“Good food, ok service”

Persy's Place
Ranked #46 of 168 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Like any place down the cape on a Sunday morning I expected to wait a while for my food. I didn't mind because it was a beautiful morning and we were seated outside (seats were not that comfortable because they were all metal). But our waitress seemed mad that we were there. I overheard her telling different tables that there will be a long wait for you food. She never once smiled. Asked for milk she said they didn't have it...I understand it must be stressful when there are a lot of people and tables you have to wait on but that is your job. I will say my egg white omelet was very good and worth the wait. Also the outside seating is great when the weather cooperates.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I went to Percy's Place on a recommendation from a family member. We waited about 1/2 hour for our table and witnessed a very slow ability to turn over tables. The hostess was helping to set and clear tables while adding names to a long wait list. People were frustrated that tables were sitting empty while the line got longer.
Once seated I was impressed with the huge menu and choices available. There is great flexibility on how you can order your food. For example, when ordering pancakes you don't have to order all of the same flavor. Or, you can order one slice of french toast and one pancake with your eggs. It all sounded great and I was anticipating a delicious breakfast with lots of variety.
Unfortunately, that was not the case. The pancakes, of which I ordered the cape cod with cranberries and walnuts and the buttermilk, were thick, dry and tasteless. The scrambled eggs were not much better and the grilled cornbread, which I was highly looking forward to, was average at best.
No one in our party felt the food was anything special and we will not be returning.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel next to Persy's. The service was fine but not great. the food was simply not good. Boxed pancakes would have been a huge improvement to what we got. Fresh cranberry waffle was actually a waffle with craisins.
Prices were high for low quality. Many other choices in Falmouth...pick one of those.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

After going to Moonakis Café, 4 straight weekends, we decided to go back to Persy's which we have not been to in a couple of years. We will be going back to Moonakis. Although the value is comparable, the service and the selection are not as good.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Persy's was recommended highly by family in the area. Service was just ok -- my coffee cup was empty move than I like. The breakfast was delicious, but not anything to rave about--average. Pricing average -- Home made bread stole the plate. Good choice for the Falmouth traveler