there. "Is this a timeshare?" I ask..."Well, uh, we have them there, but a.., no, I mean there is no obligation, uh, but if that's what you want..." That's when I said I had to check my husband's schedule & call back & that's when he got pushy & a little ugly, like most time-share selling weirdos do, so I got off the phone & went on line. Do I smell a fish? yep!
I went to something similar years ago & I remember enduring the 90 minutes & getting the tix, only to later read the fine print on the documents & decide it was a scam, I just couldn't remember the details about HOW they were trying to scam me until BAM, I read this review on Trip Advisors where the person said you have to stay in their resort for a week at your expense & bingo that rang a bell & I've decided to stay home & have them remove my info from their database!
DON'T DO IT FOLKS, THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE STOPPED! There's got to be a better way!
Thanks again,
Melinda T.

Stayed: January 2008
8  Thank MelT2

Reviewed August 21, 2007

Like some of the other reviewers here, I was also contacted by the HarborWalk saying that I'd just won a drawing they held("Congratulations - isn't that exciting!?") and they were giving me 4 free airline tickets to just about anywhere. All I had to do was to go visit their hotel to pick up the tickets. They couldn't mail the tickets to me - too risky. They said, "no pressure, we're not trying to sell you anything. We don't advertise - this is our way of getting the word out about us."

They may want to think twice about how they're getting the word out, because based on the stories here, and how similar it sounds to what they offered me, this sounds like a scam. I wouldn't want to take anything 'free' from this company, and it's disappointing that anyone would want to run a business in this way. Why not just advertise like other companies if they want to get the word out?

A big thanks to the people who posted here previously to save me the unpleasant experience that you went through.

Stayed: August 2007
9  Thank Red4Green
Reviewed August 4, 2007

This was a really nice weekend for my family.
We were invited to stay and attend a presentation in exchange for a dinner certificate as well as some other perks. The tour was short but--we said no. I guess i was the heavy and my husband was the good guy.
Harborside is in a great location . The best part of this trip stay was that we had access to the other Innseason properties in Falmouth. Innseason Surfside is close and has a beautiful private beach. The only downside to this beach was that the rocks really hurt and you absolutely need beach shoes to swim.
We ate at Boat House( nice ) and Friendly's (you know). You can walk to friendly's with the kids from this place as well as lots of shopping and dining.
We were lucky with the weather. It's really what you make of it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank notnow
Reviewed April 1, 2007

I agree with the person who said that the Innseason resorts is a big scam. I also received a phone call telling me I had won 4 airline tickets as well as a bunch of gift certificates. I knew it was too good to be true but decided to check it out for fun. The salesman was a sleaze. The entire presentation was tailored to hide the fact that they wanted you to pony up $12,000 and pay about $250 a month forever, basically. They gave us a $25 gift card to use at Mashpee Commons that didn't work and the $50 gift certificate was essentially a rebate card. They'd pay you back for gas/food you bought. And the four free airline tickets? only good if you use them to one of their properties, and you pay for your stay. The property they gave the presentation was a major DUMP. (Cape Cod.)

Stayed: April 2007
21  Thank Melaine
Reviewed February 18, 2007

Stayed as a member and stayed as a non member. Members stay in the nicest rooms in Falmoth. Great View. Walk to downtown.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank albrtr
Reviewed September 26, 2006

The rooms shown on the internet are of their resort rooms. Most of these rooms are unavailable because they are for timeshare customers only. The room we stayed in was similar to that of a room at Motel 6. The room was poorly lit and dirty. The bathroom was tiny and the shower curtain was moldy. The ironing board was stained and moldy as well. I was very disappointed, especially because it was our honeymoon.

Stayed: September 2006
10  Thank tro
Reviewed July 20, 2006

This property is located on a harbor with passenger boats that go to Martha's Vineyard and other fishing boats. We found this hotel to be clean and adequate for $200 for two nights(on line special). We had a studio with one queen bed, a refrigerator, an area with a sofa and a chair and TV. We did not travel to this hotel on a timesharing deal and, therefore, we were not approached by the sales team.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family