“Just not quite worth it” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Seating
Dining options: Seating
Eastern MA
“Just not quite worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2010

We actually walked out of KK Codder's next door (see my review) and down the street to McMenamy's. We had breakfast at McMenamy's a year earlier and were impressed with the value, service, and food. Unfortunately, our dinner visit was very disappointing. Luckily we had been at KK Codder's just previously, and our expectations had nowhere to go but up. McMenamy's was OK, but not even as good as Seafood Sam's or The Clam Shack. It's just a fried seafood place, but somehow they manage to not do it very well. The coleslaw was old and soggy; the fish and chips were cold and soggy. But the prices were ghigher than most other places in town. Just not worth it.

Danni414
“Surprisingly fantastic food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

When my group walked into McMenamy's I thought it would be average at best. WRONG! The staff was remarkably kind, service had its hiccups but they were so nice it was forgotten!!! The food - amazing!! Because I thought it was a seafood restaurant, i was hestitant to order the pasta WRONG again! The pasta dishes, my friends said, were wonderful as was the seafood. Don't pass by this place like we almost did!! We had planned to eat at The Upperdeck but after they told us they couldn't accomodate our party of 9 for "at least an hour if at all" we felt that was kind of rude and moved on to McMenamys where we were delighted with the service and food!!!

chicago
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

We chose this place after the Boathouse ran out of lobsters. Clam chowder was pretty good but all the fried food was on the greasy side. Reminds me of a seafood McDonalds.

Upstate NY
“Great food and service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

We wandered into this place pretty late. It was close to 10. Like Seafood Sams you order your food at the counter find a table and they call you when your food is ready. Realizing that our group of 7 had no clue what we wanted the girl said we could grab a seat and look over a menu and she would be over to wait on us. Mind you this girl was not a waitress and she really went out of her way to accommodate us.

We were seated outside and she took good care of us.

Baked stuffed lobster was $17. It was probably a 1 lb lobster stuffed with ritz crumbs shrimp and scallops. I was actually really good. The tail meat was nice and tender, better than the $25 lobster I had a few nights prior.

The lobster took longer to prepare than we were told when we ordered it but we did order 6 of them. So I'm sure that may have added to the wait. A very minor complaint.

Falmouth, Massachusetts
“I don't have anything good to say about the food or the service and ambiance.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2008

I don't have anything good to say about the food or the service and ambiance.