“expected fresh - fish & chips from frozen”

British Beer Company
Reserve with OpenTable
British Beer Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 167 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Your local British pub with an American address!
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We decided to go to the BBC for our final dinner in Falmouth. I was looking forward to the fish & chips - the fish that was listed in the menu as fresh haddock dipped in their beer batter. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered the fish comes in frozen. The fish was pasty and the batter tough. I asked the waitress and she confirmed this. The chips were also from frozen. My husband ordered the flat iron steak. He enjoyed the steak (although well done rather than medium) but the potatoes were from powder. If I wanted food from frozen & flakes I could have bought it from the frozen section of my grocery store & eaten for a lot less, not to mention the wait to be seated. I mentioned to the hostess that I had a complaint - that this is very misleading on the menu (actually dishonest). She shrugged her shoulders and said she will mention it to the kitchen. Any other 'British style' pub I have been to serves fresh dipped fish with fresh cut chips. I expected better in an area that prides itself in fresh seafood. Next time I will cross the street.

2  Thank mmv686

Reviewed July 22, 2011

The quahog app special was horrendous...like eating a softball...drinks were just ok...decent beer selection...steamers were super sandy...my husbands steak tips were not great...only saving grace was childs chicken fingers which came out promptly and she enjoyed...waitress didn't seem to know the menu at all..would not return again

2  Thank travelnut2009
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We ate at BBC the entire time we were on holiday in Falmouth recently and cannot fault the place. As you can imagine, it is often difficult to eat out with a small child however I have to say, BBC were so accomodating and we never felt that we were out of place wiht our little girl. They brought her colouring stuff, and her food came out as soon as it was done which gave us a chance to have a breather!! It was busy but we felt well looked after by the staff and were never wanting for anything. Drinks, food, service, view, location.. all excellent. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 30, 2011

Ate here on a week-nite when it was pouring rain and the place was still packed! We ended up eatting in the bar and our server, Teddy, was friendly and efficient.

I would go back for the decor & atmosphere of the place alone. My fish & chips were less than stellar; but, my fiance's flat iron steak was good and the sides of spicy sweet potato were amazing.

1  Thank gypsybaker
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We eat out frequently, and when we want good pizza in the Falmouth area, British Beer Co. is the ONLY place that does it right. They LISTEN to what you want, and CARE that the pizza they make is EXACTLY what you want. REALLY.
The wait staff, especially Kate and Ashley and Meagan and others are just great waitresses - they CARE. We appreciate that, sincerely.
We are HUGELY particular pizza connoisseurs, at least twice a week, have had pizza everywhere we travel and where we live, and we know pizza when it's done correctly and well. British Beer Co. is THE place for pizza in Falmouth. Trust us.