“Great food, nice atmosphere”
Review of La Cucina Sul Mare

La Cucina Sul Mare
Ranked #17 of 167 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is the best Italian food I have found on the Cape. Not quite the north end of Boston, but very good. Have been going there for years, and find the wait staff to be pleasant and friendly, and the same faces year after year. There is a long bar on one side, with some tables - a very nice pub like atmosphere. On the other side (the original side before they expanded a couple years ago) they have a large seating area which I find to be more cozy for a pleasant dinner atmosphere. My only complaint is one hostess, a younger pudgy blond girl, who is not always as accommodating and friendly as you would expect to encounter - after a rood encounter this past weekend I may not return. It's a shame, I am a year rounder, with lots of friends and we all talk.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

My boyfriend and I have eaten here twice: once for dinner and once for lunch. Skip lunch and just dine here for dinner. Lunch was kind of lackluster for us and you'll get more bang for your buck at dinner. Their bread and garlic spread is yummy. Definitely try the lobster ravioli. It's beyond amazing. And don't forget the tiramisu!! Great service and atmosphere.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had a great time on our first visit, so went back on our last night. This was a Saturday. We went in the afternoon to put our name down. However, when we came back (early) we had to wait for 55 minutes. Lots of locals, who had clearly not booked, came along while we were waiting and were given tables before us. This spoiled our memories a little.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We ate here on the 16th April and were seated in the bar area of the restaurant.The televisions above the bar were all playing differing sports - not conducive to an Italian atmosphere !.We had to send the minestrone soup back as it was cold and the entrees were very bland and the portions were enormous .We were a party of four visiting Boston and Cape Cod and were unanimous that this was the worst meal we had all trip. I had the Chicken Alfredo and it was very bland and stodgy.It was very disappointing as every other meal we had in Falmouth was very good..

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Had not been here in a while as I felt there were better Italian options in the area. When a group of friends suggested here for dinner, figured I'd give it another shot, but it did not change my mind. The sauce was just ok, and the chicken dish was not very flavorful with a bland cheese covering it ( and it was not chicken parm! Or at least, was not supposed to be!) there are lots of Italian options in town. Try a few of the others, then decide.