“poor food - worse atmosphere”
Review of La Cucina Sul Mare

La Cucina Sul Mare
Ranked #14 of 164 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“poor food - worse atmosphere”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We ate here on the 16th April and were seated in the bar area of the restaurant.The televisions above the bar were all playing differing sports - not conducive to an Italian atmosphere !.We had to send the minestrone soup back as it was cold and the entrees were very bland and the portions were enormous .We were a party of four visiting Boston and Cape Cod and were unanimous that this was the worst meal we had all trip. I had the Chicken Alfredo and it was very bland and stodgy.It was very disappointing as every other meal we had in Falmouth was very good..

• Visited April 2014

“Food was "just ok"”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Had not been here in a while as I felt there were better Italian options in the area. When a group of friends suggested here for dinner, figured I'd give it another shot, but it did not change my mind. The sauce was just ok, and the chicken dish was not very flavorful with a bland cheese covering it ( and it was not chicken parm! Or at least, was not supposed to be!) there are lots of Italian options in town. Try a few of the others, then decide.

• Visited December 2013
“Outstanding Italian”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

La Cucina is the VERY BEST !! The food is fresh and delicious!! The presentation is superb. The staff is fabulous!! What else can I rave about ? Oh Yes, the owners/chef are a wonderful family!! They do it all and Very Well!!!!

• Visited January 2014
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Won't Be Going Back........”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This used to be my favorite Italian restaurant, outside of Boston. I used to be amazed at what a good job they did on everything! I had not been in a few years, and I slipped in one afternoon with my girlfriend for my favorite.... veal marsala. There were only two tables of customers including us, and the bartender was the only one waiting on people. She made us wait for a full 10 minutes before she came over, while she gabbed with the one regular at the bar. I was happy to see the veal marsala was available. But when it came, I was really disappointed to see that the veal was tough as cardboard (severely overcooked) and the marsala sauce tasted like it came out of a bottle. After waiting another 20 minutes before the bartender decided to grace us with her presence, we ordered tiramisu hoping it would rid our palates of the poor veal marsala entree. What arrived for dessert was the stickiest, gooiest, worst excuse of tiramisu that I had ever seen anywhere. We could not get out of the door fast enough!!! Needless to say, this restaurant has slipped immensely from where it used to be, and we will not be going back.

• Visited February 2014
jtbldb
“Awesome Food And Service”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Warning! ! This place is soooo good and the portions are soooo big that you will leave feeling like one of the famous New England whales you might see in Cape Cod! I had the shrimp and scallop scampi with angel hair pasta. The scallops were huge and cooked perfectly. The shrimp were delicious and the sauce was out of this world. My friend had the eggplant dish. She loved it..and she was smarter than I.. taking home half for the next day. The service was perfect as well. Highly recommend!