“Don't try to make any changes to your reservation............”
Review of Beachside Village

Beachside Village
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed at Beachside the first week of May 2012. The week before our vacation, I experienced a temporary medical problem which meant I could barely climb stairs and needed a cane just to get around. This is the very first time I have had a medical situation, and since it was so close to vacation time we couldn't cancel without a huge penalty. So I thought it would be ok to go and that we could probably get a first floor room since it was still off-season for the Cape - and because I had seen this resort was part of the Diamond Resort system and Diamond is known for their customer service.
If you are expecting a Diamond Resort experience, you will be sorely disappointed with Beachside.The first problem was when we checked in and requested a first floor room. I tried to explain that I simply could not climb stairs every day for a week and that I would essentially be stuck in the room day and night. The first word out of the mouth of the front desk person was "no". They would NOT be able to exchange our 2nd floor room, but "the stairs are carpeted so it's not so bad". I supposed that meant that if I fell down the stairs I wouldn't be hurt as much since there was carpet. By the time we left the front office I was in tears and this is not the way I expected to start my first vacation on Cape Cod. The next morning my husband called the front desk and once again explained the situation. This time the front desk person called the manager and she was able to move us to a ground floor unit. I was profoundly grateful and that afternoon I went into the office to thank the manager (Dory) for her thoughtfulness. What I got from her was a verbal tongue-lashing about how they "just can't be moving people and we were just lucky that the owner of the unit was in collections or we would have never gotten moved". She went on and on - even saying that she had called our exchange company and that we "didn't have a request for a ground floor unit so we shouldn't expect to get one". Since I had never had a problem before it was never necessary to ask for a ground floor unit, but she told us that she told the exchange company that we should "never be put in anything above ground floor from now on". I didn't realize that she had any authority to tell anyone anything about what we should or should not do regarding our vacation reservations and once again I was in tears - mainly from the fact that I felt so lousy but also from the tongue lashing I got for being ill and wanting to change my room. So all in all, this was a very disappointing resort. It could have been handled in a much better way. But since it is a small resort and the location is ok, I am sure that they will always be full and won't care whether they get a poor review or not. Just beware, this is NOT a Diamond resort and that if you experience any kind of glitch in your plans there isn't much you can do about it. And even if the managemenet does do something nice, they make the traveler feel like it is an imposition to even ask for a favor. The place is clean. There is no dishwasher and no (absolutely ZERO) condiments for cooking. There is a coffee pot and a toaster. Bare bones on cooking utensils, pots and pans, dishes, and silverware. The glasses are very heavy and are all on the top shelves of the cabinets so not very convenient for anyone shorter than 5'8'" minimum. The staff does make the bed daily and changes the towels if you want them to. I suppose that if the situation would have been handled differently I would feel better about this whole thing - but we have always had such good results with our resort selections all over the world and it never occured to me that I would be treated like an imposition just because I couldn't climb stairs one time in my life.

Room Tip: Be sure you don't have any kind of emergency/change of plans/illness because you will have a har...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
13  Thank ColoradoCouple79
BeachsideManagement, General Manager at Beachside Village, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay at our resort. We do care very much for our guests and owners vacation experience here at Beachside. Please let me take a few moments to explain how our resort property functions. We are a small resort, which has only twenty seven units. These units are affiliated with three exchange companies, (Diamond, RCI, and Interval International) as well as owners that return year after year, and owners who put their units up for rental. Unfortunately due to our size and obligations every unit, each week belongs to either an owner or is with an exchange company. We must hold each room available for whichever entity it belongs to, therefore not allowing us the luxury of deciding who stays in which unit. The rooms are spoken for a year or more in advance in almost all cases. Whichever exchange company or owner the room belongs to, we must keep it as that. Therefore making it next to impossible to change rooms upon check-in. For a list of things that are included in each unit, please visit our website or your exchange companies website.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Love Beachside. We own a one bedroom first floor ocean front unit the end of September. It has a 3 season porch and a patio too. The cape is quieter in September but all the restaurants, shops and golf courses are still open. The management was not putting money into it for awhile but now they are and they are doing lots of upgrades. I now work in a school system so I need to sell my unit or rent part of the week. :(

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have oceanview of some sort. There is limited parking.It is for guest only. The pe...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HopkintonMALilyH
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I went to check it out and I like it so much now I am a owner of a 1 bedroom unit . All I got do is walk a cross the street to beach you a place to get snacks and out side shower. People work thier all great work to work with . Katy was very helpful to me getting all info to me what I need to know .

