“Received a great recommendation”
We wanted to spend a week-end in Falmouth but did not know exactly where to stay. We contacted our son, who lives in Falmouth, for advice. He referred us to the Capewind Waterfront Resort. Our first impression of the place was that it was in a nice location (Away from the main road but close to local businesses) and well arranged. (In a horseshoe fashion) The staff we met was very friendly and helpful.
We were amazed at how clean the room was. We have stayed in many places, newer and older, that were not as clean as this. Being late in the season there was not much activity. We made a comment that, in high tourist seasons, this must be an awesome place to stay. We really liked the idea that they had lawn chairs, charcoal grills and a large grassy area available to play in and, of course a pool. We are not much for water except to walk the beach and enjoy the views and the view was great here. For those who enjoy water sports, it’s a nice place to be.
All in all, this is a great place to be if you want to spend time on Cape Cod. We will definitely stay here again. Having said that, I must say, there are a couple of things that could be improved. I do not have any solutions for them and maybe it is not feasible or it may not be a problem at all to others. 1st.) Another couple of chairs in the room would have been nice. I did not enjoy sitting on the edge of the bed to watch TV or to have to keep moving chairs around. 2nd.) The shower. For some odd reason the shower curtain kept attaching to your body while taking a shower. It was very annoying. Also, some ventilation in the bathroom would be nice.
Even without those items corrected, it is a great place to stay. There are no reasons we can think of why, anyone would not enjoy staying at the Capewind Waterfront Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CapeWind is a unique, secluded waterfront haven on five lush acres overlooking a sparkling bay leading to the ocean. CapeWind offers the personality and atmosphere much like a country inn. Whether you are enjoying the comfortable accommodations of your room or venturing out your front door onto our spacious lawns, our staff is always close by to lend a hand or simply a wave and a warm smile. Once you enter our long, private drive you'll be transported into an atmosphere of peace and beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your CapeWind Waterfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capewind Waterfront Hotel Falmouth
- Capewind Waterfront Falmouth
- CapeWind Waterfront Resort Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod