“Always a good choice”

Ranked #67 of 165 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Pub
“Always a good choice”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've never had anything but good food here in 9 years. The turkey dinner and tropical chicken salads are my favorites.

Visited October 2012

Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Tasteless food - ok service”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

It is not the 99 it used to be. The menu is poor and the service is lacking. It always seems to have customers though. Maybe I am missing something!

Visited August 2012
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Good, inexpensive family resturant”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Great service, prices, quality of food...also great drinks...have take out and a sports bar eat-in atmosphere.

Visited December 2011
Venice, Florida
“Not where this local eats......anymore”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have actually been here quite a few times due to it being a favorite spot for luncheon meetings at my old job (my boss loved this place! the rest of us in the office didnt.) and when they first opened lots of people i knew wanted to go. I have been back a few times in the past couple of years, the last time being a few months ago with my wife and friends of ours. It will probably be the last time, I would rather go to Friendly's so I can at least get a fribble.

The only good thing about the 99 is it took over the IHOP that I got food poisoning at twice.

The food is mediocre at best, and they cant make a burger to save their lives. Its either raw and cold in the middle or well done. Whats the point of asking how you want your burger when you really only have 2 choices. My brother just went the other day lunch and he told me they dont even ask what temp anymore. So I guess that solves that problem, well done for everyone.

The rest of the menu is basic bar food, same sort of stuff you find at friendly's or denny's (without the breakfast items) .

The seafood is a joke, frozen, sysco bought shrimp and fish. If your not even going to try to get it right on a place like Cape Cod dont do it. If your going to offer a fish and chip, or shrimp basket dont do it unless its fresh or your 1000 miles from the nearest ocean. The sandwiches are ok, the burgers are ok, the apps are ok.

The wait staff is ok, on busy nights you can be forgotten easily. I got a cup of Broccoli Cheddar soup last time and it had that burned taste to it. It took 10 minutes to get our waitresses attention and then after she apologized and took it back. We never saw her again til we got our entrees. I told her not to worry about it I would just eat my entree, but when we got the check it was still on it. It took another 20 min to get it removed and get a new check.

One warning, DO NOT go the day after the Red Sox win a game. Kids eat free when this happens and its like going into a Chucky Cheese during happy hour. So much screaming and noise, and parents fighting with waitstaff because they didnt realize only one kid gets the free meal out of their party of 8.

One other thing The parking is horrendous!! Its not uncommon for you to back out of a spot, only to have someone pull in the wrong way and then sit and stare at you like your going to magically float over them.

• Visited June 2011
Eastern MA
“This is where the locals are”
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Everyone in town ends up at 99 sooner or later. Yes it's a chain, but the food is decent and the value is OK. The service is usually very good. One nice promotion they have is that when the Red Sox win, kids eat free (one kid per adult in the party). It's like Friendly's, but with a little more fun, better appetizers, and beer.