“Food was "just ok"”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“Food was "just ok"”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Had not been here in a while as I felt there were better Italian options in the area. When a group of friends suggested here for dinner, figured I'd give it another shot, but it did not change my mind. The sauce was just ok, and the chicken dish was not very flavorful with a bland cheese covering it ( and it was not chicken parm! Or at least, was not supposed to be!) there are lots of Italian options in town. Try a few of the others, then decide.

• Visited December 2013

“Outstanding Italian”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

La Cucina is the VERY BEST !! The food is fresh and delicious!! The presentation is superb. The staff is fabulous!! What else can I rave about ? Oh Yes, the owners/chef are a wonderful family!! They do it all and Very Well!!!!

• Visited January 2014
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Won't Be Going Back........”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This used to be my favorite Italian restaurant, outside of Boston. I used to be amazed at what a good job they did on everything! I had not been in a few years, and I slipped in one afternoon with my girlfriend for my favorite.... veal marsala. There were only two tables of customers including us, and the bartender was the only one waiting on people. She made us wait for a full 10 minutes before she came over, while she gabbed with the one regular at the bar. I was happy to see the veal marsala was available. But when it came, I was really disappointed to see that the veal was tough as cardboard (severely overcooked) and the marsala sauce tasted like it came out of a bottle. After waiting another 20 minutes before the bartender decided to grace us with her presence, we ordered tiramisu hoping it would rid our palates of the poor veal marsala entree. What arrived for dessert was the stickiest, gooiest, worst excuse of tiramisu that I had ever seen anywhere. We could not get out of the door fast enough!!! Needless to say, this restaurant has slipped immensely from where it used to be, and we will not be going back.

• Visited February 2014
jtbldb
“Awesome Food And Service”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Warning! ! This place is soooo good and the portions are soooo big that you will leave feeling like one of the famous New England whales you might see in Cape Cod! I had the shrimp and scallop scampi with angel hair pasta. The scallops were huge and cooked perfectly. The shrimp were delicious and the sauce was out of this world. My friend had the eggplant dish. She loved it..and she was smarter than I.. taking home half for the next day. The service was perfect as well. Highly recommend!

Wells, Maine
“A great new find in Falmouth”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Was in town visiting and decided to dine at La Cucina. I was very impressed from the time I entered. The restaurant was cozy and the tables were beautifully set. Our server Carrie, was very professional and explained all the specials in detail. I had the Eggplant Parm, and friends enjoyed the Almond Encrusted Salmon as well as the Veal Parm. We all shared the incredible salad of greens, cranberries, macadamia nuts and goat cheese....I would recommend this dining establishment to any and all. Want to send a "big up" to Eric in the kitchen, A job well done by the Jamaican Bobsled Team! We dined Friday, February 21st, 2014

• Visited February 2014