“Left sour taste in my mouth”
Review of Pickle Jar Kitchen

Pickle Jar Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 166 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Wray, Colorado
“Left sour taste in my mouth”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were told from locals to eat breakfast here. Food was ok but service was poor. We were never offered the special which sounded wonderful-after we saw it at another table and asked what is was. Of course his was after our ordered had been put in and we never once got offered more water or coffee at which point we would have asked to make a change to our order. We were offered a gift certificate and apology but not living here the gift certificate was useless.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank agsusang

Massachusetts, USA
“great lunch place in Falmouth”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Discovered this place when visiting Falmouth with our adult children over the summer--loved it. Went back on a weekend with my book club--and we all loved it. Great selections of sandwiches, soups, and salads. And the pickles are divine.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank penel523
Boston
“Good breakfast in Falmouth”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This summer we spent a week in the Woods Hole/Falmouth area. Found this breakfast spot. Good food, nice atmosphere, and great energy. Would definitely return here if in the area.

• Visited August 2013
“Order the breakfast!! Or the soups!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Such an adorable place. Great breakfast & good hearty soup particularly the squash soup! For the price though it should come with a corn muffin or roll. The breakfast are perfect and hold you till dinner. The service however is very very slow. Breakfast took 45 minutes for the 3 of us to receive and we were famished. Coffee was refilled frequently with a smile though & it's delicious! Enjoy!

Vandalia, Illinois
“Healthy Haven”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Charming place and just the thing for a health nut such as I. On day one we sat in the front window seat that was hollowed out to form to your derriere overlooking a huge stained glass of a pickle jar in the window. I ordered the Quinoa Tabbouleh Platter, first asking the waitress how big the order would be. Decided not to do the soup; but I did finish the whole platter, much to her surprise. It was a combination of roasted tomatoes and white bean hummus, marinated olives and mushrooms, goat cheese, fresh baby arugula and grilled lavash. I was in hog's heaven. My husband satisfied himself with a Boursin BLT Sammy of pecan wood-smoked bacon, roasted tomatoes and a variety of lettuce between sourdough bread slathered with the Boursin cheese. The next day we sat outside along the storefront and people watched while devouring fried pickles and two different soups as an appetizer. I had my heart set on the chicken, quinoa, kale; but when I learned that the soup of the day was fresh mushroom, I ordered both. Absolutely outstanding with all the ingredients in both so fresh and tasty. My husband ordered a similar lavash platter that I had the day before in a smaller portion while I had the roasted beet, spiced pecans, goat cheese salad over baby arugula with a white mustard vinaigrette. To die for. I was full to the brim, but my husband was intrigued with the Nobska Light lavash wrap of thinly sliced pastrami cured salmon with herb dressing, mixed greens, pea shoots, and shaved fennel. He downed the first in no time. The second went home with us. Had we discovered this place earlier in the week, it would have been our choice for breakfast. The coffee was wonderful and just to our liking. Consider giving it a try, even if you don't care for rabbit food like I do. There are a variety of items on the menu that can please most everyone.

• Visited October 2013