“Friendly service trying hard to succeed”

Jacks Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #44 of 164 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Description: A friendly and relaxed atmosphere just adds to the beautiful decor of the restaurant and bar. Choose your favorite drink or one from our Martini menu. Our wonderful menu provides a variety of delicious meals. Steaks, Pasta, Chicken, Seafood, Burgers, Salads plus many other creative dishes are sure to pleasure to your taste buds. With nightly entertainment, JACKS is where family and friends gather for great food and good times !
Cape Cod
“Friendly service trying hard to succeed”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

As a year round resident of Falmouth we wanted to try Jack's as he had a difficult time getting up an running. The night we went to Jacks our party consisted of five people, Myself, my wife and three kids. The restaurant was busy, and most of the customers were senior citizens. They had a Jazz group playing that was located in the back end of the bar. The music was good but a little too loud. At least three of us ordered a cup of chowder, it was very good, better than most and very hot. The cup I ordered did not arrive until my entree came which was disappointing. The service was not great but not from a lack of trying, we actually had two waitresses and Jack also pitched in. They really need to get their act together as their friendliness is not going to cut it if their service does not improve. I give them an A+ for effort and I really want them to make it. The rest of the food that we ordered included Shrimp Scampi, it looked like a plate of pasta with pink shrimp about 8 total, my grandson told me it was ok. My wife had a pasta with meatballs (meatballs are a specialty of Jacks). She said it was ok. My granddaughter had a southwest chicken wrap that had way too much garlic or spicy powder. So much that she could only eat 1/2 of it. I had the other half for breakfast and noticed the hot spicy powder on my first bite. I ordered a Burger, I think it was a Southwest and it was very good and garnished with black beans salsa and jalapenos. Also had the sweet potato fries that were very good. Another grandson had the fish and chips, he said it was good. The fish was lightly battered and was a large portion. I don't recall what the other granddaughter had but she ate most of it. To wrap this up, Very Friendly Restaurant that is trying very hard to succeed, needs to improve on service and food. I will try it again but will probably only order a burger or the fish and chips and a cup of their fantastic chowder.

• Visited August 2014

Mashpee, Massachusetts, United States
“Jack's Restaurant”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Went for dinner with a group of friends who are loyal followers of Jack. My dinner, Chicken Oriental, was tasty, but not great. My husband ordered a pizza. When it was served, by Jack,
he was told that it didn't come out right and would be removed from the bill. I think it should have been tossed in the trash. It was taken off the bill, but that didn't quite make up for a lack of an edible dinner. NOT going back there in a hurry!!

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank bronxgirl161
North Conway, New Hampshire
“New Guy in Town!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We had the pleasure of dining at Jack's for the first time the other night. We were pleased that our server listened to us and let us enjoy our drinks first before we ordered dinner. I had a Manhatten up and it was filled to the brim! My husband had a Scotch over ice; could have been a little more Scotch in the glass, but it was fine.
Jack's serves all choices of food, so you're sure to find something you like. When our dinners arrived, they were well presented and very tasty. Warm rolls came with the meal which were replenished when needed.
We didn't order dessert, too full from our wonderful meal. Jack himself came over to introduce himself. Very nice guy, not intrusive nor pretentious, just a nice guy! We enjoyed talking to him and learning a little more about how he began Jack's Restaurant.
Jack's also offers entertainment with a baby grand piano sitting in the lounge area. The two of us enjoyed a relaxing dinner, 1 wine, and 3 cocktails; the tab came to around $70.00. Considering we ate at a fancier restaurant in town the week before for the same amount of money, including only one glass of wine each, felt rushed, seated at a tiny table next to the aisle; Jack's is a bargain for a pleasant relaxing evening out.
We'll definitely be there again during our stay in Falmouth. Just wish Jack's was in NH, our home State!

• Visited April 2014