“Great family house!”
other travelers have booked this property
Gorgeous Front Room View of Front Room from Kitchen
Second Bathroom
Famous Old Silver Beach
Gorgeous Sunset Overlooking Falmouth Harbour
Welcome to Blue Water Shores
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Oliviamia
“Great family house!”
Reviewed July 26, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

First time my husband and I took our young daughters to the Cape for vacation. We were more than pleased with the house we rented.It was extremely clean and the kitchen was fully stalked with supplies so we didn't need to bring anything for
cooking and cleaning. Everything from a coffeemaker, to pots and pans to even lobster utensils (which made my husband very happy!) Upon arrival we had a few questions about how to work the tv's and the owner got back to us right away. There were enough bedrooms to comfortably accommodate the 6 of us that stayed and the finished basement was great for the kids to play and watch tv so they were never right on top of us. The beaches and center of town were only a few minutes away which was a plus. House is located on a very quiet street and there was no noise at night whatsoever. I would recommend this house for your next trip to Falmouth and we would
definitely consider staying there again!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jul 26, 2016
Hi Nicole! Thank you so much! It was a pleasure having your family stay at our house and I'm so happy you were all were satisfied with it. I know you had great weather and I was thrilled. Like I said, contact me for next year if you come to the Cape again. Would love to have you back! Pina
traveling...
Vernon, Connecticut
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 25, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We booked this rental months ago and had been looking forward to it. The house was very easy to find and is located a short drive from beaches and other highlights of Falmouth. When we arrived we noticed there was pet hair everywhere and it was sticking to our clothes and socks. Our toddler is used to playing on the floor and we had to keep asking him to stay off the floor. I ended up vacuuming but the pet hair was just everywhere and kept getting on our clothes.
The living area in the basement was never used by us due to the smell of dog and musty mildew. I wanted to wash the pet hair off our clothes but the washing machine had mold in it. I spent time cleaning as much mold as I could out of there. The back screen door is held together with painters tape and there are water stains on the bedroom ceiling with the queen bed. The queen bed was extremely uncomfortable and looked very old. If you are taking young kids, be careful - the wood floors are very slippery and the stairs are very steep. My son slipped and fell down the stairs.
It is asked that you wash sheets and towels before you leave and fold them. While the request sounds reasonable, it was actually an inconvenience when trying to get packed up by check out time.
At one point the owner was there during our sons nap time and wanted to mow the lawn. It was an awkward exchange since we didn't know who he was and we were returning from the beach so we were not there when he arrived.
Overall the house needs a lot of cleaning and love. It needs paint touch ups, something was spilled on the bedroom wall, needs screen fixed, mold and musty smells removed. Since we did not use the basement we did not have an option to watch tv in the main living room. Instead there is some kind of locked hutch where it seems a tv should be. The sponges at the sink also smelled terrible and we went and bought our own.
We never really relaxed because we never felt comfortable here. It was so disappointing - we looked forward to it for so long and spent our hard earned money and really only got a place that we could sort of sleep. I was reading in bed one night and a spider came down from the ceiling on to my book and there were cobwebs everywhere.

Liked best: Easy to find
Liked least: It was not clean
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 26, 2016
Hi Monica, I regret that you were unhappy with our home. Yours was one of the first times that I did not clean the house myself but rather used a cleaning person to oversee the place before the next renter. When you told me about the pet hair, I told you that I would come over and vacuum and use a Roomba that I own to go over the whole house. At which point you said it was fine. We also keep a dehumidifier downstairs and try to keep it running, but if the water is not poured out, it will no longer run, resulting in a musty smell. We have 3 tv's in that house that work perfectly. The downstairs, the kitchen and master bedroom. I saw no point in having yet another one on the cabinet where I keep odds and ends. Also, as far as washing sheets and towels,. We provide a service that most at the Cape don't. Here homes are provided without linens. We provide them for you (and have you find nice made beds) buy we only ask that if you use ours, to wash them before you leave. There might've been some pet hair, but I can assure you the house is not as bad as you are making it seem. All houses need touch ups and things might break during the summer and we would fix come fall. Overall, I am sorry that you were not pleased with the house and in the 3 years that we have rented it out, you would be the first. Thank you.
Cheryl M
New York
“Accommodating!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We booked our trip to the cape last minute and we were lucky to find this home available! We had everything we needed ,it was quiet and we were centrally located to everything--the ferry to Marthas Vineyard, grocery stores, beaches,etc. We loved Falmouth!!! The little town is amazing--great shopping,beautiful Old Silver Beach!! The owner of this property is very sweet!

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Jun 6, 2016
Thank you Cheryl! It was a pleasure having your family stay at our home! I am so glad you enjoyed your vacation. And I want to thank you for the way you left the house. It was spotless and I appreciate it so much!! You are welcomed back if you ever decide to come back to the Cape!
Pat435201...
Quebec City, Canada
“Perfect”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Big house, clean with everything a big family need (wi-fi, space, yard,...)Absolutly perfect. A big thanks to the owner.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Big home, quiet neigborhood
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
LisaC0205...
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Cape House”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

House is beautiful, everything you need, great deck and yard, close to Falmouth beaches, Mashpee, etc. Owners great to work with.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: House worked great for our needs
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Aug 17, 2014
Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure having you and hope you come back and visit us again!
MsMLee
“Great house perfect for a relaxing getaway”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend and we loved it! The house is immaculate. You can tell the owners take very good care of it. The house is just big enough to hold a big group and cozy enough for just a couple. The backyard is big and secluded, perfect for little kids. We loved grilling and hanging out on the deck. It's right off of Rt. 28 but you wouldn't know it while in the house. It's close to so many restaurants, shops, etc. The owners were very helpful as well. We were 2 hours late from the check in time and the daughter made sure to stick around for us so she could give us the keys, show us around the house, and give us some ideas of where to have dinner that night. We really loved this house!! Will definitely rent it again next time we come down to the Cape.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The backyard and the downstairs living room.
Liked least: Wish we could have stayed longer.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
dkt214
Amarillo, Texas
“Great location, lovely home, accommodating owners!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Our family enjoyed staying over the July 4th. The beaches are close and there is great shopping and dining in all directions. We were hot in the evenings but the owner had her father bring another fan over right away. Every request was promptly answered by the owner.
We enjoyed the grill and patio. The backyard is lovely and well kept. The basement adds additional family space with television and dvd player.
I would highly recommend this property if visiting Cape Cod.

Your age range 65+
Aug 17, 2014
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing