“Wonderful place, would stay again!”

Green Harbor Waterfront Lodging
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed September 30, 2010

The mngr was wonderful when we arrived at Green Manor. After explaining that we had just had a horrible experience at another hotel (I'll be reviewing THAT one as well) he was more than willing to walk us down and show us the room...which was CLEAN, convenient w/ kitchen area, poolside, & pet-friendly! After checking in, he took the time to point out directions and places on a local map and made us feel relieved to have picked the right place to stay. We stayed during what is probably considered 'off' season and it was quite quiet, & enjoyable.
The rooms, grounds and pools are well maintained...and there are row & paddle boats for guests to use (free)...though we never got a chance! :( We did use the pool one evening, which was appropriately water lit after dark and open late, which we enjoyed.
Convenient, quick drive to shopping, food, and beaches...we would definitely stay here again!

If I had one complaint, it would be the lumpy pillows & the fact that the head of one of the beds in our room seemed to be tilting toward the wall. (I kept waking the first night having slid and found my head against the headboard!) My step-son found 'wedges' in the foot end and adjusted them, and it was better after that :)
Other than that...

Thank you Milton & Green Manor for an enjoyable, comfortable stay!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 24, 2010

The first time we stayed here was about five years ago. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and have been going back there, ever since. We always stay in a beachside room, which has a lovely view of the water and has a kitchenette: this area is quiet and private. Next year we might stay in a poolside room: these are equally nice and offer more of an opportunity to mingle with others. Going out on the paddleboats is my favorite activity, however they also have shuffleboard, volleyball and an inviting glider for those relaxing evenings. Some patrons bring their boats, which can be conveniently docked right there. Dogs, kept on a leash, are allowed and everyone is respectful about keeping the area neat and clean, so that all patrons are comfortable. Our little Jakie loves meeting other dogs, and I must admit, I do too. The grounds are very well kept and provide pleasant surroundings for all. The resort is family owned and operated and every year we feel like we are visiting with old friends; they are warm, friendly and extremely accomodating to their guests. We certainly would recommend a stay at Green Harbor Waterfront Lodging to anyone; families, couples, dog lovers, fisherman, boating enthusiasts, etc.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We found the Green Harbor Motel on a spur-of-the-moment, unplanned visit to Falmouth. It turned out to be our good fortune, for that was many, many years ago and we have returned every year to stay at least twice a year. Every visit to the Green Harbor keeps getting better so our stays there keep getting longer. Milton and Paula Kelley and their staff are the ultimate hosts and they consistently go above and beyond to ensure that their guests have everything that they need to make a stay at the Green Harbor spectacular. We stay in a standard room and find that they are very spacious and very comfortable. The Kelleys make it their mission to continually make improvements and upgrades to the guest rooms so that they are always fresh, bright, exceptionally clean and have wonderful amenities. The motel grounds are beautifully landscaped and conducive to providing any size family the right combination of entertainment and relaxation. Green Harbor is pet friendly and kid friendly and offers all of their guests unlimited access to the pool, dock, beach and water crafts as well seating and grill areas. A stay at the Green Harbor is a magical experience and we will keep coming back for all that the place…and the Kelleys… have to offer.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bsoldani
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Perfect place for a family vacation. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

After having spent most of my summers in Martha's Vineyard, my friends and I took a gamble on the place. Let me first say that this is NOT on a swimmable body of water, but they do have a pretty large sized pool and they are very family-oriented.
The good:
Like I said, the pool is large and heated, so even when it's not so warm outside, you can still swim.
There are lots of families there, so there was always someone for my friend's daughter to "play with" She's only 2, so there wasn't too much independent playing happening, but still some tube sharing and such :-)
It's a lot closer than the Vineyard and the ferry to MV is only about a mile away with a large parking lot that is far less crowded than Woods Hole.
The rooms are clean and ours had a tinykitchenette and fridge. Great for making lunches and such
Paddle Boats and kayaks are available to everyone staying there.
Fairly inexpensive to stay
The Bad:
The beds are not comfy at all and the comforters are a little bit old and worn looking
the toiletries are non-existent at best
The shower kept filling up while showering and hot water did run a bit low late in the morning
The kitchen was TINY and it was very hard to cook an actual meal. It's really just best for making sandwiches and perhaps eggs for breakfast.
Overall:
Really nice owners and staff, lots of families around to chat with, and pretty convenient to shops in town. Definitely not luxury, but pretty good value!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank keirao
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Choosing Green Harbor for our vacation was best decision I could have ever made. We are a military family and my husband has been deployed so it was up to me to decide where we would stay on the Cape this year. Green Harbor came highly recommended. Milt and Paula are exceptional hosts and it is obvious they take much pride in the upkeep of their property as the pools were kept meticulously clean, the grounds and flowerbeds were absolutely beautiful and their personnel are top notch. On the first night my son accidently walked through the screen door tearing it apart and I cannot tell you how gracious Milt was when telling him the next morning. When we arrived back at Green Harbor about two hours later the screen had been replaced and they refused to accept any type of compensation. This year I did pack laptops and games but after two days of non-use I put them away because the kids preferred to be outside with their new instant friends playing games, swimming, fishing, crabbing or just taking a ride in the paddle boats. While this environment provided the children with much fun it also gave me the peace and quiet I needed. On a daily basis my son corresponds with two friends he met at Green Harbor, one of whom is from Russia. As you can tell, I could not have chosen a better atmosphere for the three of us and my husband has informed me that when he returns next year from the desert, we are going to make reservations at Green Harbor for his homecoming. I think that says it all.

1  Thank Dru8545
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We just spent four fabulous days at the Green Harbor with our kids and grandkids. The kids, young and old had a great time and they took advantage of it all, the pools, the boats, fishing, the beach, the BBQ grills and the beautiful grounds. The staff couldn't be nicer and the rooms were spotless. We couldn't of had a better time.