“Good food, good service”

Quarterdeck Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 162 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, MA
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Last year, 2012, my husband had here "the best lobster in his life". He must have said it a dozen time during the meal... He's been eating lobsters fro 48 years... so when he kept saying that, I knew it meant a lot !

We found ourselves in Falmouth this year again, 2013, so of course we went back. No lobster this time, but the fish and scallops we had were very good. Not outstanding, but basic good for the Cape - fresh, good size portions, with all the classic sides.

Service was friendly and fast, atmosphere a little old-ish style... but great value. Come hungry!

• Visited July 2013

“Popped in and enjoyed it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We were exploring the town and decided to stop in for an appetizer and a drink. Got lucky with getting a seat at the bar and the bartender was very nice. The decor is dark but authentic of an old bar, we enjoyed it!!! Would definitely go back!!!!

Visited August 2013
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG...the service could not have been worse.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife an I are in town for a wedding. With three children, we go out infrequently, but with the children with Nana and Bubba ( my in laws) in Chicago, the next 4 days are to be a vacation for the two of us.

We ate here tonight. I had read reviews online and looked the menu prior to arriving. The wait was approx. 40 minutes, which was fine. However, the rest of the evening was regrettable. From the time we were seated, it was a good 10 minutes before the server came to great us. Another 10 minutes passed before our drinks arrived, and the server left so quickly we couldn't order anything. When she finally came back, we ordered an appetizer of oysters on the half shell and she then disappeared again. The oysters came 20 minutes later and we finally ordered. (40 minutes after being seated)

When the food came out, our server set it down and disappeared yet again. The room was not terribly busy, and I really don't know what she could have possibly been doing. The found itself was fine, but the service completely ruined the meal.

I was a server for many years while in college and grad school, and perhaps she was having a bad night. However, I was quite disappointed, and will need to do a bit more inquiring before tomorrow's meals in order to find more suitable choices.

1 Thank WisconsinFoodie1976
Montreal, Canada
“Stuffed, Baked Lobster so good ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went there for lunch during our stay in Falmouth. We had about a 20 minute wait which wasn't too bad. We were six adults and everything we had was so good. The crab cake is the best we've every had. Our friends had the stuffed mushrooms, calamari and bacon wrap scallops - no complaints ... Our main dishes were very tasty as well. My boyfriend and I had the lobster ... He had the boiled and I had the stuffed/backed. My stuffed/baked lobster was so good. My boyfriend enjoyed his lobster at the time but mentioned later that it seemed a little under cooked. He had a little bit of a stomach ache later on in the evening. All in all we had a wonderful experience and would definitely eat there again.

“Could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Let me start my saying, it was in season, our wait was one hour. We had a nice seat the atmosphere was good. The waitress came over right away and took our drink order then returned and took our food order. After the meal arrived at the table we never saw the waitress again. Our drinks ran out and the salad was dry; we would have asked for more dressing if she would have returned. We squirted lemon juice on the salad to moisten it up. One of our forks had dried food on it. All in all the food was average the service could have been better.