“Slooooooooooooow”
Review of Jimmy Brown's Cafe - CLOSED

Jimmy Brown's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I could have gone to the grocery store, made and seasoned patties, and grilled and eaten them by the time we got our food at Jimmy Brown's. The excuse from the waitress was that everything is made fresh. An hour and a half for a "fresh" burger??? 15 minutes to get a couple of draft beers??? An extra $1.50 for a side salad composed of two pieces of lettuce and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds??? The burgers were good, not great, so sorry, Jimmy, we won't be back.

2  Thank Lisa941
There are newer reviews for Jimmy Brown's Cafe

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This location has had dump after dump of restaurants coming in and out of business. I've always heard bad reviews of every place that's there. Finally, we saw yet another place set up shop at this cursed location and skeptically went to check it out. What a great surprise! It was AMAZING food. We had the fritters for an appetizer and then gourmet burgers that come with really good fries but to-die-for onion rings. The meat was really high-quality and the ingredients were fresh. I am hoping that this one doesn't get the curse that every other place has. I wonder if it's the location or if it was really the food that affected customers. This one's definitely a keeper. The only down side was the prices. Usually, for lunch, I like having a burger for ten bucks, max. But 12 dollars for a burger, but drinks or apps, ends up being a 20 dollar lunch, which is more towards what I'd expect to pay for dinner. For that reason, though the food is excellent, I probably wouldn't go back there for a casual lunch more than every few months. An unfortunate thing, too - because if it was a bit cheaper I'd go more frequently.

4  Thank F C
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is the first time in this location that my husband and I feel this place is a keeper. The food was delicious and the family-run service was friendly and professional. Lots of choices at reasonable prices, great for a group for everyone to be happy. Also, like the atmosphere as not noisy even though busy and the place was very clean and comfortable. Looking forward to coming back.

3  Thank travcritic
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Went to Jimmy's on the reviews from trip advisors,,,glad I did,,,vacationing in Falmouth for a few days, went in on a tue around noon,,not a lot of people, so it was quiet, just how I like it,,,waitress very friendly and efficient, menu extensive but not so that you were afraid that with so many choices, how could things be fresh,,,, I ordered a hamburger, cooked to my liking, on a toasted brioche bun, delicious, with home cut shoe string fries, which were very good,,,my husband ordered a BLT on flatbread with a side salad of mixed greens, very nice to see it wasn't the cheap iceberg lettuce, he enjoyed very much,,we are water drinkers, so it kept our bill somewhat reasonable, about $21.00, a little steep, I agree, but well worth for the food, staff and cleanliness of the place. I would definitely recommend this place for lunch and I'm looking forward to go back and trying desserts.

1  Thank Helen M
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

What a great find. The food is AMAZING!!! Everything is homemade and delicious. The bar was so comfortable, and the bartender was terrific. The locals are rooting for this place to make it!!! We'll certainly be back for more - at least weekly.

1  Thank Landing56