“Rude management raw cheeseburger”
Review of Oysters Too

Oysters Too
Ranked #31 of 164 Restaurants in Falmouth
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1992 Oysters Too has been serving fresh seafood along with a nice selection of steaks, chicken, salads and pasta dishes. We make our own stocks and soups and you can taste the difference. Most of our entrees include a salad, fresh vegetable and choice of potato. Our atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing, casual dress is fine. In cooler months we have fireplaces in two dining rooms. On weekends enjoy the piano music of our talented players while dining or simply with your favorite beverage in the lounge.
Hyannis, Massachusetts
“Rude management raw cheeseburger”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Ordered a cheese burger..was cold and raw in middle..ate around edges because I was starving..complained to owner and he was nasty and rude. It was only 11$ he could have split it with me but he said the burger was fine...I couldn't believe how money hungry they are. I said sir forget it I will just never come back! Such bad service...and the wait was nearly a hour for a raw cheese burger...our total bill was $140....unbelievably bad service.

• Visited May 2013
BobEastFalmouth, Owner at Oysters Too, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
My name is Bob and I am the owner of Oysters Too. I'll provide the full details of the complaint mentioned in this review.

The party in question, 2 adults and 2 children, dined at the restaurant Friday, May 3rd. They ordered 2 sodas, 3 glasses of wine, 1 order of clams casino, 1 caesar salad, 2 cups of chowder, 1 childrens dinner of linguini with marinara sauce, 1 lobster roll (served with french fries and cole slaw) 1 baked stuffed shrimp dinner (served with potato and fresh vegetable) and 1 hamburger, ordered medium (served with french fries and cole slaw).

The bill for the above came to $118.61 + tax of $8.31.

When the party was ready for their bill the waitress approached me and mentioned the gentleman at the table wanted his hamburger removed from the bill because it was under-cooked in the middle. The center part of the hamburger was all that remained, perhaps 2 or 3 bites, what remained was pink, indicating a hamburger cooked medium. I asked the server how it was ordered, she said it was ordered medium. I also asked if she (the server) asked how the customers how everything was shortly after serving the meals. She said she did. I asked if the gentleman mentioned at that time if anything was wrong with the hamburger, she said no.

I then told the server we can't take the hamburger off the check for two reasons, the hamburger was in fact cooked medium, (I showed the remaining portion to serveral employees and they all agreed) and secondly that the customer nerver mentioned anything wrong with the way the hamburger was cooked. If the customer mentioned , despite how it was cooked, that they wanted it cooked a little more it would have very easy to do if he had mentioned it when the server inquired how everything was in the beginning of the meal.

After the server informed the customer that we would not remove the cost of the hamburg from the meal she mentioned to me that the customer was quite upset.

I went to the table to talk to the party. They mentioned they thought the hamburger was under-cooked in the middle. I said that I had looked at the meal in full light (dining room is more dimly lit) and that in fact the hamburg was pink in the middle. I also asked if he said anything to the server about not being satisfied in the beginning of the meal when she asked how everything was. He said he did not because he was hungry and didn't want to wait for another hamburger to be cooked.

I was never rude to the party, I simply went to the table, inquired about the complaint and explained the restaurants decision. I never said anything derogatory and never raised my voice. It is a complete fabrication to say that I was rude.

When we have made a mistake we gladly remove a meal from a cutomers check. We don't, however, when the complaint isn't mentioned until after the meal is done and upon inspection the remaining portion was cooked as ordered.

I invite the readers of this site to review all our raeviews to get a true indication of he we operate the restaurant.

Bob K. - Owner

Boston, Massachusetts
“Go early, the early bird specials are great”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

For $16.95 you get to taste the great food of Oysters for a great price. You can have a soup or salad, a selection of great entrees, coffee and a choice of 2 desserts. The staff is friendly, the restaurant has a nice ambiance, and we usually try to go at least once a week to take advantage of the good deal.

• Visited April 2013
California
“Great Cape Experience.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner on a Saturday night. Waited over an hour for a table. At least the bar was good. Decent prices for wine. Food was good, piano guy was great, atmosphere also great, service ehhh.. Prices about $25 per plate for dinner.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Rita T
Laurel, DE
“Wonderful Early Bird Specials”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We loved this restaurant. It was inviting, plenty of seating, very clean and the food was incredible. We ate there on 2 separate occasions in one week and both meals were superb. Highly recommend the early bird specials for early eaters. You can't beat the price and the food was va-va-voom!!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 75Moose
Falmouth, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“our favorite place”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We go to Oysters Too nearly every week because we always feel at home there and the food is wonderful. They have the best bartenders in the area, the atmosphere is cozy, the piano is perfect, and the wait staff and owner are so friendly and remember what you like. Some of our favorites on the menu: prime rib, sole Menemsha, seafood broil, herb-roasted scallops. Whether you dine by the fire or at the bar, you can relax, knowing you'll be cared for in every way.

• Visited January 2013