“Home Away From Home”
Review of Mariner Motel

Mariner Motel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed August 22, 2006

This quaint motel is located in the heart of fascinating Falmouth. You’re within walking distance of great shops, fantastic restaurants and the Falmouth Commodores baseball team home field.
The friendly and helpful staff at the Mariner prides themselves in making your stay an enjoyable one.
During my visit, I got to know the proprietors Bob, Karen and Matt along with many of their friends who would stop by throughout the day to get a fresh cup of coffee in the office. I was really made to feel at home during my two week stay. Later in the summer, my son visited the Cap and stayed at the Mariner as well. Although his visit was shorter, he had a great time and was also made welcome.
Frankly this is not a new motel but not many are in the Cap. It's clean, quiet and comfortable with a friendly staff and I plan on staying there again next summer when I visit the Cap.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Mariner Motel

Reviewed August 20, 2006

Our recent stay at the Mariner Motel in Falmouth, MA was very pleasant. We found the proprietors very accommodating and informative. The room was very clean and the pool was always available when we were not sightseeing or shopping. The location is ideal, close to shopping, restaurants, beaches, and ferry to islands. We plan to go back in September for another stay.
We give it *****.

1  Thank peachw
Reviewed August 14, 2006

I just don't understand the bad reviews that some people have submitted about this motel. I guess some people are simply going to be miserable and you can't please them matter what you do. Let me tell you about what to expect from the Mariner:

1) Cleanliness: This is among the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed. The rooms are almost antiseptically spotless. The linens and the beds appear to be brand new. The bathrooms are simply sparkling. On a scale of one to ten, the Mariner rates a ten!

2) Noise: Or better put, lack thereof. The Mariner is right on a main street yet you cannot hear any traffic at all. The building is sturdy and the walls isolate most everything.

3) Amenities: You get a refrigerator with plenty of room to store a few days' worth of provisions. Someone spoke of a “dorm fridge." What more do you need when you're traveling? A walk in freezer?

4) Location: You're situated in the middle of everything, with the beach on one end and downtown Falmouth on the other. Everything is within walking distance. Ferry tickets are available at the front desk and the ferry terminal itself is within walking distance.

5) Management: This is a family-owned and operated business. The owners are hospitable and great conversationalists. I stay at the Mariner every year and Bob and Karen are always great hosts. I look forward to next summers' stay!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 13, 2006

Don't try to cancel, because the owner has a 14-day cancelation policy and he'll charge you, even if you only made the reservation a few days before your arrival date! Also, the furnishings and decorations were from c1950, the ceilings were low, and the beds uncomfortable -- though none of that is as bad as the SMELL, which was very musty and animal-like. Definitely not worth the money; I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2006

I was put up at this motel through my job. Everything is old and low budget. I don't know what the rate was because I was'nt paying the bill. There is a pool out back in the woods and a tiny dorm fridge in the room. No spare outlets and a view of a nursing home.

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank Maine14
A TripAdvisor Member
Raynham, MA
Reviewed July 8, 2006

We stayed at the Mariner for the July 4 holiday and loved it! The rooms are spacious, very clean, very quiet and have refrigerators. The friendly management was attentive our every need during our stay. The location of the motel is perfect and there are many things to do that are within walking distance. We were very pleased with our stay and look forward to returning next year!

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
woburn,ma
Reviewed July 4, 2006

My husband and I stayed one night and it was terrible. The room smelled of mildew and it didnot have any electrical outlets. I had to unplug the refrigerator to dry my hair, and charge my cell phone. We were kept up all night by partying young people outside our door.

• Stayed: July 2006