Reserved a 2-bedroom unit 4 months in advance for my 50th birthday celebration with my better half and adult kids. This was through our timeshare/points. We had a 2nd floor unit in block 500 overlooking the ocean - perfect location! We did arrive early (check-in isn't until 4 pm) and the room wasn't ready, so we went into town for some lunch. By the time we returned, we only had to wait another 10 minutes or so to get in.
The unit itself was quite large, with a balcony spanning the entire length, from living room to both bedrooms, with chairs and a table, and an incredible view. The kitchen area was a little cramped, however, the way the entry door and hallway were placed there just wasn't much kitchen space. One of the drawers was blocked by the oven and couldn't open unless the oven door was down, which was pretty silly. Also, I wouldn't really say the kitchen was fully stocked: there was only one, medium sized frying pan, one thin dishtowel (though paper towels were available), and no filters for the coffee maker. I understand conservation regulations prevent having dishwashers, but who trusts the previous tenants to properly clean dishes and silverware? We washed everything before use. The fridge, toaster, and oven/stovetop worked just fine.
Bathroom towels were quite thin and rough, and there was very little counter space in both bathrooms (though the master bedroom had a separate vanity area outside the bathroom). Silly little issue, the toilet paper rolls were on the wall opposite the toilet, on the far side of the door, so unless you had long arms (which none of us do), it was quite a stretch to reach the tp unless you lifted your fanny off the toilet seat...Furniture was somewhat dated and faded (though nice new tvs) and it was apparent the housekeeping/cleaning wasn't of the deep type - visible crumbs under the pull-out couch for example. I wasn't too happy about paying money for WiFi but had no choice since my son had homework due for one of his college classes and had to submit it on-line. (They do have public use computers in the "lobby" though.)
But that was really the extent of our complaints, and it didn't prevent us from thoroughly enjoying our stay. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and the unit was perfect and comfortable for hanging out, playing board games and enjoying family meals when we weren't otherwise outdoors enjoying the beach area and Falmouth/Woods Hole attractions. We did not use the master suite whirlpool but took full advantage of the indoor pool and jacuzzi - perfect time of year to have them almost all to ourselves and no loud children! And the sunsets...breathtaking!
The front desk/maintenance was very responsive when we informed them of a drinking glass that had inexplicably committed suicide by jumping off the counter. Someone was up with a vacuum within minutes to clean up the shards.
I realize I spent more bandwidth listing negatives than positives, but Surfside still deserves 4 "stars" in my book. I wouldn't hesitate to book another vacation there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the Atlantic Ocean at the front, Great Pond behind and Martha's Vineyard on the horizon, this resort is surrounded by the natural beauty. Accommodations include studios, 1 and 2 bedroom suites with fully equipped efficiency kitchens and private decks with great views. Amenities: Indoor & Outdoor Pools, Beach, Bocce Court, Shuffleboard and Tennis Court ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your InnSeason Resorts Surfside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Innseason Resorts Surfside Hotel Falmouth
- InnSeason Resorts Surfside Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod