We have stayed at the Inn Season Surfside for 3 years now, and each year has been a nice vacation. We stayed in a one bedroom in the 500s numbered building. The main room is well furnished with a large dinning table, full-size pull out couch, updated kitchen with microwave and oven (no dishwasher), and flat screen TV. The bedroom has a new king sized bed and a larger, dated, tube style TV, but it works just fine. The AC worked perfectly in both rooms and we had beautiful views of the ocean and pond on both sides of our balcony. The property is very well maintained and beautifully landscaped! We loved using the shuffle board and bocce ball courts - definitely an added bonus!
The staff in the main office were continuously friendly and always seemed to have smiles on their faces. One female member of the office staff was especially friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating every time we interacted with her. I wish I remembered her name to give her the proper credit...
There were a few things we thought could have been improved upon / made our trip better:
- The cleaning staff is mediocre at best. They do not do a thorough cleaning daily or make the beds, but just give new towels. The cleaning woman was continuously rude to us and it seemed like we got fewer and fewer towels every day. We also found a stash of about 8 Oreo cookies under the pull out couch that were not left by anyone in our party. We actually had to clean them up ourselves out of fear of bugs. It's pretty obvious that the cleaning team only does a surface job on the rooms. They also started knocking on the door around 9:30AM. Hello?! I'm on vacation and sleeping!
- I had to pay $21 for wireless internet access for the week. I have stayed in many different classes of hotels, but it has been a LONG time since I have had to pay anything for wireless access. Also, if I'm paying $21, I expect high speed access. The internet kept dropping and I had to keep signing in to the network. Very annoying!
- The beach is extremely rocky - there isn't soft sand to sit in and I would recommend water shoes if you go in the water (this is not the fault of the hotel, but just the way the beach is)
- There were so many children in the pool! I know this is a family place, but I felt like I was being held hostage. So much screaming, yelling, noise making, that I had a headache by the time I left the pool. I just hope the pool's PH is well regulated bc I saw some suspect things that these kids did that made me not want to go in (again, this is not the fault of the hotel)
Overall, these things did not hinder our vacation, and we will return to Surfside again :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the Atlantic Ocean at the front, Great Pond behind and Martha's Vineyard on the horizon, this resort is surrounded by the natural beauty. Accommodations include studios, 1 and 2 bedroom suites with fully equipped efficiency kitchens and private decks with great views. Amenities: Indoor & Outdoor Pools, Beach, Bocce Court, Shuffleboard and Tennis Court ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your InnSeason Resorts Surfside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Innseason Resorts Surfside Hotel Falmouth
- InnSeason Resorts Surfside Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod