Sippewissett Campground and Cabins
Sea Crest Beach Hotel(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$206
$189
Sands Of Time Motor Inn & Harbor House(Woods Hole)(Great Value!)
$199
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$165
Town and Beach Motel(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$95
Mariner Motel(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$119
Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$127
Treehouse Lodge(Woods Hole)(Great Value!)
$205
$180
Official Site
The Seaside Inn(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$189
Red Horse Inn - Falmouth(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$155
$143
Beach Breeze Inn(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$194
Official Site
All reviewstent sitesbike pathbike rentalscamp storegreat locationfalmouth centerwoods holestaff was very friendly and helpfulferry to martha's vineyardshuttlecampersproximity
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I, personally will never come here again. But to be fair, I will list out the pros and cons.

Pros:

-Friendly family-owned staff.
-Within a short distance from many beaches along the Cape.
-Closest to the ferry that take you to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.
-Variety of options to choose from (Cabins, Tipis, Trailers, Tent).
-Nice bike trail.
-Bathroom/Showers are clean often enough. But what do you expect from a campground?

Cons:
-NOISY: Many sites are close to the roadway. When sleeping in a tent, it's just unbearably loud.
-CRAMPED: Sites are all too small whether you get a regular or plus site. However, the staff will mention that to you before you book. So this is a con, unless you like being cozy with your neighbors.
-EXPENSIVE - I've been to a top-notched campground that charges less than this place with great amenities.
-POOR LAYOUT - I understand this is a small campground. But it's not excuse to have the showers all at one end of the campground and none on the other end. (Ask for as site map, and you'll know what I mean).
-Hard to make reservations for a party of more than 4 people. Their online reservation form does not make it easy if you have more than 4 people coming.

Good Luck!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
10  Thank JustLookinOut4U
Reviewed June 12, 2009

We had a great time. The staff was super nice - knew more than any other place we've been - felt like they wanted us to have a good time! Not a shiney new resort, but clean and lots of room for the kids to run around, have fun and most of all feel very safe. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a genuine camping experience - they even let you have campfires!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BeachBumMum09
Reviewed July 14, 2008

I booked a Tipi for a surprise for my kids (bad idea). When I booked it some of the questions I asked were is it totally in-closed so the bugs dont get in ( oh yes they said) What happens if it rains (it would have to rain really hard for the rain to get in , they said). Are the bathrooms clean (very clean, she said)..
So lets see the bugs were all over us all night, the rain would come in threw all the wholes in the TiPi and the bathrooms were really GROSS. I went and told the camp ground people that I was unhappy and they said TO BAD, LEAVE THEN,( we did) thats not really a great way to get people to come back.. I would not recommend this camp to anybody--dont go.........

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank Howdog
Reviewed August 9, 2007

We camped in a tent at this campground as a base to tour around Cape Cod. There was a good mix of tenters and trailers. The grounds are very well kept, clean and somewhat private - no sites were totally private but there are lots of trees surrounding you - so you're never right out in the open. The toilets and showers were cleaned regularily and although there are only three showers for women and three for men, we never had to wait to take a shower. This is one of the only campgrounds on the Cape that allow real campfires at night and provide fire pits - which is great. They sell fire wood or you can bring in your own. The campground was very quite - I saw campground staff patrolling the grounds at night to monitor the noise level and in the early morning as well. The staff was helpful and offer a shuttle to the ferry to Martha's Vineyard and a beach to avoid the parking costs - we choose not to do this as the times are limited as to when the drop off and pick up are. The location of the campground is ideal - it's very close (10 min. drive) to the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. It's an hour drive to the tip of Cape Cod - Provincetown (great place for whale watching!) And it's about 2 hours to get to Boston, Pylmouth and Salem - 3 hours to Glouscester. Plus there are plenty of beaches in the area as well. The campground is small but well maintained - half the trailers there I believe are there year round, and the other half is for the people just camping for a while. We'd stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travellingplaces
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Luckily we had only a one day reservation. Overall the stay was a negative experience. I'll try and be fair and give pros and cons.

First the Pros. The campground staff are very nice and offer lots of information to those who are not familiar with the area. There is a free shuttle to a beach; we didn't make use of it but i think it is worth mentioning since it is free. They have employees who putt around the grounds 24/7 providing some sense of security. All sites have a metal fire ring, water, electric hook up and picnic table. There are shade trees.

Ok now the cons. The website talks of your serene private campsite. This is a joke. The campground is relatively small considering the amount of sites and so it basically feels like a campsite parking lot. There is just about no buffer between sites so you feel like you are camping with your neighbors! When we set up our tent we were literally 5 feet from our neighbors tent on one side and about 8 feet from our neighbors on the other. The campsites are quite small, and ours resembled an all dirt parking spot. Also i think people actually live in campers in a section of the campground so that section resebles a trailer park. The bathrooms were fairly small and the stalls were cramped. The cleanliness seemed average. They do use cloth towels which made me a bit wary not knowing how often they were cleaned.

I would suggest looking at another cape cod campground.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank rman114