It has been just over 2 years now since our wedding group stayed at the Cape Wind for the weekend, and I've been meaning to write a review, but it always seemed to slip my mind. We were able to book every room in the complex (except one that was a seasonal residence), which really set the stage for what became a truly wonderful weekend for everyone involved. The day before the wedding we were able to take advantage of the great open space the Capewind has to offer by setting up an impromptu wiffle-ball game. The horseshoe shaped layout of the complex with the green space in the middle really lends itself to a large group. Our guests all loved being able to sit out on the picnic tables and chaise lounges and interact with family and old friends, and mingle and meet new friends. After our daytime reception the next day, we all headed back to the Capewind to enjoy the open air and open space and enjoy the rest of the daylight and early evening hours. Rachel, the manager, was extremely gracious, accommodating and patient. We couldn't have asked anything more from her. The Capewind is a truly unique hotel for the area. No other hotel/ motel that we found (and we checked out MANY) could offer nearly the amount of public space and privacy. And the Capewind is not just for large groups. Whenever my parents come up from NY to visit my in-laws (for other weddings, Road Race weekend, etc.) they ALWAYS choose the CapeWind. My Mom loves to swim in the pool or sit out on her chaise on the lawn and read her books. My one and only complaint has to do with their refund policy. My parents were planning a trip up this October for a wedding and unfortunately had to cancel due to a medical issue with my father. They will receive a voucher for the amount of their deposit, but it must be used by the end of the calendar year (with less than 3 months remaining). They will try to find someone who can use it, but chances are that it will go to waste. We just wish that the policy could have been a bit more flexible considering their regular patronage and my father's medical conidtion. But overall, we consider ourselves lucky to have found this place, and our family will undoubtedly be frequenting it for years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CapeWind is a unique, secluded waterfront haven on five lush acres overlooking a sparkling bay leading to the ocean. CapeWind offers the personality and atmosphere much like a country inn. Whether you are enjoying the comfortable accommodations of your room or venturing out your front door onto our spacious lawns, our staff is always close by to lend a hand or simply a wave and a warm smile. Once you enter our long, private drive you'll be transported into an atmosphere of peace and beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your CapeWind Waterfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capewind Waterfront Hotel Falmouth
- Capewind Waterfront Falmouth
- CapeWind Waterfront Resort Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod