“Cranberry Blush”

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cranberry Blush”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I was camping with friends in Falmouth and ended up visiting the Cape Cod Winery. I saw a piece about it on Chronicle Channel 5, Boston, and wanted to see for myself what the place was really like.

It was a very fiendly atmosphere. Seeing that we were the last ones for the day, the owvers even took the time to show me and my friends around even after closing hours and gave a a taste of a few wine selections. My favorite was the Craberry Blush. I liked them all, but the one that sticks out was the cranberry blush. I hope to get back there when the weather is nice and take a few bottles with me on my next camping trip.

1 Thank Samverine

Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Day Trip Experience”
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I loved this winery; I went in the summer with my husband, daughter and our dog. It was wonderful to be outside surrounded by the beautiful scenery and to see the owner tending to his grapes. They have tastings and a little store to buy great gifts at. It looks like you are in their own house and you feel so welcome while you are there. They even let me dig up a piece of their lilac bush so I could replant it at my house, now I have a beautiful reminder of the winery. I suggest this as a great day trip to the cape.

2 Thank kobrien159
Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kid friendly farm and family winery with great European style wines. Beautiful vineyard”
Reviewed January 25, 2010

This is a fantastic place to spend a few hours on a nice day or even in the rain. On our way to Mashpee my friends, their kids and I stopped by to have a tour and wine tasting. The kids immediately ran to the tire swing. Then the kids chased the rooster , ducks and some chickens that were roaming the vineyard. Luckily, we went in September when they were harvesting.We were allowed to harvest and were given bottles of wine for our hard work. We also took a tour of the wine cellar where the oak barrels are stored. The gentelman that owns the vineyard is Italian with a thick accent so we felt like we were in Italy. My favorite wines were the Cranberry Blush and the Pinot Grigio. I bought a mixed case at a discount so i could give Christmas gifts and serve wine over the holidays. Unfortunately, the case didn't last through November.We cannot wait to pretend we are in Italy again next summer.

2 Thank pgerry
Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Delicious Pinot Grigio-Beautiful Vineyard”
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We visited this winery in November 2009on the way to the National seashore. We were pleasantly surprised by the gorgeous vineyard and the curteous staff. The winetasting included seven wines and was complimentary for the holiday season. We chose a bottle of Pinot Grigio to bring home and serve with our Thanksgiving feast and our guests loved it! We will definitly go back on our next trip to Cape Cod and stock up our wine cellar.

2 Thank elisabetg
Niskayuna, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Nice store, nice staff, disappointing wine”
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I went here for a tasting on 8/13 on a rainy day. I expected more cars in the lot on such a day but there was steady traffic to the winery. The vineyard was very well maintained and I expected to be pleased with the wines as I enjoyed my visit about five years earlier. There is a $5 dollar fee for the tasting which includes a wine glass and $1 coupon. I sampled seven wines and I enjoyed two- the cranberry blush and the port. The port went very well with the chocolate brownies and the cranberry blush had a nice taste and finish to it. The dessert wine was pretty good but I did not care for the Nobska Red or White this time around. Like a previous review, I also found them to be strong and leave an unpleasant taste in my mouth. The staff was great and they do have a small but nice store. I'll go back again in a few years but I can't recommend making a special trip to visit the winery at this point.