“Great Saturday night dinner”
Review of La Cucina Sul Mare

La Cucina Sul Mare
Ranked #19 of 169 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We enjoyed a very good meal here on Saturday evening. The amazing part was the special salad. It was a very large portion of field greens, served with a warm vinegrette dressing, macadamia nuts, and goat cheese. The portion was large enough to feed the four of us. What a delicious salad! Also, the main entrees were very good. My husband had the sausage with rapini and orchiette, I had the chicken marsala, and my daughter and friend had the special chicken (Napoleon).. very good! Prices here are a little high though. That's why I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent upscale Italian food at reasonable prices for this level of quality and service. We sat outside under a tent on a warm summer night and had a lovely meal. Very pretty inside the restaurant itself, and they did pipe in soothing background music in the tent. Short but comprehensive wine list with a nice selection available by the glass. We tried both special salads; they were delicious and were large enough to be shared. Soup was nicely seasoned (not too salty). Oysters Rockefeller were excellent. Everyone enjoyed their entrees, especially the chicken parmigiana and the lobster and asparagus ravioli. The linguini with clam sauce showed off the freshness of the local clams. As you can see, many of the pasta dishes take advantage of local seafood, so you can "have you cake and eat it too" by going Italian on Cape Cod. Portions were large enough that many entrees went unfinished despite their appeal, so there is a chance to enjoy leftovers if you have cooking facilities available. All in all a wonderful downtown alternative to yet another seafood shack.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We've been coming to the cape on vacation for years but we are usually disappointed with mediocre food that is far overpriced. We have no problem paying for a great meal, but paying for "meh" is another issue. La Cucina Sul Mare is an excellent value with excellent food. Lunch portions are huge. We had a cheese pizza for our two kids to share and we took home leftovers. They gave it two thumbs up. My husband had the meatball sandwich with the homemade sweet potato fries, and he raved. I tried the fries and sandwich too - delicious. He had minestrone soup as an appetizer and i had the lobster bisque, and we both knew we had a winner and looked forward to the main dish. The lobster bisque was to -die -for. My main was the best BLT I've ever had with incredible, thick slices of Bacon, and juicy in -season tomatoes that tasted like they were grown in the backyard. Highly recommended!

1  Thank htorre
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My fiancé and I had a great time in La Cucina. We sat at the bar because we enjoy friendly conversation, had a great time meeting new people. The service was excellent and the food very good, especially the oysters. We will be back in August!

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

There are a lot restaurants in Falmouth on Main St but this place serves good traditional Italian food at decent prices. The Chicken Neopolitan was fabulous and the cheap wines very acceptable.

1  Thank Ellie B