Room Tip: Call first and ask for ocean view .
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Allen L
Reviewed August 24, 2011

BSV is by far one of the best vacation locations in Falmouth! The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and makes you want to come back time after time. I love the pool and how the beach is right across the street. This is the place to be.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank SurfDrive
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Although some units are part of a timeshare prop., nothing is pushed on you at all...only stumbling block was that my fiance booked a "room for 4" without noting that we needed 2 bedrooms...so, we were stuck with one bedroom and a pullout couch (imagine the worst!) in the livngroom/small kitchen area. He has tons of points, so that wasn't the problem...however, once there & we discovered the problem, there was no changing to a better room...we finally purchased a studio (smallest thing they had available) for the other couple for 2 nites...believe me, it was worth it!!

Katy & her fellow inn-keepers deserve kudos for trying to help..including accepting a package for us that we had shipped there. Also, housekeeping did a great job of coming in every day, and supplying us with clean towels, etc.

The location is great because it's right by the water...except that it was very cold, windy & rainy almost the entire time we were there...so, probably better in the summer!!

There's a washer & dryer on premise, so that's good. Vending machines in case you need a snack.

Note: If you arrive late as we did (thanks to yet again another airline snafoo!!), they will leave your key for you; but, you will only get the remotes for the TV when there is an actual person at the desk to check them out to you. Also, seriously, I've seen larger TV's in a hospital room!! The livingroom TV was mounted on the ceiling like in a hospital...and it has to be one of the smallest I've ever seen....the one in the bedroom was 25"...I know most guests would not be watching TV; but since the weather was bad, it became an "activity" at nite.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank gypsybaker

Thank you for your review of the resort. When you do make reservations through an exchange company, and you have to make changes, it must be done directly through the exchange company. The resort does not handle the points or any exchange reservation changes. We are glad that there was a rental unit open for your friends to stay in. We are glad to let you know that all rooms now have larger flat screen televisions for your viewing pleasure. Hope to see you back again and that the weather will be more cooperative next time!

Reviewed May 17, 2011

We have been going to Beachside Village for 9 years. The location is perfect for kids. Just walk across the street to the beach...no dragging tons of stuff because you just walk back. Could use more pinic tables. Located close enough to town to walk. Shopping, great restaurants. We have a great time no matter what. Grills available to cook with. Staff is available and friendly. We love Beachside Village

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank calberto2137
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Best things about resort
The location is perfect so close to beach and ferry to Martha's Vineyard is just a short ride. Loved the beach/cottage style decor and it was CLEAN!

Best attractions or restaurants nearby
Loved shopping on the main street of Falmouth. Lots of restaurants and grocery store is close by!

Review
The Views from the Master Bedroom, Living Room, and Outdoor Private Balcony (2 rocking chairs and a small table outside) is amazing! Every morning we watched the sun rise from our bedroom! Unit 25 is on the third floor and no elevator but well worth it for the million dollar views. We didn't request the deluxe 2 bedroom but they gave it to us. Our room had a huge bathtub w/jets and large window facing the beach, the bed directly faces 2 large windows so you can watch the sunrise, and in the corner was a fireplace. The master bathroom had a steam shower. The other room had twin beds (for our guests). The other full bath is next to living room and other bedroom. The living room consists of a sofabed (we didn't use) and dresser drawers. 3 tvs, a kitchen w/2 burners, large sink, large fridge, no oven, and all the items you need! We only ate breakfast at the condo and opt. to eat out the rest of the time. Had the famous chicken pie at Centerville Pie Co. as seen on Oprah (30 minute ride).
Lots of things to do but many places were closed at Martha's Vineyard after Oct.31st, but still lots of shops and fun exploring the island's beautiful landscape!
No timeshare presentation...just gave us a paper with info on weeks for sale.
Took us 1 1/2 hrs. to get to resort from Boston Airport.

***NOTE: Not all rooms have water views!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank 4,150
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
Inn on the Sound
Inn on the Sound
#2 of 9 in Falmouth

Been to Beachside Village? Share your experiences!