“New Years Eve”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Food is always good, and we like the diverse menu. I saw a review that stated the wait was long - HINT: Although they do not take reservations, you can call ahead with a time and they will put your name on the list. So when you do get there they will move you to the top of the list. Both times we did this we had time to get a drink at the bar, and by the time we had just about finished our cocktail, we were seated.
This time they had some nice New Years eve specials - Prime Rib, Lobster, and I got the linguine with clams and mussels in white wine sauce. My wife had a nice piece of fish.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I grew up on Cape Cod and as a result, I have very high expectations for my chowdah and lobstah rolls. Quarterdecks offerings were among the best I've ever had. In addition to their outstanding food, the service is really fabulous. My two sisters, our eight children and I came in for lunch after our father's funeral at the Massachusetts National Cemetery one cold winter afternoon. While the restaurant was very full, the hostess was exceptionally understanding, kind and helpful, Our children were not well behaved -- I'll be the first to admit it. They'd had a very "un-kid" morning. Yet, all of the employees at the restaurant tried their best -- brought extra oyster crackers, drink cups with caps, looked the other way when the youngest kept getting out of his high chair. I genuinely appreciate their kindness on a day when we really needed it. We will most certainly be back and look forward to both their good nature and their good food!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Quarterdeck has been around a long time and almost every night has a crowd, mostly of older folks. The food is consistently good and a good value. The reason I only gave it an average rating is the decor. It is so dated, dark and depressing. The back room is old dark wood - I guess you are supposed to feel like you are under a ships deck - but a lighter wood - maybe more of a teak look might brighten up the place and keep new customers coming.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

If you like local seafood and fried food, they have it! Burgers here are also very good. Have been here a few times but at the last visit the oysters were tasteless and the service left a bit to be desired. This is a very popular place, and usually has a waiting list in summer so maybe I just hit an off-day

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I ate here on Dec 28, 2012 ... a busy Friday evening during holiday week. Because we called ahead and gave our name, we were seated within 10 minutes of our arrival. Our table in the back of the restaurant was quiet and great for conversation (the scene up front near the bar was livelier and much louder). We loved the decor, meant to resemble below decks in an old sailing ship, and our waitress Whitney couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Even though our meals took a while to arrive, they were definitely worth the wait. I had coconut encrusted halibut which was superb! The fish was mild, moist, and sweet, and the topping and sauce were absolutely decadent. The friendly atmosphere was engaging, too ... lots of locals chatting with staff and visiting each other's tables. We highly recommend this restaurant ... but definitely advise you to call ahead during busy times!