“CheriR_11”

Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Falmouth
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Boris and his helpful, friendly staff are a welcomed addition to our town. I always bring friends from other Cape Towns to the bakery. The food is ALWAYS fresh and delicious. A “healthy “ treat, for sure.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 5, 2019

The best boulangerie patisserie I have ever been in the USA . A must go. You will never be disappointed . The quality, service and value for money is outstanding.
It doesn’t get better in my opinion. Boris the owner is very talented and always welcome you with a smile. He use the highest quality raw ingredients for all his breads, viennoiseries, pâtisseries and sandwiches. Their soups are also of the highest quality and are delicious. We often purchase their sandwiches and they are delicious and again value for money they are the best. They have a great selection of gateaux , individuals patisseries, cookies, meringues and many more. One of my favorite is the Fraisier and the passion fruit gâteau. The cranberry bread is also my favorite and the fougasse.
Everything looks so appetizing and the selection is unbelievable. The croissants selection and brioches are also excellent. The petit pain is also a must try.
At Christmas time you must try theirs bûches de Noel . The most creatives and delicious bûches de Noel we have ever eaten. Différents flavors and they looked like a piece of art . Looks too good to eat!
I also enjoy eating your bread and pastries at Sea Crest restaurant and also at theirs ballroom holiday brunches.
The service is also outstanding. Colleen is an outstanding employee. She had been working at the Boulangerie Patisserie for many many years and she always welcome you with a smile. She is very kind, very genuine and always make you feel welcome.
Valentin the other French Boulanger is also very professional , welcoming and bakes great bread.
The Boulangerie pâtisserie laboratoire is open plan and you can see all the bakers working in front of you. Some are doing some preparations and usually Boris the owner or Valentin are baking the bread in front of you while you are waiting to be served.
The pâtisserie display case is very clean, has a great selection and everything is very clearly explained with a description and price of each items on a white label.
The front of the house staff wears very clean and crisps uniforms. They are always very nicely dressed and have their hairs up and they wears gloves to handle the food. They all are smiling and looks like they are truly enjoying their job.
Even under pressure when the place gets very busy in the summer they are always very composed and calm and this quality applied to the back of the house also.
Talking about the back of the house the large work preparation area is spotless and it is so clean you could eat off the floor! The baking ovens and the other pieces of cooking equipments are spotless and extra clean. All the stainless steel pieces of equipments are shinny and looks brand new.
The boulangers and pâtissiers are all well dressed in cleaned and crisp uniforms. They are all wearing hats and works very clean, very efficiently , very focused and works in a very clean and calm environment. The aroma and the smell coming out of the ovens is wonderful and makes you hungry.
Yes in the summer and during the holidays and especially during the week end the lines can be long but it is worth every minutes . Do not let the wait make you leave. You will regret it. I can assure you that it would be a mistake. Trust me.
I have been a customer of Maison Villatte since they have been open several years ago and each time I go back to the Cape my first trip is to Maison Villatte. Each time Boris, Colleen, Valentin and some other members of this wonderful team remember me and my family and welcome us back with a big smile . They are the kindest people you will ever meet in your life.
And off course when leaving the Cape and flying back home I fill up my suitcase with an assortment of their wonderful breads. The pastries don’t make it home and we ate them before we fly out of Boston.
Boris, Colleen, Valentin and all the wonderful Maison Villatte employees I want to thank you for your hospitality and the great job you do. Your product is the BEST and you are all the BEST. Keep up the good work and see you soon
A regular and very faithful customers . Keep up the good work and wishing you all the best.

Date of visit: March 2019
3  Thank roger m
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful pastries. Lunch, desserts, they have it all. Came suggest by friends and it was spot on. We had lunch, then dessert as we watched others enjoying the scrumptious pastries. Well worth the trip. Eating outside the box is nice.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019

We have travelled a fair amount through the US and Europe. We have found no bakery/patisserie that is any better than Maison Villatte. All the breads are superb (great baguettes and their cereal bread is our favorite). The individual pastries are worth the drive to Falmouth to sample (we love the tarts and the sandwiches). Fun way to start your day with a coffee and a croissant here.

Only drawback is that they are often so busy, it takes a while to get served.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

How can Insay anything negative about Cafe Vilatte except that far too many people know about it which makes it rather busy, especially in the summer months!

Date of visit: February 2019