“We loved it there”

Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Chose this motor lodge after reading the excellent reviews received and we were not disappointed.It was ideal, clean,comfortable,helpful staff and a great location (forgot the car and walked everywhere) This was our wind down destination after two weeks of hectic 'leaf peeping' and it was r-e-l-a-x-i-n-g heaven.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 15, 2010

I traveled from California and found this awesome spot! Beautiful buildings and grounds, pool and large lawn area with bbq. Walking distance to the Island Queen Ferry to Marthas Vineyard. I will definitely return to this wonderful place!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This was a great vacation! The motel was clean, comfortable and in walking distance from the beach and some eating establishments. At the sametime, it was far enough away from the extreme hustle and bustle that you may find in the Cape. The staff were extremely friendly and accomodating. A plus was that you were also able to walk to catch the ferry if you wanted to take a trip over to Martha's Vineyard. I would most definitely recommend this motel to both individuals and families.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Very nice location, walking distance to and from beach and ferry. This was nice because we were more apt. to walk to places than drive. The owners were there the whole weekend and were very hospitable. We have two children 13 and 22 mos. and it was very kid friendly, but at the same time, fancy enough. The continental breakfast was very nice. My only request is it would of been nice to have some fresh fruit, especially for the kids.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My sister and I just returned from a short trip to the Cape and stayed at Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge. The owner, Maureen, and her staff were very friendly and helpful and the room and grounds were immaculate and reasonably priced! We would definitely recommend Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge to friends and family!

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Personally, I don’t like giving bad reviews. But I have no other choice given how my family and I were SO BADLY TREATED at this hotel. I strongly recommend you DON’T STAY HERE given my experience. We stayed in one of the cottages (“anchor house”) because of the kitchenette which, I must admit, was surprisingly small in comparison to similar places at which we’ve stayed. But the worse part was the moldy smell with which we were greeted upon entry. However, we decided to bring our stuff inside and let the fan with open windows air everything out for the day. Given our late return to the room that night, we decided to stay for the night. If anything the moldy smell worsened. Nobody got a good night’s sleep. Our son was not feeling well and we had to leave on Thursday afternoon though our checkout was on Saturday. We calmly explained our situation the next day. The complaint was dismissed with different excuses: “the neighbors next door have been staying for 14 days” (my reply was that I couldn’t speak to their accommodations, only ours) or, “this is Cape Cod and mildew does exist more frequently”. People often use the word “mildew” as a euphemism for mold, but mildew IS mold. So basically they _eventually_ owned up to the problem and only offered to relocate us to another building (how could we want to stay?). The only financial recompense received was entirely unjust – it was for just a half day. IF YOU WISH TO HAVE A NICE VACATION IN CAPE COD, DO NOT CHOOSE FALMOUTH HEIGHTS MOTOR LODGE.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank JasonTW
Management response:Responded September 11, 2010

Receiving a bad review is not pleasant but, becomes a learning experience. In as much as I and my staff try our best to accommodate all guests, there are times when we are simply unable to make someone happy. It saddens me to hear that this guest did not enjoy the Anchor House as it is a highly sought after building and rarely vacant. No other claims of this nature have been made and the Anchor House has experienced 100% occupancy throughout July and August. Assuredly, a previous guest would have apprised me or one of the staff of a “moldy smell,” for that matter, the many guests who have stayed since this guest’s departure. However, in light of this review, a thorough inspection of this guest room has been made and no evidence of mold was found. Further, I am not sure how this guest has arrived at being “badly treated.” One can only speculate that he was not satisfied with the Lodge’s policies. Yet, my staff and I appreciate feedback as we at the Lodge strive to continually provide immaculate rooms and auspicious surroundings for our guests.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

After reading all the reviews I went with high expectations. Rooms are not that big. I agree staff are very nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Beach Breeze Inn
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
Red Horse Inn - Falmouth
Red Horse Inn - Falmouth
#2 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!